BubbaGump's Batman Fan Art

loving all the stuff above, but anxiously awaiting the original stuff. can't wait!

I've made my first steps towards orginality, but not quite there. I took advice from Syncos. I used an existing Batman pose by David Mazzuchelli from Year One, and made it in the style of Bruce Timm.

drawings002ib6.jpg

Tell me what you think.

It's definitely a step in the right direction. I really like that you're taking the initiative to better yourself as an artist. You had a choice between staying where you were comfortable, or breaking out of that rut and trying something new. I know how difficult that can be sometimes. =)

I've made my first steps towards orginality, but not quite there. I took advice from Syncos. I used an existing Batman pose by David Mazzuchelli from Year One, and made it in the style of Bruce Timm.

drawings002ib6.jpg

Tell me what you think.

I like this design and the mood. If cleaned up and inked, this picture can be a very, very big leap for you.

I would suggest working on that right hand. Everything else is looking pretty nice.

nice... love the shadow and highlights and everything... looks great.

Replies:

Sinco: Thank you for feedback. It's really, really helped me. Even though I was comfortable with where I was you really showed me a way where I can start doing something new. :yay: No rudeness required.

keith_v: Thanks for the comment. As for the right hand, it has been bugging me, too. But I think erasing it would cause some unneccesary smudges, and that would cause more bad than good. And I'm done with the drawing anyway, so I'll leave it at that. As for the inking, I'm trying to find some inexpensive pens as we speak.

Mattchew: Thanks!

Anyway, well I haven't drawn anything new for the past week, so I thought I'd just share something I did a long time ago. It's based on one of Jim Lee's sketches, but I took out Catwoman. Ran out of space.

drawings003bp8.jpg

that is a little to much work to look at.

What?

----------------------------------

Well, I've sacked the comic book project for now. Done a few page sketches, but lost interest. In fact, I'm in some sort of drawing recession. I haven't gotten around to doing anything big lately.

Well, except this little drawing. It's a mix of Dick Sprang/Bruce Timm/Mazzuchelli/and Darwyne Cooke (where I got the posture from). I cut it for no apperant reason, which would explain the frayed edges.

batsy001ql4.jpg

Bored much?

And here are some oldies I did a long time ago:

faceqy1.jpg

Jim Lee Two-Face

batsysu2.jpg

Bruce Timm Batman.

Well, that's all for today...and for a while. Still in a drawing slump. :csad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"