Cast the Marvel Universe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooh, nice cast, Optimus.

I'm on the fence about Michael Cera. I think in Youth in Revolt, he did step away from doing his twitchy, wisecracking shtick for a while. But my choice would be Jesse Eisenberg, who can deliver the same goods and be just as funny.

jesse_eisenberg-adventureland-2.jpg

Definitely getting a crush on Mary Elizabeth Winstead. I never knew she had such an amazing midsection. Brings tears to my eyes. :funny: And she would make a great Mary Jane Watson. Hey, they've got a 27 year old to play Peter Parker.

Until I get to the season of Chuck where Routh shows up, I can't see him as Cyclops just now. He's more fitting for everyday men.

I'm learning more and more comic book knowledge every day. I didn't know how this Rikki Barnes girl was until I saw Comic Book Vine. She's the Bucky Barnes counterpart on the Heroes Reborn earth. Anna Kendrick's quite a snappy talent, but is she too big to get the role since she became an Oscar nominee for Up in the Air?

Nice choice for Jubilee. I'll take Ms. Wong for consideration, since I'm planning on doing an X-Men 4 fancast with some characters recast.

I dig Brie Larson here. But I'm for Katrina Bowden, because she's the exact height and look, plus her character in 30 Rock is shrouded in mystery, so that's the right idea when approaching a character like Karolina Dean.

Katrina_Bowden.jpg

Peter Weller as Charles Xavier

ee8355c196749f0f40e04aa.jpg

Bryce Dallas Howard as Jean Gray

brycedallashoward134324.jpg

Rutger Hauer as Magneto

rutgerhauer.jpg

Josh Holloway as Sabertooth

1189600843joshholloway6.jpg

Nice cast, Eddie Dean. Except for Josh Holloway as Sabretooth. I see him more as Gambit. And he can complain all he wants, he was made for that role. It's the polar opposite of Sawyer in every way possible.

Bobby Gnucci - Peter Berg
17446cfe200d64ba6cd451ef1499173abe8f9774.jpg

(He Looks like the character and can speak like a mook.)

Changeling - Andy Samberg
85819.jpg

(Great comic actor who has the right height personality for Kevin.)

Doctor Octopus - Kevin Dunn

samantha-who-kevin-dunn51.jpg

(Take way Transformers, and you can see that he's an impressive character actor. He has the voice at least.)

Egghead - Wallace Shawn
040308WallaceShawn.jpg

(Toy Story 3 better get a win for Best Animated Film at whatever awards event is being held soon. Wallace can play bad guys, by the way. See his performance as Bertram, Stewie Griffin's brother, in the two Family Guy episodes he did.)

Hercules - Dominic Purcell
dominic-purcell-picture-1.jpg

(He looks like that shot of Hercules who has his arms crossed as well. And he'd look like a perfect choice for a period piece.)

Karen Page - Laura Allen
images

(She has a hell of a track record: Attended Wellesley College as a Sociology major and graduated in 1996. She worked with the NYPD as a domestic violence counselor before pursuing acting. Plus she played a role similar to Karen in The 4400.)

Namorita - Laura Vandervoort
CA+Sci+Fi+Channel+EW+Magazine+Comic+Con+Party+N0PTCcIPlh_l.jpg

(Much like Supergirl, Namorita is the sister of a famous superhero from another planet. And Laura looks the part.)

Otis Banner - Artie Lange
alg_artie_lange_hbo.jpg

("Look at you, you baby gorilla!" In the early runs of his tenure at the Howard Stern Show, Artie spoke like a Southern hillbilly. And I see that voice as the husky Banner.)

Rachel Van Helsing - Ali Larter
heroes-20070822001756992.jpg

(I know people want to see her as Ms. Marvel, but I have someone else in mind. Besides, Rachel is basically a walk in the park for Ali to play.)

Slapstick - Chris Kattan
MRP-00080040085.jpg

(Perfect height, hyperactive comedic performer. 'Nuff said!)

Last edited:
:huh: Seriously?

Well, maybe I overshot. But Kevin Dunn is a pretty solid character actor. I saw his somewhat shady character in Unstoppable, and I figured it would be groundworks to play Doc Ock. He has the voice at least. And besides, it could be the same as in Spider-Man 2 - CGI! My second choice would be Phillip Seymour Hoffman, a fan-favorite for the role.

I think you're confusing Doc Ock with Penguin. Doc Ock isn't a fat guy.

Billy Bob Rackham - Ned Beatty
NedBeatty.jpg

(His role in Toy Story 3 is the ideal vision of how Luke Cage's bigoted security guard nemesis should play out.)

Captain of Nextwave - Dane Cook

Dane-Cook.jpg

(If there's any role in the Marvel universe for Dane to play, it's the alcoholic, foul-mouthed leader of Nextwave.)

