Christopher Nolan’s Oppenheimer

Yeah, but if thats true i hope its fast paced.
I mean, it's all going to be about Oppenheimer's life and the build-up to the Trinity test so I don't think a fast pace would benefit this movie in the slightest. If it does end up being this long, it's going to take its time to get there and then the fallout of it all.

I could've sworn that Nolan already made a 3 hour movie with Interstellar but looking it up that was 2 hours, 49 minutes. Close enough, I suppose.

3 hours? I' sure it'll be gripping. But I just wanna se the big Kaboom.

I mean, it's all going to be about Oppenheimer's life and the build-up to the Trinity test so I don't think a fast pace would benefit this movie in the slightest. If it does end up being this long, it's going to take its time to get there and then the fallout of it all.
Yeah, it needs to take its time. There are a ton of great little stranger than fiction stories about the Manhattan Project that would really flesh out the story. For instance, shortly before the Trinity test out of paranoia and hysteria a bunch of the scientists started thinking there was a spy plane observing them and demanded it be shot down... It was just the Planet Venus.

On the night of the Trinity test, the team at the base camp while they were waiting out the thunderstorm that might detail the whole test, started hearing the strangest noise outside the messhall and there were hundreds of frogs making love in a giant puddle from the storm. :funny:

Last edited:
Okay, I did not know about that last one, but that is hilarious as all hell. :funny:

On the night of the Trinity test, the team at the base camp while they were waiting out the thunderstorm that might detail the whole test, started hearing the strangest noise outside the messhall and there were hundreds of frogs making love in a giant puddle from the storm. :funny:

*That* needs to be seen on an IMAX screen.

I saw that trailer when I was in the theater yesterday and I never saw it before, it's got more Matt Damon and RDJ. Couldn't find an official source for it but it's on twitter for some reason.

Well it's cool to finally see the Imax trailer in great quality! So damn cool. Also, I finally noticed Josh Hartnett in there haha.

I've seen a lot of talk lately that this film and Mission Impossible opening only a week apart is a bad idea, largely due to Imax. I do think that theatre owners, Paramount and Tom Cruise would like more than one week of Imax for MI, seeing what a monster Top Gun: Maverick was in Imax (over $100 million worldwide.)
What do you guys think?

was that old man with the moustache Albert Einstein?

Wish this would be at Cannes. Maybe his next film i hope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"