Chris Cornell

elgaz

Sidekick
Reaction score
Anyone else a fan?

Chris-Cornell-The-Keeper-Lyrics.jpg

I've listened to just about everything he's ever done - Soundgarden, Audioslave, solo stuff, etc. Love his music, his voice and his style of singing. As a guitarist, I've been very inspired by a lot of his music. The only thing I couldn't get into 2009's 'Scream' album which was quite experimental for him and moved away from the genres he really excelled in - but I still respect him as a musician for not being afraid to try something new, even if it didn't quite work out.

Billboard.com have 4 complete songs from his new Songbook album available to listen to here :

http://www.billboard.com/news/exclu...s-cornell-songbook-ep2-first-1005516362.story

A few critics gave him a hard time last year about his voice not being what it used to be. I think they're just plain wrong - listen to "Call me a Dog" at 3:30 in for proof of that...!

One of my favorite metal/rock vocalists. I will say your example is a bit off, but only because of the age of that song. It is over 20 years old.

I didn't mean the original ......... there's a new 'songbook' version of the song at the link in my first post.

huge fan. Was at the first soundgarden show of their tour this past summer in Toronto. Just amazing. Can't stop listening to songbook either. Along with the new SG record, there's going to be another acoustic album next year as well! with more covers apparently

I'm a big fan of Cornell. Always have been, always will be. Soundgarden was terrific and Audioslave was just plain badass. His solo stuff has been pretty rockin' too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"