The Avengers Cast The Avengers

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Question said:
Well, not many people with a huge build are very good actors. And Mortensen is pretty ripped. He's hardly scrawny.

WEll, if there is a midline between scrawny and Thor, he's more to the scrawny side IMO.

The Question said:
Personally, I'd have The Avengers act as a sequel to Thor, Captain America, Nick Fury, Iron Man, and The Hulk all at the same time. And, I'd base the plot on The Ultimates, simply because it lends itself to a screen adaptation so very well.

There should be influences from the Ultimates, but I'd like to see an original story. The Avengers should be made after Captain America, Thor, and Iron Man had sequels.

Spider - Man said:
WEll, if there is a midline between scrawny and Thor, he's more to the scrawny side IMO.

I'm not sure I agree. He's in damned good shape.

hippie_hunter said:
There should be influences from the Ultimates, but I'd like to see an original story. The Avengers should be made after Captain America, Thor, and Iron Man had sequels.

I don't think so. It would work better if The Avengers films served as sequels to all of them. Just works better. Especially for Thor and Iron Man. Their rogues gallaries don't lend for more than one solo film easily. Way I see it, have a solo film for Cap, Thor, Iron man, and Nick Fury. Then, do an Avengers movie. I'd base it quite heavily on the Ultimates, simply because it's an origin story that would lend itself well to apeasing the mass audiences, and brings the characters who haven't had solo films (Giant Man, Wasp, Hawkeye, and Black Widow) into the mix nicely. 'Course, I'd make a few changes to fir with the solo films a bit. And, I'd probably leave out Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch. Since they weren't introduced in the X-Men films, fitting them in would be rather dificult.

yeah, I don't really see the Thor in Mortensen AT... ALL. puzzles me that SO many people choose him. I mean, okay, he's a great actor and all, but he should also resemble the character a little. Mortensen, as good an actor as he is, looks nothing like Thor.

The Question said:
I'm not sure I agree. He's in damned good shape.

I didn't say he wasn't fit. I said he wasn't nearly big enough. Patrick Swayze is in good shape too but I don't think painting him green would have made him a good choice for The Hulk. Not trying to be smart, just saying to play Thor, he'd need to put on at least 25 lbs. of muscle. I mean look what Tom jane had to do just to play the Punisher. Thor is quite a bit larger than that!

And come to think of it, in spite of the fact that he played a 'kingly' character in LOTR, I think even muscled up, Viggo wouldn't look like Thor.

The Question said:
I don't think so. It would work better if The Avengers films served as sequels to all of them. Just works better. Especially for Thor and Iron Man. Their rogues gallaries don't lend for more than one solo film easily. Way I see it, have a solo film for Cap, Thor, Iron man, and Nick Fury. Then, do an Avengers movie. I'd base it quite heavily on the Ultimates, simply because it's an origin story that would lend itself well to apeasing the mass audiences, and brings the characters who haven't had solo films (Giant Man, Wasp, Hawkeye, and Black Widow) into the mix nicely. 'Course, I'd make a few changes to fir with the solo films a bit. And, I'd probably leave out Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch. Since they weren't introduced in the X-Men films, fitting them in would be rather dificult.

I'd like to see at least 2 Captain America films before he stars in the Avengers (one in World War II the other in todays age). Wasp will most likely star in Ant-Man if the Ant-Man in the movie is Hank Pym, they should make Ant-Man, Giant-Man in the Avengers movie. Hawkeye and Black Widow are already getting their own films. Spider-Man would be an audience grasper if he is in the movie. And the characters should not act like their Ultimate counterparts. No African-American Nick Fury, no mutant Wasp, no man eating sexual Hulk.

Spider - Man said:
I didn't say he wasn't fit. I said he wasn't nearly big enough. Patrick Swayze is in good shape too but I don't think painting him green would have made him a good choice for The Hulk. Not trying to be smart, just saying to play Thor, he'd need to put on at least 25 lbs. of muscle. I mean look what Tom jane had to do just to play the Punisher. Thor is quite a bit larger than that!

And come to think of it, in spite of the fact that he played a 'kingly' character in LOTR, I think even muscled up, Viggo wouldn't look like Thor.

Who would you like to play Thor? Fabio? Triple H? Some giant guy with long blonde hair who cant act? I'm very curious to know

Spider - Man said:

Thor isn't Hulk sized. And he doesn't need to be power lifter ripped to get across the idea that he's got alot of power. He's been drawn with smaller yet well toned builds before.

