• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cast the new DCU

Honestly? I wouldn’t mind seeing there being some sort of practical component to Darkseid, just to dissuade the Thanos comparisons.
This is a fantastic idea that I’d never thought of.

As a potential antagonist well femme fatale love interest for Bruce/Batman...as Selina Kyle/Catwoman I would go with Daniela Melchior, Ana de Armas, Amanda Seyfried, Eiza Gonzalez or Natalie Dormer. Hopefully their tit for tat love story is similar to Bale/Hathaway in that regard.

As a potential antagonist well femme fatale love interest for Bruce/Batman...as Selina Kyle/Catwoman I would go with Daniela Melchior, Ana de Armas, Amanda Seyfried, Eiza Gonzalez or Natalie Dormer. Hopefully their tit for tat love story is similar to Bale/Hathaway in that regard.
But can Daniela Melchior be Catwoman? Gunn kept the cast of his "The Suicide Squad" and his plan is using the actores for both movies and TV, So how can Melchior be Selina Kyle and "Rat catcher 2"?

But can Daniela Melchior be Catwoman? Gunn kept the cast of his "The Suicide Squad" and his plan is using the actores for both movies and TV, So how can Melchior be Selina Kyle and "Rat catcher 2"?
Didn't think about that but she was only one of my choices

Gunn has kept some of the TSS cast, but he’s also recast Fillion and Sean Gunn in new roles.

Granted, the roles they had in that film were also a lot smaller than Ratcatcher…

Trying to think who could pull being both Jack Palance and Vincent Price in order to be Darkseid and I think there's only one choice...

View attachment 91396
Nicolas Cage of all people joining the DCU and he ends up as Darkseid...that is just the last thing I would remotely expect

Honestly? I wouldn’t mind seeing there being some sort of practical component to Darkseid, just to dissuade the Thanos comparisons.
I wouldn’t mind actually having Darkseid be portrayed as Darkseid is written in the comics and have him actually be in the Fourth World as he should be, instead of being shoehorned into a JL villain.

Be true to the character. That would differentiate him from Thanos.

I wouldn’t mind actually having Darkseid be portrayed as Darkseid is written in the comics and have him actually be in the Fourth World as he should be, instead of being shoehorned into a JL villain.

Be true to the character. That would differentiate him from Thanos.
That’s all fine and well, but my point still stands. I’d love to see Darkseid done (at least in part) with prosthetics rather than 100 percent mocap.

I think I'm past wanting prosthetics for certain characters. CGI has just gotten to the point where it's not distracting if its done well. Thanos, Gollum, the apes, hulk, groot and rocket are all full blown characters that are faithful in design and are convincing enough that we accept them without constantly thinking we're watching CGI. I think prosthetics to a degree can be more distracting than a well done CGI creation imo. And it's easier in most cases to do a full CG creation than blend prosthetics and CGI.

I want Christopher Judge in full Mocap (which at this point he's absolutely no stranger to) as Darkseid.

That’s all fine and well, but my point still stands. I’d love to see Darkseid done (at least in part) with prosthetics rather than 100 percent mocap.
I’m up for a mostly prosthetic Darkseid in a Fourth World film.
I just don’t agree with him being “the DC Thanos.”

Said it a while back in some thread but if they wanna go Darkseid, do Mr. Miracle. Not as a JL villain. Not first at least.
Just make him and Barda refugees from Apokalips and he unknowingly has a piece of the Anti-Life Equation as they escape to Earth. Makes more sense than he forgot in the DCEU. :o

Said it a while back in some thread but if they wanna go Darkseid, do Mr. Miracle. Not as a JL villain. Not first at least.
That's what I've been saying!

Give me King's Mister Miracle.

Give me Walt Simonson's Orion.

Those are much better uses for Darkseid than as a go-to JL villain imo.

The only reason why I maybe wouldn’t want King’s Mister Miracle is because he had the Forever People either dead or sentenced to live life out chained in the bottom of a pit that people on Apocalypse used as a toilet.

Give me Kirby’s Fourth World.

I enjoy King’s Mister Miracle, but I wouldn’t expect them to start things off with that kind of a story.

The only Darkseid I have the slightest interest in is the nightmarish, almost abstract horror Morrison and King portray him as.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"