Chef Max's Lunch de jour

Maxwell Smart

Superhero
Reaction score
I threw together a nice little lunch. I grilled fresh vegetables on my George Forman; sliced tomatos and green beans. My main course was Honey Orange Chicken. I took a large, boneless, skinless chicken breast and cut it in half. Then I put in a bowl with some freshly squeezed orange juice and patted the chicken pieces down with a little Italian seasoning on both sides. I let it 'marinate' like that for about half an hour while I made a sauce. I mixed a lot of honey, just a couple spoons of mayo, Eagle brand milk and fresh orange juice.

The ingredients sound a bit strange but trust me this sauce is GREAT on any fried meat. They serve it on fried shrimp with walnuts in a lot of Chinese places, they call it Honey Walnut Shrimp(usually lemon is used instead of orange though- I changed it up for this dish). Then after the chicken had sat for some time and the sauce was ready I put some flour in a bowl and mixed in pepper and Italian seasoning for flavor.

I put a couple of eggs in another bowl and whisked them to make an egg bath. I heated up some EVOO(extra virgin olive oil) in a pan on the stovetop while I dipped the chicken pieces first into the egg bath, than covered them with flour, back in the egg bath and then a second coat of flour. I then fried the chicken in the pan. It took close to 30 minutes. The last 10 minutes or so I covered the chicken with a lid from a pot. Remember when you fry chicken basically you have to get the center of the chicken to a certain temperature without burning the batter. So if you try this keep the meat moving, don't let it sit too long. You don't always have to flip it, just tossing it around a bit in the pan will work fine.

Anyhow when it was done being fried I took it out, plated it and hit it with a little salt(when its hot like that it will absorb the flavor of the salt very easily). I then placed the smaller piece of chicken so that it was propped up against the larger piece(for presentation). I covered both pieces with the sauce and then garnished them with orange slices on top.

Sorry if this was a bit long.

Cliffs: Marinate chicken in freshly-squeezed orange juice and Italian seasoning, make sauce out of honey, Eagle brand milk, mayo and orange juice, Put flour in a bowl and mix in pepper & Italian seasoning, whisk two eggs in another bowl, heat EVOO in a pan, dip chicken pieces in egg bath then the flour and repeat once, fry the chicken, cover with the sauce and garnish with orange slices

I was really proud of my lunch and thought it tasted great so I'm sharing the 'recipe'. Next time I cook something neat like this I'll reply to this thread again with how I did it. I'm an aspiring chef(going to cooking school starting in the fall) and this way I can share my work with someone and maybe teach people how to make a few things they'll like. :woot:

Last night, I put some rice in the rice cooker.

Cooked up some frozen vegetables and fried some eggs seperately.

Fried up some freshly cut onions, added then rice, then garlic powder and soy sauce.

Then I took the leftover steak from Outback, cut it up and added it, along with the vegetables and eggs and viola, steak fried rice. :up:

Erzengel said:
ast night, I put some rice in the rice cooker.

Cooked up some frozen vegetables and fried some eggs seperately.

Fried up some freshly cut onions, added then rice, then garlic powder and soy sauce.

Then I took the leftover steak from Outback, cut it up and added it, along with the vegetables and eggs and viola, steak fried rice.

Thats pretty cool. :D

Honestly I need a wok. This dish would have been better cooked that way, IMO.

I can make a mean box of mac & cheese.

If that's Easy Mac, that doesn't f'ing count.

If that's Easy Mac, that doesn't f'ing count.
Not Easy Mac, just plain old Kraft.:o :cmad:

But for serious, I can make plenty of stuff. Shepherd's Pie, Fried Rice, brownies, etc etc.

Hah! :cmad:

I made Shepherds Pie for my gf for Valentine's Day. It took me 2 f'ing hours. I'm only making it again if I have a hankering for it, or I'm guaranteed sex. :cmad:

I can make it in in 30 minutes. :huh: :cmad:

30 minutes? Is this from scratch?

I make fresh mash potatoes. :o

Use instant next time, don't let the woman know, and let her marvel at your amazing skill and super speedy-ness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"