CHRIS Hemsworth is still hammering away at Thor glory.

Gamma Burst

Superhero
Reaction score
Australian actor Chris Hemsworth up for BAFTA Award

The Aussie actor, whose action film was a massive box office success worldwide, is up for the British Film And Television Academy's rising star award, the entertainment news website Variety reports.

Also on the longlist for the award are Tom Hiddleston, Felicity Jones, Eddie Redmayne, Adam Deacon, Jessica Chastain, Jennifer Lawrence and Chris O'Dowd.

These eight will be whittled down to five on January 17. The winner, who will then be voted by the public, will be announced at the BAFTA ceremony on February 12.

In the past, the gong has gone to the contender who appears in the year's highest grossing film, thus putting Hemsworth among the favourites.

UK actors Simon Pegg and Sienna Miller were among with jury who put together the longlist.

Since taking on the title role in Thor, Hemsworth has packed on more than 9kg of muscle to become the rippled Norse god of thunder - and the new body requires constant protein to maintain it.

Hemsworth played the hammer-wielding Norse god Thor in the superhero movie from Marvel directed by Kenneth Branagh.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/enterta...rit-academy-gong/story-fn4sol8z-1226208138134

Cool news!

^^^

That is AWESOME!!! I freakin LOVED Thor! I went from never caring for him, to him being my second fav behind Sups, there is just so much depth to his world! Can't believe I ignored Thor for all these years :O

Welcome aboard, EtherMagic. As a long time fan of the character, it's great to see the movie attracting new fans.:)

Welcome aboard, EtherMagic. As a long time fan of the character, it's great to see the movie attracting new fans.:)

I actually seen it twice at the theater, thats how much I loved this movie. I have not seen a movie twice since Terminator 2 back in 1991!!!

Whats funny, is I was telling my older brother (35) about how good the movie was, and all he kept doing was making fun of it. I invited him along with me to go see it, so he came.

The very first thing he told me when it was over was "Your right, that movie was Excellent!". Actually, just today in a text message he brought up Thor to me, I think he may be a bigger fan then me now! lol

My fiance loved the movie so much, that she went with me the second time to see it as-well (which I was shocked about!). When the Blue-Ray came out, me, my brother, and my fiance all Pre-ordered a copy.

Here's the messed up thing... The second time we went to go see Thor, which I believe was only the second week it was in Theaters, the listing showed a 7:30pm showing, but when we got to the theater, they canceled Thor for another movie (I beilieve it was Pirates), and only had the 10pm listing and were only showing Thor in one theater.

I'm not kidding when I say at-least 30 people walked out of that place. I stayed there along with my family and a few others to complain to management. They ended up giving everyone who complained Free tickets for whatever movie they wanted to see.

We ended up going back for the 10pm showing. But it makes me wonder how many other theaters shut down Thor to early in replace of this other movie, it could have made a lot more money. :(

Nice story!
And, well, the crowded summer has to make some victims, hehehe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"