Cliffhanger Reboot

Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.variety.com/index.asp?layout=festivals&jump=story&id=1061&articleid=VR1118003577&cs=1

StudioCanal remounts 'Cliff'
Studio teams with Original Film for reboot

Storming into Cannes with an ever-more muscular international slate and standout financial results, Gallic mini-major StudioCanal has announced that it will be teaming with Neal Moritz's L.A.-based Original Films to reboot "Cliffhanger."

A big-budget international action-adventure thriller set in a big mountain milieu, the makeover of Renny Harlin's 1993 pic will center on a group of young climbers.

"Just as they rebooted 'Star Trek,' we're going to do the same with 'Cliffhanger,' " said Moritz, who will produce. Unlike the original, where Italy stood in for the Colorado Rockies, the new redo looks set to feature multiple cliff-face locations.

Moritz ("Fast & Furious") and StudioCanal are looking to attach a screenwriter.

Aiming for a 2010 shoot, the makeover forms one of "a half-dozen or so projects" linking StudioCanal and Moritz, said StudioCanal chairman Olivier Courson.

Owned by Vivendi paybox Canal Plus, StudioCanal will fully finance "Cliffhanger."

I swear, I need to read NEW ORIGINAL SCRIPT in a thread title soon :hehe:

Oww....my head hurts from reading this. Just come up with something semi original / rip off of Cliffhanger and give it a new name. Is that really so hard to do?

And I thought Drop Dead Fred was the most random reboot ever but Hollywood has found a way to top itself.

Don't they mean remake? I fail to understand how this is a reboot, unless they plan on making sequels, which would be stupid. And that Star Trek comparison was probably the dumbest thing I've ever heard a human being say.

Is this a joke!? Cliffhanger wasn't even a franchise! Are they just trying to turn "reboot" into a more fashionable word for "remake?" Doesn't that kind of dilute the meaning of the word?

I wonder what the next solo film they'll be "rebooting" is...

Don't they mean remake? I fail to understand how this is a reboot, unless they plan on making sequels, which would be stupid. And that Star Trek comparison was probably the dumbest thing I've ever heard a human being say.
Thankyou, what the hell does some dumb Stallone action movie in the 90's have to do with the StarTrek reboot?

Tara Reid is the world greatest actress of all time.

hands down, this is the most random 'reboot' of all time. It's like me rebooting Double Impact, the Jean Claude Van Damme movie.

They should reboot Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus while it's still relevant! Quick, Hollywood! Do it before it's too late! Chris Pine for Giant Octopus!

Its only a matter of time Turner and Hooch, only a matter of time my precious Turner and Hooch reboot dream will come true.

They are going to reboot Turner and Hooch like Star Trek!

hollywood has no shame...

its everyones brothers sisters and friends in hollyweird...sitting around thinking of ways to cash in quicker on older successes...

i don't pay to see crap like that, i wait for real film makers to make real films...not to make the rich richer...

In this case it's especially offensive though, since apparently the nitwits behind this movie seem to think that "reboot" is just a hipper word for "remake." I mean, how dumb does one have to be to realize you can't reboot something that's not even a franchise!

In this case it's especially offensive though, since apparently the nitwits behind this movie seem to think that "reboot" is just a hipper word for "remake." I mean, how dumb does one have to be to realize you can't reboot something that's not even a franchise!
I guess one movie can be called a franchise now.:whatever:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"