Emma Frost - Mary McCormack
Mary-McCormack.jpg

(She has a similar character she played on In Plain Sight. Cruelly underrated crime drama.)

Feron - Elijah Wood
ElijahWood_Vespa_628972_400.jpg

(He can do a British accent, is the same height, and would fit in the role.)

J. Jonah Jameson Sr. - Ed Asner
asner.jpg

(Guy played J. Jonah Jameson in the 90's Spider-Man animated series. It would be fitting to see him play the Sr. Jameson.)

Jamie Braddock - Russell Brand
russell-brand-photo.jpg

(Brilliant idea of whoever thought this. He has the look and the goofy bravura needed to play the unhinged, out-of-touch brother of Captain Britain.)

Korg - Kevin Grevioux
kg-pic.JPG

(The voice, brother! The voice!)

Monica Rambeau - KD Aubert
friday.jpg

(She basically has the characteristics: a deep South honey who stands at 5'10".)

Rogue - Vanessa Ferlito
Vanessa-vanessa-ferlito-10430643-300-400.jpg

(Would you rather put up with the shy Rogue from Singer's X-Men universe, or the take-no-BS Rogue that we all know? Let me know your answer.)

White Tiger (Hector Ayala) - Amaury Nosalco
amaury-nolasco.jpg

(A better-than-average vet of the Prison Break series. He can play intense.)

Last edited:
Ben Urich - Ron Livingston
livingston.jpg

(He meets the height criteria and is known for playing twitchy everymen in movies.)

Clay Quartermain - Alan Ritchson
jay.jpg

(Built like a brick ****-house, looks like a 60's retro hunk, and is the same height as Clay in the comics.)

Echo - Daniella Alonso
DANIELLA-ALONSO2.jpg

(A beautiful Latina actress who played roles similar to Echo in the past.)

Elsa Bloodstone - Rosie Huntington Whitley
rosie-huntington-whiteley-300px.jpg

(I still say she should've went the Rebecca Romijn route and played a superhero, not a civilian. Even if Elsa Bloodstone is more of the latter, at least she has the heritage and height to nail the role.)

Galactus - Michael Dorn
michael-dorn.jpg

(Give the guy a voice modulator, and watch as we get to see Galactus come to life on the big screen.)

Hobgoblin (Roderick Kingsley) - Robert Knepper
robert_knepper_1.jpg

(Robert Knepper would work in the Spider-Man movie universe. But I see him more as Roderick Kingsley. He has the look, the stance, and the voice.)

J. Jonah Jameson Jr. - Richard Dean Anderson
63810_detail_1.jpg

(His performance as Jack O'Neil in Stargate SG-1 is almost a spitting image of the blowhard Daily Bugle chieftain.)

Ms. Marvel - Laura Prepon
laura-prepon-picture-1.jpg

(I looked for someone tall, with big-enough boobs, and the look of an ass-kicker.)

Nahrees - Mila Kunis
Mila-Kunis-Portrait.jpg

(She can play annoying, stuck-up *****es.)

Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew) - Michelle Ryan
michelle%20ryan.jpg

(British, knowledge of martial arts, tall enough, and just ****ing beautiful!!!)

Last edited:
X-MEN (90s GOLD TEAM)

JEAN GREY - EMILY BLUNT

1571171236_eaef90afca.jpg

STORM - GUGU MBATHA-RAW

RawJAM0069_6004.jpg

ICEMAN - EMILE HIRSCH

3303630956_23623bbce1.jpg

ARCHANGEL - MACAULAY CULKIN

637eacac-1175-4e2e-a4a3-a039ccbac1fa.jpg

BISHOP - MORRIS CHESTNUT

93581.jpg

COLOSSUS - CORY MONTIETH

tumblr_l3q1snJHNw1qb9a95o1_400.jpg

I feel that Jared Leto would make an excellent Danny Rand Iron Fist
jared_leto_4.jpg

I always imagined Iron Fist to be a bit smaller than normal heroes.
Jared Leto is 5'10" (most heroes are above 6') and has a small frame but is ripped as hell. He's 40 astonishingly, but barely looks 20.

X-MEN (90s BLUE TEAM)

CYCLOPS - BRANDON ROUTH

10814802_gal.jpg

GAMBIT - BEN BARNES

normal_Ben_Barnes_002.jpg

ROGUE - JANET MONTGOMERY

human-target-20101116060907222.jpg

PSYLOCKE - DICHEN LACHMAN

dichen-lachman-22244.jpg

WOLVERINE - CHRISTIAN KANE

0000031066_20060925130704.jpg

BEAST - COLIN HANKS

colin-hanks-profile.jpg

@ OptimusPrime114

- Emily Blunt would make a good Jean Grey if Famke bows out.
- I honestly can't see Emile Hirsch as Iceman. I know he did that one comedy, The Girl Next Door, but I feel Bret Harrison is a better choice.

