The Winter Soldier Can someone clear up the Lumerian Star plot?

Schlosser85

Civilian
Reaction score
I find this plotline a little fuzzy.

So the Lumerian Star was carrying files about the launch of Project Insight (what, exactly?).

Fury was suspicious about the files it was carrying, and hired Batroc to hijack the ship.....so he'd have an excuse to send in Natasha to get the files, while also sending Cap to stop Batroc from actually killing anyone? Meanwhile Sitwell was onboard safeguarding the files.

Do I have that right?

Did Pierce know what Fury was doing? Or did he find out about it after and use it to scapegoat Fury as a traitor?

That's how I gathered things went down. Fury was suspicious that things weren't on the up and up with Project Insight so he arranged the hijacking as a coverup to steal the data.

Pierce found out after they picked up Batroc and then did some further investigation into who hired him. It led back to Fury and that's why he tried to have him killed for snooping around too much.

As I recall, Lumerian Star didn't just have the files, it was the launch ship for the satellite that would essentially link the Project Insight Helicarriers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"