Can someone clear up the Lumerian Star plot?

Discussion in 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' started by Schlosser85, May 26, 2016.

1. Schlosser85

Schlosser85 Watchful Protector

I find this plotline a little fuzzy.

So the Lumerian Star was carrying files about the launch of Project Insight (what, exactly?).

Fury was suspicious about the files it was carrying, and hired Batroc to hijack the ship.....so he'd have an excuse to send in Natasha to get the files, while also sending Cap to stop Batroc from actually killing anyone? Meanwhile Sitwell was onboard safeguarding the files.

Do I have that right?

Did Pierce know what Fury was doing? Or did he find out about it after and use it to scapegoat Fury as a traitor?

2. Kahran Ramsus

Kahran Ramsus Well-Known Member

That's how I gathered things went down. Fury was suspicious that things weren't on the up and up with Project Insight so he arranged the hijacking as a coverup to steal the data.

Pierce found out after they picked up Batroc and then did some further investigation into who hired him. It led back to Fury and that's why he tried to have him killed for snooping around too much.

3. Kahran Ramsus

Kahran Ramsus Well-Known Member

Double Post

4. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Well-Known Member

As I recall, Lumerian Star didn't just have the files, it was the launch ship for the satellite that would essentially link the Project Insight Helicarriers.