Iron Man 3 Bye A.I.M. rest in peace!

Norm3

Civilian
Reaction score
Spoilers

[blackout] Is A.I.M. dead forever? I'm sick of Marvel letting Writers & Directors use Comic Book names of people or organization only to see them destroyed and never be able to use them again just for a few nods & winks to the comic book fans. A.I.M. has a huge history with different Marvel characters now its gone. [/blackout]

Last edited:
[blackout]No. Not at all. Where in the hell did you get that idea? It was obviously an origin film for AIM. I hesitate to say even the Mandarin is gone forever. Also try some spoiler tags. They are sensitive about that 'round these parts. [/blackout]

[blackout]No. Not at all. Where in the hell did you get that idea? It was obviously an origin film for AIM. I hesitate to say even the Mandarin is gone forever. Also try some spoiler tags. They are sensitive about that 'round these parts. [/blackout]
[blackout]The creator of AIM is dead? [/blackout]

AIM is not gone at all, if anything the company probably goes into a more dark direction by the effect of the films ending.

The creator of AIM is dead?

Spoilers dude, gotta black it out or tag it.

And there is no reason to think [blackout]Killian is dead, we never see a body or its spoken about. He obviously developed advanced Extremis powers to help him survive being exploded.[/blackout]

[blackout]For sure. And in the comics Killian has nothing to do with AIM. Like I said, try to think of it as an Origin film for AIM.

Like CA:TFA and Hydra. I don't believe for a second Hydra is gone either.

Now that being said, I understand your concerns about names and properties when it comes to Jack Taggert and Ellen Brandt. Why use comic book names on throwaway characters? ******** if you ask me.[/blackout]

AIM is not gone at all, if anything the company probably goes into a more dark direction by the effect of the films ending.

[blackout] How do you figure. Their founder is dead. [/blackout]

[blackout]Even if they make up some weak way to use AIM again. They should have just called Aldrich Killian group/company something else if its a one movie deal. [/blackout]

AIM could still come back. Different leader or maybe even the same guy. I don't really mind, I think AIM should only be used as villains' suppliers or use their resources. I wouldn't want the organization itself to be the "big bad".

Dude. I wholeheartedly 100% believe that AIM will be back. In fact, I'm glad AIM was introduced in this film. And I actually would've been disappointed if they used some other random company name.

It's all a part of the plan...
0.jpg

Word, random company name would suck. I'd be unbelievable.

However, a thread to discuss the yellow suited jack booted thugs, and the crazy eyed scientists that run them. How about it?

406px-AIMmodok.jpg

This is probably what most people think of when they think of AIM. But every [evil] orgainization has to start somewhere. I guess this time they started with Extremis. And really, as smart as Killian was, it didn't seem like he was the brains behind much other than the corporate aspect. Obviously Maya invented the Extremis formula. Killian just used it to become rich and powerful. Perhaps they are working on a MODOK. And I can only assume many of the scientists have to wear yellow hazmat suits.

And now, I think a 21st century Hydra will be introduced in CA:TWS. It's unlikely Red Skull is back yet, so I'd say Zemo is behind the scenes. it's not too much of a stretch to assume Hydra funds AIM. Where else would AIM be getting money? US government funding? Unlikely. Science funding is menial in the US. Trust me, I know. And AIM truly hasn't produced a product that sells yet. So... Truth be told, it's gotta be Hydra.

Meaning Hydra, Ten Rings and AIM are all working together. Scary...

Well, it's kinda like Hammer Industries - they never even mentioned it after IM2 so who knows? If they want to use them, they will, and nothing will stop them. Cmon, it's Marvel, nothing is truly dead or gone. If they want to bring anything back, they will.

I was half expecting a MODOK reference or something akin to its name. I dont think we will ever get a full huge head robot in a marvel film, but something NAMED Modok...or something like how we have JARVIS but he's just an AI; I would expect them to use MODOK in that same vein.

well. I agree. For the most part. Although, things might start to get weird [BLACKOUT]"after that big guy with the hammer fell out of the sky..."[/BLACKOUT]

But even if MODOK is like... a trojan that infects Ultron or something. I'd be thrilled.

well. I agree. For the most part. Although, things might start to get weird [BLACKOUT]"after that big guy with the hammer fell out of the sky..."[/BLACKOUT]

But even if MODOK is like... a trojan that infects Ultron or something. I'd be thrilled.

I somehow missed that line from Killian - that's why I hate going to the cinema with friends that keep asking me **** throughout the movie, missing out stuff and make me miss stuff too. :cmad:

So anyway, can anyone remind me what was the context in which Killian brought this thing about Thor up?

This is a bad thread and you should feel bad for making it.

I somehow missed that line from Killian - that's why I hate going to the cinema with friends that keep asking me **** throughout the movie, missing out stuff and make me miss stuff too. :cmad:

So anyway, can anyone remind me what was the context in which Killian brought this thing about Thor up?

It was in the room shortly before [BLACKOUT]he offs Maya. [/BLACKOUT]

I was in the bathroom my first time seeing it. Because it was just after the twist was revealed and I was a little bit pissy. No pun intended.

[blackout]"subtlety's kinda had its day." Then he throws the feed of Pepper infected by Extremis. [/blackout]

idk. i truly think it was just a fan service line. it fits... but not like, very well.

It was in the room shortly before [BLACKOUT]he offs Maya. [/BLACKOUT]

I was in the bathroom my first time seeing it. Because it was just after the twist was revealed and I was a little bit pissy. No pun intended.

Maya didn't die though. She was seen at the end when there was a small montage of the aftermath.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"