Cliffhanger Sequel?

We can only hope that one day he will grace us all with a COBRA sequel.

Cobra is the only man alive who slices his pizza with scissors
7.gif

^^ROFL:woot:

Cliffhangar was a good movie but no one was really asking for a sequel. Stallone is going a little overboard with the revival stuff. Like someone else pointed out Rocky and Rambo are understandable but Cliffhangar?:confused:

I wish Stallone would some more stuff like Copland which i thought was pretty good.
it's a crime that Sly hasn't made "STOP! or my grandma will shoot" a sequel to his blockbuster hit "Stop or my mom will shoot"
Lmao

How about a sequel to Nighthawks, Sly and Billy Dee Williams can revive the buddy cop formula.

A follow up to Copland would be good, as would an original story by Sly.

I would love to see a sequel to Cobra, though I don't reckon it's on the cards.

If the Cliffhanger sequel happens that will be cool..

Last I heard was he was going to be doing his version of Edgar Allan Poe next called 'Poe'.

I wouldn't mind seeing an understated action film like Daylight. Stallone might wear out his welcome with constant revival projects. I think Rocky and Rambo have given him enough steam that he should try and develop an original project.

Haven't seen Cliffhanger in years, it was good though from what I remember. Ill check it out.

As much as I loved Rambo (which my friends didn't like at all for some reason), I hope Stallone focuses on new properties

Rambo still hasn't made that much money at the box office... i don't think there'll be another one of those

Wasn't Stallone involved in a movie project about the night Tupac Shakur was killed? He was supposed to play a cop who's investigating the murder.

A scan from Columbia Tri-Star's 1994 promotional catalog which I happened to find while I was doing some cleaning. Too bad Mistress of the Seas never happened. Sounds somewhat cool.

phpn2ajbspmxm1.jpg

As much as I loved Rambo (which my friends didn't like at all for some reason), I hope Stallone focuses on new properties

He's been doing that for the last twenty years (Rocky V was 1990), and didn't have a proper hit since Daylight in 1996 (although Copland and Antz were successful).

It's sad to see once-mighty legends and cinematic heroes become old and frail. It's even worse to see them crawl back to old franchises which, in their heyday, they turned away from.

I was never as much a fan of Sly as I was of Arnie, and I was saddened to see a clearly too-old Arnie in T3; when he was in his prime in T2, he was the king of Hollywood back then, working with the king of the world.

I am not suggesting there was any dignity for Arnie in playing Mr Freeze or making all those 90's action movies which no-one watched (Eraser, End of Days, The 13th Day, etc), but atleast he wasn't going back to the same well over and over. Arnie did very few sequels in his career (some would say few f his movies deserved sequels), but T2 was a worthy one. T3 was not.

Sharon Stone in Basic Instinct 2, not that I (or anyone else) has seen it, is the same thing.

'Desperation sequel'.

If they do a sequel, I hope that they'll save Renny Harlin from his current "crisis." I mean, dude's helming WWE action pics now...

From Nightmare on Elm Street, Die Hard, Cliffhanger, The Long Kiss Goodnight to... John Cena. Yay... :(

If they do a sequel, I hope that they'll save Renny Harlin from his current "crisis." I mean, dude's helming WWE action pics now...

From Nightmare on Elm Street, Die Hard, Cliffhanger, The Long Kiss Goodnight to... John Cena. Yay... :(
Yeah, he really needs a good comeback.

what I mean by new properties... is focus on things like Poe... there was a lot of news going on about that then all of a sudden there's no news on the project... just a tad strange... perhaps the script was really crap?

Stallone is a very good writer though when he does get a brain wave or two so I'm hoping he can just calm down a little on the action and focus on Poe... then come back with another action vehicle. It would certainly add more variety.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"