Cars 2

Now i am less excited for Monsters University... basically seems like an AHH Real Monsters rip off...

I'm excited for Monsters University -- you can't go wrong with more Mike and Sully. Doubly so for Brave.

It would have gotten the money it deserved had the release dates been switched. Instead, the inferior movie will end up making bank this weekend.

:o
Jeffrey Katzenberg will be crying into his hundred dollar bills this weekend.:waa:

Saw the movie, not as bad as i thought it was gonna be but still nothing special, it was worth it for the Toy Story Toon and the Brave trailer though, also, I didnt know there was a 3D re-realese of Lion King coming out.

I gotta admit i chuckled at the "The Incredimobiles"

Last edited:
i liked this movie a lot dont go and bash it before you see it. go watch it and make up your own opinion about it!

Not enough people liked the first one and didn't want to see another one, could that possibly be the reason for the negative reviews and opinions of this film? A sense of entitlement maybe? I'm going to bash this film because before it is even in theaters I already have it out for it, and complain about it all over the internet? So you all hated Mater before you even saw it, so I guess that's why the movie sucks before you've even seen it too, did this film ever stand a chance?

Last edited:
Cars is the weakest Pixar movie, but I still like it better than most DreamWorks stuff. Shrek, Kung fu Panda I & II, and How to Train Your Dragon are better but that's it.

Last edited:
I thought it was average like the first film. A bit worse overall. No where near as bad as it's been panned, but still Pixar's weakest.

My review:

http://cinematicriddles.com/2011/06/25/review-cars-2/

2.5/4

While Cars might be worthy of an extra half star (don’t hold me to it), both are more or less weak where the other is strong. Cars 2 has a globe trotting and exciting plot that really doesn’t say anything meaningful, while the original was a small town tale; boring at times, but thematically potent. Still what's abundantly clear is that at the very least, the Cars films seem to represent John Lasster's uncompromised vision. A self-proclaimed car enthusiast, there’s something to value in Lasseter sticking to his guns and making the films he wants to. Sure merchandising probably drove the need for a sequel as well, but there's a lot of love here. Pixar as a whole is very much like Studio Ghibli in that way, and like Miyazaki himself they’ve made some of the best movies of all time. I just hope we don’t see Boats, Planes and Trains anytime soon.

Made 28 M Friday with a cinemascore of A-
Looks like "real" people are enjoying it a hell of a lot more than critics (and internet fanboys :woot:)

Seems like in terms of story, it would have been a better as straight-to-DVD.

i liked this movie a lot dont go and bash it before you see it. go watch it and make up your own opinion about it!

It's what I've been saying. I was extremely skeptical about this one considering how much I didn't care for the first, and the whole secret agent plotline. But it's actually very entertaining. Better than the first, in fact.

i understand that some will like it.

i dont think anyone who didnt like the movie said that its a bad movie in general. i think after 15 years when you watch a pixar movie you rate it as a pixar movie. so i think a lot didnt like it as a pixar movie which is their right.

i am trying to say that its suppsoed to be a bad pixar movi.

Seems like in terms of story, it would have been a better as straight-to-DVD.

Had they not gotten a bunch of new cast member (Michael Caine, Turturro, etc) it seems like that would have been a better route like the Mater Adventures just went straight to DVD. Then again, this new film from what I've heard looks like The Mater Adventures 2. I can't stress enough how annoying that character is to me.

Had they not gotten a bunch of new cast member (Michael Caine, Turturro, etc) it seems like that would have been a better route like the Mater Adventures just went straight to DVD. Then again, this new film from what I've heard looks like The Mater Adventures 2. I can't stress enough how annoying that character is to me.

It's Larry The Cable Guy in car form, so of course it's going to be annoying.

It's a good movie but not Pixar quality. I think its better than first one just because its fun to watch. The first one was soo boring I couldn't stand it. It is unfortunate that the focus in this movie is Mater and not Lightning McQueen or really any other character. The visuals are amazing like always with Pixar and its just fun to watch. Brave does look good and I'm really excited to see The Lion King on the big screen again.

It's a good movie but not Pixar quality. I think its better than first one just because its fun to watch. The first one was soo boring I couldn't stand it. It is unfortunate that the focus in this movie is Mater and not Lightning McQueen or really any other character. The visuals are amazing like always with Pixar and its just fun to watch. Brave does look good and I'm really excited to see The Lion King on the big screen again.

For some reason Mater is the most popular Cars character, so I can see why they made him the central character in Cars 2. Kids love Mater.

Overall, I liked it a lot more than the first. The first, as said above, kinda bored me since there was nothing to latch onto. This film, despite what critics are saying, is the most human. Rather than a race car learning the lesson of humility, it's something I think all of us can relate to in some degree - accepting people, despite their faults. Or for those who are like Mater, to not let the world knock them down. Also it fits a genre I love: action movie spoofs! The Man Who Knew Too Little, Spy Hard (or any other movie with Leslie Nielson), Pink Panther, etc. It ups the ante.

8/10.

Last edited:
Caught it earlier, it feels like a summer blockbuster, that's the best way to put it. Didn't love it, but it had more than enough action. Honestly, the only way they squeaked by with a G rating is because all the **** was happening to cars, and some of it was pretty dark.

I gotta admit i chuckled at the "The Incredimobiles"

Yeah I thought that was good. I also noticed a restaurant's sign in Paris, it said something like Gustov's (or something like that from the Ratatouille movie). Did anyone else catch that? Were there any other nods to other movies I might have missed?

Favorite part had to be in the Cars Museum in the first part of the movie when McQueen brought home his newest trophy.:woot:

Watched it today. I liked the action sequences and the slick animation and the soundtrack and Finn McMissile was awesome. I just hated hated HATED Mater. What lazy, crappy humor.

mater is just annoying, really makes me not want to see the 2nd one based on the fact he's the main focus

i dont care about reviews. but to Pixar reviews ,oscars are very important. its true.

so i am shocked about the rating. its at 33% for the love of god. days i ago i thought it would be around 60 or 70 %. but 33? this is a a disaster for Pixar's name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"