World Can anyone compare Captain America to Batman?

Hordakfan

Civilian
Reaction score
I mean they fought and became friends in DC vs. Marvel, Captain America/Batman and JLA/Avengers.

But can anyone compare both heroes?
compare their fighting skills and stamina?
compare Red Skull to Joker?
Compare Bucky to Robin?
Compare their weapons?

No. :woot:

Not really. A better comparison would be between Tony Stark and Bruce Wayne. Both are billionaires whose parents died tragically, and both are incredibly resourceful. Essentially - their superpower is their level of ingenuity; but even then: Stark is a genius, and Wayne not so much.

As a son raised by poor Irish immigrants, Rogers is an idealist who comes from extremely humble beginnings. Wayne was born within the Wayne Manor.

Rogers is a Super Soldier with superpowers (albeit not something that existed in the first place) and has an incredibly reliable shield, which he doesn't always need. Wayne is empowered by the tangible resources he has - so long as he has all of his liquid assets and Wayne Enterprises is still functioning.

There's really not much of a comparison between Rogers and Wayne.

Personally, I don't agree with Marvel/DC crossovers because while the Marvel Universe takes place in real cities in the US, DC characters protect places that don't actually exist.

Ok so Tony Stark and Bruce Wayne are alike but i think Steel is DC's answer to Iron Man if you ask me.

But what about Robin and Bucky or Red Skull and Joker?

No. :woot:

Not really. A better comparison would be between Tony Stark and Bruce Wayne. Both are billionaires whose parents died tragically, and both are incredibly resourceful. Essentially - their superpower is their level of ingenuity; but even then: Stark is a genius, and Wayne not so much.

As a son raised by poor Irish immigrants, Rogers is an idealist who comes from extremely humble beginnings. Wayne was born within the Wayne Manor.

Rogers is a Super Soldier with superpowers (albeit not something that existed in the first place) and has an incredibly reliable shield, which he doesn't always need. Wayne is empowered by the tangible resources he has - so long as he has all of his liquid assets and Wayne Enterprises is still functioning.

There's really not much of a comparison between Rogers and Wayne.

Personally, I don't agree with Marvel/DC crossovers because while the Marvel Universe takes place in real cities in the US, DC characters protect places that don't actually exist.

Maybe Nolan's Bruce Wayne is no genius; he needs everything to be done for him by Lucius Fox.

The Bruce Wayne of the comic books, however, is the world's greatest detective, fighter, AND has a genius-level intellect. This is evident in his deductive skills, vast knowledge of numerous disciplines, inventiveness, languages, and other related skills.

And I'm not talking about Morrison's "Super Batman," either. I'm talking about Batman from B:TAS and the comics since the O'Neill/Adams run.

The Bruce Wayne of the comic books, however, is the world's greatest detective, fighter, AND has a genius-level intellect. This is evident in his deductive skills, vast knowledge of numerous disciplines, inventiveness, languages, and other related skills.

And with "prep time" he can defeat anyone.

And with "prep time" he can defeat anyone.

Again, that's the "Super Bat" of Morrison's JLA run and later Batman stuff. I'm not talking about that level of genius. Go watch B:TAS and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Just a quick question, do you need rights to use landmarks in comic books?

Did anyone thought it was a logical fight in DC vs. Marvel and was a logical crossover comic with the amazing Batman/Captain America comic?

Mark Miller did compare Batman to Captain America once in an interview a few years ago. forgot which one though.

I kinda think they are both like Batman in certain ways:

Captain America: Strong drive/conviction, very rigorous physical training, selfless in the face of danger, tactical genious, great sense of integrity.

Tony: Genious Intellect, Inventive, reliance on technology, extreme wealth/funding with great production capabilities, photographic memory, great computer skills.

Batman: Strong drive (to the point of being suicidal), selfless in the face of danger, very rigorous training, tactical genious, great sense of integrity, genious intellect, inventive, relies strongly on gadgets and deception, extremely wealthy, wayne industries can manufacture what he needs, photographic memory, forensic expert, criminologist, great computer skills

Batman relies on both Gadgets, Learned skills and Strength, Captain America relies mostly on Strength and learned skills, and Tony relies almost exclusively on his 'Gadget' (suit) along with the skill it takes to wield it, which I assume is fairly easy on account of him probably designing it to be very intuitive, coupled with onboard computer aid.

Batman and Ironman are my favorite characters, but I gravitate more towards batman on account of him having such discipline along with despite only wearing kevlar etc. he has no problem standing side by side with Superman or the like fighting his enemies with speed agility and guile instead of brute force in direct opposition to Starks reckless and at times self-centered ways, Tony does have a great sense of humor in the face of adversity that Batman and Cap doesn't share. Ok I went off track there so I'll just end the post here.

Did anyone thought it was a logical fight in DC vs. Marvel and was a logical crossover comic with the amazing Batman/Captain America comic?

I thought it was kinda weird, but hey at least we learned that the Joker is patriotic, and he got to ride a nuke! :woot:

Just a quick question, do you need rights to use landmarks in comic books?
Not that I know of, I mean the Marvel Universe takes place in New York and artists depict the NY skyline, they've also blown up the twin towers before 9/11 ever happened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"