World Can anyone compare Thor to Shazam (Captain Marvel) or Superman?

Hordakfan

Civilian
Reaction score
I mean does anyone feel Thor is a combo of both heroes? he has fought both of them in DC vs. Marvel and JLA/Avengers. Let's compare shall we?

Compare Thor to Shazam (aka Captain Marvel) and Superman?
Compare Loki to BlackAdam and Lex Luthor?
Compare their strengths?
Compare Their weakensses?
Compare Donald Blake to Billy Batson and Clark kent?
Compare Superman's and Thor's fathers?

I mean does anyone feel Thor is a combo of both heroes?

Oddly, I always felt like Stan Lee had Superman in mind when he created Thor, yet the result was a character more akin to DC's Captain Marvel (mystical/magical based power set)

Compare Thor to Shazam (aka Captain Marvel) and Superman?

An appraisal of each DC character power set to Thor's reveals, IMHO, a MAJOR advantage for DC's two powerhouses in terms of speed, especially Superman. Of course, Captain Marvel has no demonstrated weakness to magic or Kryptonite.

Compare Loki to BlackAdam and Lex Luthor?
Compare their strengths?
Compare Their weakensses?

Loki is obviously the more powerful wielder of magic while Black Adam, IMHO, is a greater threat to Captain Marvel than Loki ever was to Thor, save for the times he was able to get his hands on the Destroyer armor. Lex Luthor would be an interesting match for Loki. I give the advantage to Loki. Magic triumphs over technology.

Compare Donald Blake to Billy Batson and Clark kent?

They all are similar in terms of their courageousness and innate nobility. Personally, I would like to see Thor lose Don Blake altogether, although, the way Fraction is writing Thor, that doesn't appear to be happening anytime soon.

Compare Superman's and Thor's fathers?

Y'know, Odin seems to be a real jerk these days. I mean there has been friction between Thor and Odin in the past, but nothing like what Fraction is portraying Odin to be these days.

To me, Superman's dad was always a little more compassionate than Thor's.

Or how about Jane to Lois?

And who else liked it when hammer-boy fought the big red cheese in Marvel vs. DC?

Thor vs Shazam was pretty lame really since their was only a couple blows thrown in that fight.

Thor when written with all his abilities to me is more powerful then both superman and captain marvel, unfortunately the way thethe write Thor now even Spider-Man can beat him.

I still think Thor is Marvel's Captain Marvel as much as Hulk is Marvel's Superman.

Thor was Marvel's answer to Superman. Stan "The Man" Lee admitted to as much.

It's funny how they've taken away all of Thor's nobility in that video. He almost comes across as a drunk guy picking a fight.

Also surprising that they had Thor basically beat Superman in the fair fight, only letting Superman win because he got lucky and got supercharged.

Thor has been clocked at moving faster then the speed of light so there is no speed advantage
Though due to weaker allies in the marvel verse Thor is consistenly written now a days alot weaker then black adam n supes... but if u take all thors body of work and feats he easily beats supes (who is weak against magic) and I think h3 is abetter fighter and has more projectile blast feats that are impressive then cap

THat is all

Yeah seems like they ignored the MAGIC hammer and made Thor an idiot.
Thor wouldn't go look for a fight JUST BECAUSE either

Lady Sif showed me a video at a Convention and MORE than half said THOR would win in a fight and many were DC fans

If Superman tries to lift Thor's hammer and lifts the Earth instead, is that considered lifting Thor's hammer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"