Arrow Cliffhanger speculation and season 6 hopes/ideas

Deltron3030

Civilian
Reaction score
I'm guessing Oliver's son isn't rescued and is somehow part of the cliffhanger. They could do another 3-6 episodes with chase easily next season to wrap his arc up but I'm sure it won't go that route. Maybe talia escapes alive. I doubt all the main villans for this finale die. I really hope Deathstroke doesn't die. It would be a waste for future episodes/seasons.

Season 6 hopes:
Less filler and villain of the week episodes. I hope they can find 3 solid villans and give the 3-5 episodes each. This would be roughly 9-15 episodes. The main villain can be sprinkled in the entire season in end credit seasons kind of how marvel does their movies. This would be a great teaser for the villain and gives less pointless episodes to the season.

Arch 1: repercussions of season 5 and the first villain or maybe even the main villain early, then leaving us with end credits each episode (3-5 episodes)
Arch 2: second villain, maybe helix (3 episodes) with main villain end credits
Arch 3: third villain 3-5 episodes
Arch 4: main villain only. Maybe mix in suicide squade stuff to assist.

This is a general idea of what I would like for season 6. More focus on villans and longer archs for them. Also, for the main villain to always be seen somehow in end credits but no one knows about it in current time. I think this is a great formula to lead into another season where they can implement flash forwards.

This is total guesswork based on no knowledge:

1. BS turns on Chase and turns the tide for the good guys next week. This allows her to "take over" Laurel-1's old life. It also sets up an O/F/BS love triangle.
2. Next season will see Ollie take on a charismatic politician who wants to "make Star City great again." He will be the big bad.
3. Fair to middling chance that Ollie reveals himself as GA to the world.

This is total guesswork based on no knowledge:

1. BS turns on Chase and turns the tide for the good guys next week. This allows her to "take over" Laurel-1's old life. It also sets up an O/F/BS love triangle.

Yeah...but what about the new BC? I can see her changing sides and helping and then going back to E2.

I think its vanishingly unlikely that Black Siren will do any such thing.

I expect that Cayden James guy to be a big bad. They were really hyping him up, also the creators love Felicity. This will allow her to be a main focus yet again.

I expect that Cayden James guy to be a big bad. They were really hyping him up, also the creators love Felicity. This will allow her to be a main focus yet again.

I'm almost certain of it. Why? They didn't remove his mask. We never saw what he looked like. He could be anyone (ergo, they haven't cast him yet).

I also wonder if Cayden James isn't an alias. He could be a comic villain and they didn't want to let us in on who yet. Or if he isn't, I expect him to be a secondary villain, a henchman to whoever the main villain will be. After all, someone has to be there for Oliver to fight. There has to be some sort of physical villain.

Bring in Sportsmaster and Chesire as the "big bad" working for a bigger bad that is introduced towards the end of the season.

Black Siren revealing herself to the citizens of Star City as a way to get an upper hand on TA (they can't take her down and have just suddenly disappear if the public knows that LL is back somehow). Have her be a double agent working alongside the baddies and TA.

Introduce Checkmate

Even if it's not for S6, I'd really love if Onomatopoeia was a villain in a future season. All of Oliver's foes to this point have freaking loved hearing their own voices. Merlyn, Slade, Ra's, Darhk, Chase...they all. Talk. All. The. Time. Onomatopoeia, a villain who never speaks except in, well, onomatopoeias, would be very interesting. And if they felt they couldn't do it without seeming silly, he could just be completely silent instead. Maybe he can be the main villain as an enforcer hired by Cayden James and Helix.

I'm guessing Oliver's son isn't rescued and is somehow part of the cliffhanger. They could do another 3-6 episodes with chase easily next season to wrap his arc up but I'm sure it won't go that route.

Yeah, they kind of flipped that idea on its head.

Bring in Sportsmaster and Chesire as the "big bad" working for a bigger bad that is introduced towards the end of the season.

Black Siren revealing herself to the citizens of Star City as a way to get an upper hand on TA (they can't take her down and have just suddenly disappear if the public knows that LL is back somehow). Have her be a double agent working alongside the baddies and TA.

Introduce Checkmate

Now this would be an awesome way to anchor her to the series and give her credibility as an independent player that's gone beyond being Chase's (or Zoom's) lackey. It also gives her plenty of room for her to interact with the main characters.

my hopes/ideal script for arrow season 6: going with the onomatopoeia idea that was mentioned earlier

