Clancy's Jack Ryan To Return?

Franco is average and a touch wooden IMO nowhere near Gosling's level.

Fernando Meirelles was rumored....then Raimi came aboard.

Franco could work but he needs to work on things. His voice sounds immature, theres like a slight slur, its hard to describe but kinda bothers me. He was pretty good in Spiderman movies except in 3 after he got knocked on the noggin and got uber simple and innocent like. It was kinda creepy, like a teletubby brought to life.

Of course I have more confidence in Franco as Ryan than Raimi as director.

I don't know if any of you have seen the James Dean biopic that Franco did a few years back, but if you do, I think you'll find it hard to criticize his acting abilities.

Well, I believe it'll be a prequel, so the story may be an original.

Egh. I'd say you can't go wrong when a Clancy book is your source material, but The Sum of All Fears already proved me wrong. Personally, I do not want to see a "prequel" to TSOAF, because TSOAF was itself a failed "reboot" of the JR series. The next movie needs to be a return to form for the series, escewing political correctness for political accuracy, as Clancy's books did, and offering high-octain but believable action scenes like Patriot Games and Clear and Present Danger did.

And most importantly, I do not want the featherweight n00b Jack Ryan that was in TSOAF. I want a more seasoned agent like from the Harrison Ford films, because IMO the series hit it's peak with CAPD. I my mind, I almost like to pretend that Air Force One was the third Harrison Ford JR movie that I always wanted but never got (for those unfamiliar with the books, Ryan eventually became President of the United States). Jack Ryan is supposed to be James Bond's American counterpart, so I don't want some big baby like Ben Affleck playing him again. I want someone who looks mature, in their 30's playing him. Of course with Hollywood, they're probably going to screw that and cast some 20 something who will bring in teenage girls and not get wrinkles before they make the third movie. Darnit, I wish someone at Paramount had the balls to do this movie right...

Someone clear this up for me. But wasn't Sum Of All Fears suppose to be a prequel, I mean it is, but in terms of "time continuity" it took place in 2003 and not in like the 70s like it was rumored.

Anyway, I can remember reading they shot it in like the 70s with Affleck so it would follow the other movies, and there was even a picture of Affleck on a motorcyle in a brown leather jacket. Anyone else remember this??

I love the Jack Ryan films, but "SOAF" didn't set well with me because of the time they used, when they could have easily switched a few things around and had Harrison in the role.

Back on topic. If there is a new movie, I'd much rather see Ford in the role, he really is Ryan IMO

Sum Of All Fears was just an adaptation of the novel. I dont think any of the Ryan movies have much continuity except the 2 that star Harrison Ford

Sum Of All Fears was just an adaptation of the novel. I dont think any of the Ryan movies have much continuity except the 2 that star Harrison Ford

I know that, I'm just saying..Why wouldn't they at least attempt to make it in continuity....At least with Hunt, Patriot, Clear, they somewhat tried to follow it. Get what I'm saying?:huh:

Because Paramount wanted a "reboot," similar to how Bond got rebooted but with Jack Ryan they botched it up, and very badly. I want to see them go back to a mid-career Ryan like we had in the Harrison Ford films. He should be a fairly seasoned agent, because I think that that version of JR is way cooler. Just ignore SOAF and jump forward again. If people are really dumb they can just assume that the next film is a sequel to SOAF, although in my ideal world it would be more of a return to how things were pre-SOAF.

BTW, who would you cast as as a mid-career Jack Ryan in this day and age?

Because Paramount wanted a "reboot," similar to how Bond got rebooted but with Jack Ryan they botched it up, and very badly. I want to see them go back to a mid-career Ryan like we had in the Harrison Ford films. He should be a fairly seasoned agent, because I think that that version of JR is way cooler. Just ignore SOAF and jump forward again. If people are really dumb they can just assume that the next film is a sequel to SOAF, although in my ideal world it would be more of a return to how things were pre-SOAF.

BTW, who would you cast as as a mid-career Jack Ryan in this day and age?

I agree man, the only sequel in this entire series was Clear and Present Danger to Patriot Games. Both GREAT films.

Aside from Ford, who would I cast? That's a tough one, who can pull off Ryans smarts without looking like they are actually trying to think. Or pull off the charm that Ford had.

Well, I would've preferred Damon over Affleck. But as for a cast now.

I use to want Gerard Butler, but I've cancelled that out. So I'm kinda leaning towards Billy Crudup. I think he could pull Ryan off. And i believe he's close to his 40s, so that would put him in that appropriate age range.:huh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"