The Dark Knight Rises Christopher Nolan's Casio EV-4500 Portable LCD 4-Inch TV and the IMAX camera on TDKR

:funny:

dreamliner: Beautiful, isn't it?
Lucius Fox: Beautiful. Unethical. Dangerous. You've turned every portable UHF/VHF TV in New York City into a real time signal preview.
dreamliner: And a high-frequency generator-receiver.
Lucius Fox: You took my UHF/VHF antenna concept and applied it to every UHF/VHF TV in the city. With half the city feeding you real time signals, you can image all of The Dark Knight Rises. This is wrong.
dreamliner: I've gotta watch this movie, Lucius.
Lucius Fox: At what cost?
dreamliner: The database is null-key encrypted. It can only be accessed by one person.
Lucius Fox: This is too much power for one person.
dreamliner: That's why I gave it to you. Only you can use it.
Lucius Fox: Spying on a $300 million movie isn't part of my job description.

Ha ha ha! Nicely done!

Lucius Fox: Beautiful. Unethical. Dangerous. You've turned every portable UHF/VHF TV in New York City into a real time signal preview.
Lucius Fox: You took my UHF/VHF antenna concept and applied it to every UHF/VHF TV in the city. With half the city feeding you real time signals, you can image all of The Dark Knight Rises. This is wrong.
dreamliner: The database is null-key encrypted. It can only be accessed by one person.

This is the reason I finally stopped lurking and decided to post. I laughed so hard last week when I read this post. :awesome:

I don't suppose anyone knows whether or not such a setup is possible on a Canon DSLR 60D? I'd love a portable monitor for previewing shots..but I know nothing about setting up a VHF/UHF transmitter/ antenna.

I'm curious about this too. It seems like a pretty nifty way of escaping the dreaded Video Village. No cloud of people crowding the monitors and the director isn't sitting on his ass, but up on his feet being more active. I like all of that.

Why hate on it if it's good enough for Nolan? Why do you need a fancy dancy monitor when a low image preview is good enough? He knows the IMAX cameras are shooting a perfect high-res image. All the monitor needs to do is ensure the framing is correct for what he sees? So why not spend that extra 3K back on the budget? That's the cost of the bullets / time for another take in a gun shootout or something.

The man knows where to skimp and where not to. IE: A good producer on top of being an incredible storyteller.

And an additional note: We all know Nolan is a creature of repetitive habit. The vests, ordering the same lunch at that diner, etc.

- Jow

I don't suppose anyone knows whether or not such a setup is possible on a Canon DSLR 60D? I'd love a portable monitor for previewing shots..but I know nothing about setting up a VHF/UHF transmitter/ antenna.

Yes, you can do it Nolan's way with a Pocket TV and all that UHF antenna/transmitter equipment or with a wired or wireless portable monitor. 60D has HDMI mini video out so it's ok.

FsuJz.jpg
ZSzyF.jpg

Google DSLR wireless portable monitor

Yes, you can do it Nolan's way with a Pocket TV and all that UHF antenna/transmitter equipment or with a wired or wireless portable monitor. 60D has HDMI mini video out so it's ok.

FsuJz.jpg
ZSzyF.jpg

Google DSLR wireless portable monitor

Awesome!

Now to get a DSLR...

Hilarity.. and again glad lurkers are joining.

:pal::applaud:bow:

That was brilliantly written good sir!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"