ICEMAN-BH.gif

- Neither can I see Macauley Culkin as Angel. My choice is Ryan Phillipe.

ANGEL-RP.gif

- Morris Chestnut would make an interesting Bishop. I don't know if height should be of concern, because I cast Michael Jai White as Luke Cage over on Comicbookmovie, and I caught hell because Luke is 6'6", as well as Bishop. But Morris has the look. so I can't really dump on you there. Hell, Erik King of Dexter fame is being fancasted as Blade and Bishop.
- Ben Barnes would make an interesting Gambit. He'll need Taylor Kitsch or Robert Knepper's dialect coach to nail that southern accent.
- You know, I may use your choice for Psylocke in a future fancast. Can Dichen fight?
- I'm with Eddie Dean. Colin Hanks is more Weasel than Beast. Try this chocie on for size:

BEAST-KS.gif

I feel that Jared Leto would make an excellent Danny Rand Iron Fist
jared_leto_4.jpg

I always imagined Iron Fist to be a bit smaller than normal heroes.
Jared Leto is 5'10" (most heroes are above 6') and has a small frame but is ripped as hell. He's 40 astonishingly, but barely looks 20.

Well, it could work. All he needs is martial arts lessons.

Well, it could work. All he needs is martial arts lessons.

Marvel, I've noticed that in nearly every one of your casting choices, you cite martial arts knowledge as a primary reason for a particular actor getting the role. While you may have a special interest in the martial arts, it's definitely not necessary in the actual casting process... these films have some of the best stunt coordinators, choreographers, and fight supervisors in the business. Just a friendly suggestion: try casting based on acting ability rather than fighting ability.

(I realize that the above quote may not be a great example of you casting on/ agreeing on a cast due to fighting ability, but it just brought it back to mind. In the past I have read suggestions like "well, he would make a great Cyclops because he knows martial arts!")

P.S. If imdb says they are martial arts trained, its most likely not true.

I hope that didn't come off as abrasive or anything dude... I was just letting you know in case you were unaware of the process. :yay:

Marvel, I've noticed that in nearly every one of your casting choices, you cite martial arts knowledge as a primary reason for a particular actor getting the role. While you may have a special interest in the martial arts, it's definitely not necessary in the actual casting process... these films have some of the best stunt coordinators, choreographers, and fight supervisors in the business. Just a friendly suggestion: try casting based on acting ability rather than fighting ability.

(I realize that the above quote may not be a great example of you casting on/ agreeing on a cast due to fighting ability, but it just brought it back to mind. In the past I have read suggestions like "well, he would make a great Cyclops because he knows martial arts!")

I hope that didn't come off as abrasive or anything dude... I was just letting you know in case you were unaware of the process. :yay:

I'm just spouting opinions, brother.

:up:

Hey, calm down folks. I wouldn't mind Jared Leto as Iron Fist. Hey, Michael C. Hall - as far as I'm aware of - doesn't know martial arts, yet I jumped on the bandwagon and went with him as Daredevil for my Marvel Knights fan cast. No need to get uppity.

Hey, OptimusPrime114, here's a challenge: Cast the Heroic Age Avengers, or a Moon Knight movie.

I would do a Moon Knight casting call, but you know I'm not gonna change my mind about who I have in mind for the lead role. But, Heroic Age Avengers....

MARIA HILL = MORENA BACCARIN

1.jpg

SPIDER-MAN = ANDREW GARFIELD

andrew_garfield_5592065.jpg

THOR = CHRIS HEMSWORTH

BBC-0202842.jpg

CAPTAIN AMERICA (BUCKY BARNES) = JAKE GYLLENHAAL

000_jakegyllenhaal_jarheadpr.jpg

IRON MAN = ROBERT DOWNEY, JR.

robertdowneyjr.jpg

PROTECTOR = STEVEN R. MCQUEEN

steven-r-mcqueen-and-the-vampire-diaries-profile.jpg

HAWKEYE = JEREMY RENNER

jeremy_renner--300x450.jpg

SPIDER-WOMAN (JESSICA DREW) = MICHELLE RYAN

nbc_party_66_wenn1464525.jpg

WOLVERINE = CHRISTIAN KANE

christiankane.jpg

RED HULK = STEPHEN LANG

Stephen%20Lang.jpg

Aww, great cast, OP114

Morena might be good as Maria Hill. She has the hair.

Not sure if I see Jake as Bucky Barnes. I think we should stick with Sebastian Stan. Unless Bucky aged a few years.

I don't know if they're gonna recast William Hurt just now. Stephen Lang would be great as Cable, since he's got a familiar build.

Rest of the cast = GOLD! You should've used recent shots of Andrew as Spider-Man and Chris as Thor.

Don't mind my opinions, just go ahead and cast Moon Knight. Maybe I'll get some inspiration. :word:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back