• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cast the new DCU

speaking of Furiosa...

would Tom Burke be too unconventional of a pick for Bruce?
View attachment 91662
I just read on IMDB (because I have neither time nor the inclination to see the film yet) that young Immortan Joe was played by Lachy Hulme as well. He was a popular suggestion for Joker around these parts in the olden days. :funny:

I met Canadian/Saudi Arabian actress Alex Essoe (Doctor Sleep, Starry Eyes, Midnight Mass, The Haunting of Bly Manor etc) over the weekend and spent a good amount of time with her and watching her interact with fans...and boy...she is so genuine, and CARED so much for every person who walked up to her...and she's 5'9", so she has some height before you even lift her with boots...and I really came away wishing she could be Wonder Woman (or really anyone in the DCU). I work with celebrities on a semi-regular basis, and she is just the most charming person ever.

The only Darkseid I have the slightest interest in is the nightmarish, almost abstract horror Morrison and King portray him as.
I find Morrison’s Darkseid to be too one dimensional. I prefer Apocalypse to be portrayed as more of a fascist state and less as a Hell.
But I’m a Kirby mark, so there’s that.

But I do think that King strikes a great balance between Kirby and Morison. But I also agree with @Sawyer that I don’t see DC doing a straight up adaptation of King’s Mister Miracle, given the subject matter. It’s an insanely dense and layered book that has a lot of mature themes.

I had the same thought, but she is very Gal Gadot. Which I guess would work since Corensweet is very Henry Cavill.
As long as she's a better actress and a good human being I'm fine with it. It's not like Gal's look was ever a problem (if anything I'd say it was the only thing she had going for her)

sydney-australia-charlee-fraser-attends-the-australian-premiere-of-furiosa-a-mad-max-saga-on.jpg

new-york-new-york-charlee-fraser-attends-columbia-pictures-anyone-but-you-new-york-premiere-at.jpg
new-york-new-york-charlee-fraser-attends-columbia-pictures-anyone-but-you-new-york-premiere-at.jpg

sydney-australia-charlee-fraser-attends-the-mo%C3%ABt-chandon-effervescence-event-at-bennelong-lawn.jpg

Superman - David Corenswet
Batman - Tom Burke
Wonder Woman - Charlee Fraser

* Throwing 2 more names into the :ww: Pool *

the first one today is Rachel Cook. Born in Seatle on January 8th, 1995. She's 5'9. With almost 300k Subscribers Google see her as a youtuber. She did her first Acting Job on 2021 in a TV series called "The Hack Job".
Rachel Cook 1.jpgRachel Cook 2.jpg

The Second one is - Sea Shimooka. Born in February 6th 1995 in San Francisco. She's 5'9. I first run into her on "3 Body Problem", But some of you might know her from CW's "Arrow" as Oliver Queen's Daughter - Emiko Queen. Fun fuct about her - She's half Asian.
Sea Shimooka 1.jpgSea Shimooka 2.jpgSea Shimooka 3.jpg

Good Night.

She looks too much like Gadot.
Yeah, I don't think it's a good idea to hire a Gal Gadot-type for Diana when you already have a Superman actor who shares some physical similarities with Cavill, especially if your intention is to move forward w/o all the baggage of the DCEU. I'm sure that Charlee's a better actress than Gadot (because, frankly, who isn't? lol), but "them's the breaks."

I don't think Gunn is all that concerned about looking like the DCEU cast. Cavill and Gadot both just kinda look like the characters on the page so any other actor who does as well is gonna bear some resemblance to them.

I don't think Gunn is all that concerned about looking like the DCEU cast. Cavill and Gadot both just kinda look like the characters on the page so any other actor who does as well is gonna bear some resemblance to them.
Yeah I think the fact that 2 of his finalists for Superman were compared to Cavill kinda seals the deal he really doesn't give an absolute **** lol The only takeaway from that is not "But then he'd be concerned about getting an actress too similar in appearance to Gal :( " nah the only takeaway you can get from it is he wouldn't care.

I'm not really speaking to what Gunn cares about, but rather about what's best from a marketing standpoint. I don't think Gadot looks much like WW in the comics either, but maybe that's just me.

Can we get Lachy Hulme as Martian Manhunter filling in for Hugo Kyes Byrne again?

Any Deathstroke fancasts out here? Quite frankly I hope they cast someone on the older age range. I hated Manganiello's casting partly because he was too young. I think someone that looks older and can give a sort of creep vibe would be good.
Wanna know something funny? Manganiello's casting felt ridiculous for a Serious Batman Movie's big bad but I really wanted to see him in Peacemaker or some other Gunn project. He feels bang on for that particular vibe. Obviously less so for like a Titans thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"