Christopher Nolan's next movie

:eek:

Superhero
Reaction score

I'm cautiously hoping for horror, preferably a nice ghost story. My worry is that he'd produce something like Hereditary, which bored me silly (despite a great cast).

I'm cautiously hoping for horror, preferably a nice ghost story. My worry is that he'd produce something like Hereditary, which bored me silly (despite a great cast).
Hereditary is probably the best modern horror movie, a complete masterpiece, so that would only be positive for me, but I seriously doubt anything like this would fit his style.

A horror film is my #1 choice for Nolans next film, but I guess we'll see.

giphy.gif

Nolan doing horror sounds nice, but the idea of him taking a crack at The Prisoner has been out there for so long I’d really like to see it.

I hope it's option 2:

I know he’s a hot commodity thanks to his track record, but surely he must know horror movies are made on the cheap? He’s said he’s not making low to mid budget studio films anymore.

I would love to see Nolan actually do a horror film on an actual horror budget. He’d still get final cut, shoot on film stock and his usual cut of the profits, but he and his actors would have to work for scale and do without certain perks. I can’t see them doing that.

If it’s horror, I hope it’s horror/sci-fi, sorta like Nope. I’ll just put my cards on the table and say that I would love Nolan to tackle aliens, lol. Public interest in UAPs has never been more mainstream, the US government has essentially admitted that there’s something there (look up the Schumer Amendment). The time is more ripe than ever to handle something like that with the type of science-driven, quasi-realism that he’s known for. If Oppenheimer was complimentary to Dunkirk (in that they collectively deal with the beginning and end of WW2), I’m interested to see the film that would be Interstellar’s counterpart in a similar sort of way, while still being entirely its own thing.

I think Nolan tackling that kind of subject matter, especially right now, could be extremely prescient and powerful. Of course, I’d be just as down for Talladega Nights 2 or a MacGruber reboot too. :oldrazz:

Last edited:
Bloody hell! I'm hoping the bald man can finally embrace his feminine side and give us a female lead! I feel like he can embrace his sexy side as well, like Hitch and Kubrick did later on in their careers. Eyes Wide Shut is one hell of a horror flick. I also believe he can give us a great noir/detective flick with a mixture of Vertigo in there somewhere.

I don't overtly care what he decides to do. I am sure whatever he ends up doing will be great

Literally the only time he’s used the same lead actor multiple times is when he was doing The Dark Knight Trilogy. Not to say he couldn’t do it again with Murphy, given how Oppenheimer panned out, but it hardly seems like a given.

Literally the only time he’s used the same lead actor multiple times is when he was doing The Dark Knight Trilogy. Not to say he couldn’t do it again with Murphy, given how Oppenheimer panned out, but it hardly seems like a given.

I believe Murphy is the actor who's collaborated with Nolan the most after Michael Caine but that's not a guarantee that he'll even be in Nolan's next movie, let alone the lead. After all, he wasn't in Interstellar or Tenet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"