Spider - Man said:

I think so. Give him long blond hair and a beard, and he'd make a damn good Thor.

hippie_hunter said:
I'd like to see at least 2 Captain America films before he stars in the Avengers (one in World War II the other in todays age). Wasp will most likely star in Ant-Man if the Ant-Man in the movie is Hank Pym, they should make Ant-Man, Giant-Man in the Avengers movie. Hawkeye and Black Widow are already getting their own films. Spider-Man would be an audience grasper if he is in the movie. And the characters should not act like their Ultimate counterparts. No African-American Nick Fury, no mutant Wasp, no man eating sexual Hulk.

Well, first off, Cap was thawed out in the regular continuity in The Avengers. That's when his modern adventures started. It would make sense to have The Avengers act as a sequel to his film. Also, I don't think there should be Hawkeye or Antman films. Maybe Black Widow, but not Ant Man or Hawkeye. Have them apear in Avengers. And no Spider-Man. That's unnecesairy. Especially since he was never a member of the classic Avengers. And, of course, it wouldn't be exactly like the Ultimates. Amy Acker is hardly Asian, and I'd personally cast Bruce Willis as Nick Fury. As for The Hulk, I wouldn't have him be sexual. Hell, I wouldn't have him talk. Just screaming and snarling like a rabid animal. You'd get the idea that he's dangerous, but not malevolant.

is the Marvel U Wasp Asian or just Ultimate Wasp? I always thought it was just Ultimate.

Just Ultimate. And I think that while they say she's Asian, she's actually mixed race, since her backstory says she grew up in Germany, and her last name is Van Dyne.

cerealkiller182 said:
Who would you like to play Thor? Fabio? Triple H? Some giant guy with long blonde hair who cant act? I'm very curious to know

How about...some guy with long blonde hair with big muscles who CAN act? You're very myopic if you think the right look and acting ability are mutually exclusive. Open casting call. Find an unknown with the right qualities. It can be done. Why does everyone think that to find someone to play Thor you'd have to use some wrestler, because of their build (that would suck! Like the Rock for Namor!) or someone from LOTR (Carl Urban or Viggo) just because they played warriors in a fantasy movie (equally bad reason). There is someone out there with the look AND the talent to play Thor the way he should be played. That's my opinion. So I guess we just agree to disagree.

^^^^You are right. You can find a nobody, but i do not think that Viggo or Urban are bad choices. Almost nobody outside sports is the size you want anyway. Studios do not look for it in general, so aspiring actors do not get that big muscle wise, so finding a giant actor will be hard. Everyone wants to be like Brad Pitt. If Viggo and Urban put on some muscle i still think it will fit.

I like Tom Cruise for Stark and Viggo for Thor...

Thor = HHH from WWE????

cerealkiller182 said:
^^^^You are right. You can find a nobody, but i do not think that Viggo or Urban are bad choices. Almost nobody outside sports is the size you want anyway. Studios do not look for it in general, so aspiring actors do not get that big muscle wise, so finding a giant actor will be hard. Everyone wants to be like Brad Pitt. If Viggo and Urban put on some muscle i still think it will fit.

Exactly. Very few actors have that look, and even fewer good actors do. I'd say acting wise, Viggo is a perfect choice, and he looks quite Thor-ish when his hair's grown out and he has a beard. Have him put on a bit more muscle, and he's be fine. Besides, it's not like Thor's always drawn super bulky.

THOR082.jpg

THOR_83image_big.jpg

i'd have jason staham as jarvis
giant man mathew mccougnehey
wasp alicia milano
iron man an unknown
hawkeye jake ghylenhal/victor webster
tigra victoria pratt

3dman27 said:
i'd have jason staham as jarvis
giant man mathew mccougnehey
wasp alicia milano
iron man an unknown
hawkeye jake ghylenhal/victor webster
tigra victoria pratt

I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking it, but... WTF?

JackBauer said:
I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking it, but... WTF?
when i saw him in thetransporter 2 i noticed he looked a bit like jarvis

What about she-hulk(My favorite avenger, I know I'm wierd)? We can't forget Jennifer! I'll try to post a pic of my choice for her later

Nick Fury: Gary Sinise
sinise.jpg

Captain America: Jason Lewis
jlewis2gh.gif

Iron Man: Billy Crudup
billy_crudup_front.jpg

Thor: Karl Urban
eomer2dff626.jpg

Giant-Man: Aaron Eckhart
aaron_eckhart.jpg

Captain america= Heath ledger
Iron man= Karl urban
Thor = Viggo mortensen

THOR082.jpg

Thor: Verily, the Odinson doth beseech thee! Open yon Blockbuster, so that we may rent "Dodgeball"!

regalredstar said:
What about she-hulk(My favorite avenger, I know I'm wierd)? We can't forget Jennifer! I'll try to post a pic of my choice for her later
ere's a suggestion for both jenifer and she hulk
jen/ renee o'connor
she hulk/ lucy lawless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija