The Dark Knight Christian Bale's Nipple suit.

gqxsensazn

Civilian
Reaction score
According to the trivia section of The Dark Knight on IMDB

As a joke, one bat suit was made with nipples. It was presented to Christian Bale as the real bat suit, but he knew instantly it was a joke, having seen a few design pictures during preproduction. He did pose for some publicity photos in the "nipple" suit.

Is anyone kind of curious what the suit looked like? I'd want to see those publicity photos.

i think the batsuit and indeed the actor should be more musclebound. its what gives the comics that gritty edge over the films! that puny look......keaton/cloony/kilmer just is not the batman!!! bale is a big lad but just a bit small still in my opinion. i feel like there is still a batsuit missing that would ideally be a hybrid of batman (keaton) and begins (bale)!!!!

I read that when Bale auditioned for Begins, that had him wear the Panther suit from Batman Forever, Id love to see what he looked like in that.

What did they have him audit in the Panther suit if that true? Not to mention I wonder how it fit on him since he isn't the same size & such like Val Kilmer. I did heard Clooney audit in the Panther suit as well when he was interview one time about testing in the suit for Batman & Robin.

That "trivia" wreaks of a fanboy fantasy.

Let´s see...

nipples2wr0.jpg

What did they have him audit in the Panther suit if that true? Not to mention I wonder how it fit on him since he isn't the same size & such like Val Kilmer. I did heard Clooney audit in the Panther suit as well when he was interview one time about testing in the suit for Batman & Robin.

Well, if there are two Batman actors with similar sizes they must be Kilmer and Bale, they are both about 6´0 / 6´1. Also, when Kilmer did BF he had an athletic build, he wasn't a muscle machine but seemed very athletic..kinda similar to Bale in TDK (he was bigger in Begins) so I don´t see the situation of Bale fitting a Kilmer suit being that far fetched.

Bale probably couldnt have fit into Kilmer's Batsuit. When he auditioned for Begins, he was overweight from bulking up. The Begins DVD has a feature where Bale says a crew member refered to him as "fatman"

appreciate the effort, but that's a repainted begins suit and not bale

I guess we can see the parts that attach the cape from the Begins suit. It's nicely done though.

Last edited:
Wait.....What :dry:

What was the need for them to manip it like that

Yeah, I thought it was real at first because I thought why would they manip the Begins suit. ?????

But, uc73 says it's a manip. I guess we have to stick to his word.

Yeah, I thought it was real at first because I thought why would they manip the Begins suit. ?????

But, uc73 says it's a manip. I guess we have to stick to his word.
the easiest tell is the symbol on the chest. the panther suit has the oval around the bat...and nipples

the easiest tell is the symbol on the chest. the panther suit has the oval around the bat...and nipples

I went to check, and you're right. It's not Kilmer's suit as seen below.

batstumeor3.jpg

Last edited:
Bale probably couldnt have fit into Kilmer's Batsuit. When he auditioned for Begins, he was overweight from bulking up. The Begins DVD has a feature where Bale says a crew member refered to him as "fatman"

You are right, I forgot that detail...now, Bale in TDK I can see fitting a Kilmer suit, but there's no use for him doing a costume fitting in a Kilmer suit by the time of TDK pre-production I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"