After the events on lian yu oliver finds out that samantha and diggle died during the explosion that chase activated when he killed himself( diggle died trying to get everyone to the bunker slade was held in). Still drowning in grief oliver is left to pick up daily life as the mayor of star city and protecting the city by night as the green arrow. He also has to care for his son and steps in to help lyla with raising john junior.
meanwhile after being dormant for some time vigilante springs back into action. the tension between himand green arrow about the way to clean up the city leads them to have multiple fights. while investigating some seemingly unconnected murders vigilante is caught by oliver standing over one of the victims making it look like he’s guilty of killing an innocent. the tension increases but at some point team arrow connects these murders and starts to see a pattern. at some point the murders start to include cops, criminal investigators and vigilantes (a wave of new vigilante’s are introduced) oliver suspects vigilante is taking out all the competition so he can be the only vigilante in star city. after some more fighting and some more murders vigilante proves to oliver he didn’t kill them. they try to gain eachothers trust and reluctantly work togheter without revealing their identity to eachother. At some point oliver does trust vigilante enough to bring him into his lair and reveal his identity at that moment when oliver turns his back he hears a sound and then the voice of vigilante repeating it, when he turns around he sees vigilante killing wild dog (midseason finale) (wild dog had just gained custody over his daughter, in the back half quentin’s storyline is going to be taking care of wild dog’s daughter as that was his dying wish to him)
vigilante escapes and is hunted. vigilante is later captured and unmasked. he turns out to be dorian chase( adrian’s twin) which makes oliver instantly judging him guilty after what adrian chase did to him and watching him kill wild dog. vigilante is to come before court where he pleads innocence meanwhile oliver did his own research. at the last day of the trial oliver finds out vigilante is innocent and when he goes to court to prevent him from going to death row he sees vigilante being shot by a sniper rifle. Vigilante miracliously lives as the bullets missed his heart. the true culprit outs himself, he’s a masked villain who calls himself as onomatopoeia (he calls himself that because he always repeats the last sound he heard before his wife died at his hand which drove him insane (only does that when he kills)) (* change from the comics because repeating every single sound he hears wouldn’t really work in a tv show plus it gives it meaning) his motivation is simply that he enjoys killing and the various vigilantes where in his way so that why he started to target them and eventually he sees them as a challenge and starts collecting masks as trophy’s (including wild dog’s mask). he starts sending letters to oliver about his kills in which he states oliver will be his final victim, his ultimate trophy.
at some point he captures oliver and crucifies him with his own arrows. oliver survives by being saved by black canary, roy (returns to help) and ragman. some more theatrical kills by onomatopoeia follow and the situation turns dire because oliver can’t fight due to his injuries for some time so roy steps up to take the mantle of green arrow for some time so the public doesn’t know the green arrow is not doing anything. onomatopoeia plans to kill the green arrow again (almost kills roy)
in the finale onomatopoeia kills felicity out of anger of not being able to kill the green arrow. this makes oliver bury the hatchet with vigilante and the two of them along with roy have a final fight with onomatopoeia and at the end of the fight oliver wants to spare his life and put him in prison but vigilante executes him, however onomatopoeia mortally wounds him and he dies while making peace with oliver, although onomatopoeia is unmasked they never find out what his name is. in a final attemt to mess with oliver he had a video prepared for the press to be released upon his death in which he reveals oliver’s identity as the arrow tot he public and proves it. season 7 focuses on the aftermath of that reveal. because oliver is revealed as the green arrow (and also being the arrow/hood) roy doesn’t have to hide anymore. oliver advises him to go to the titans (roy joins the titans tv show)
Also throw suicide squad stuff in the mix at some point(make onomatopoeia also go after them and maybe kill one of them to add to his trophies)

sorry i know this is a long story but i wanted to share it.

Now this would be an awesome way to anchor her to the series and give her credibility as an independent player that's gone beyond being Chase's (or Zoom's) lackey. It also gives her plenty of room for her to interact with the main characters.

Exactly! Hopefully the writers go that route.

Gh0stbuster, as interesting as your idea is, there's no way Diggle, Felicity, Wild Dog, and Vigilante all die in one season. Other than that, it's all fairly possible. Vigilante will definitely be a part of S6 and I'd love if Onomatopoeia gets used eventually. However, your idea also has no mention of Helix, and I'm fairly positive Helix and Cayden James will be a major part of S6 as well. I like some of your basic ideas, though.

I'm guessing Oliver's son isn't rescued and is somehow part of the cliffhanger. They could do another 3-6 episodes with chase easily next season to wrap his arc up but I'm sure it won't go that route. Maybe Talia escapes alive. I doubt all the main villains for this finale die. I really hope Deathstroke doesn't die. It would be a waste for future episodes/seasons.

Season 6 hopes:
Less filler and villain of the week episodes. I hope they can find 3 solid villains and give the 3-5 episodes each. This would be roughly 9-15 episodes. The main villain can be sprinkled in the entire season in end credit seasons kind of how marvel does their movies. This would be a great teaser for the villain and gives less pointless episodes to the season.

Arch 1: repercussions of season 5 and the first villain or maybe even the main villain early, then leaving us with end credits each episode (3-5 episodes)
Arch 2: second villain, maybe helix (3 episodes) with main villain end credits
Arch 3: third villain 3-5 episodes
Arch 4: main villain only. Maybe mix in suicide squad stuff to assist.

This is a general idea of what I would like for season 6. More focus on villains and longer arcs for them. Also, for the main villain to always be seen somehow in end credits but no one knows about it in current time. I think this is a great formula to lead into another season where they can implement flash forwards.
Some good thoughts, though given how they usually schedule their shows, I doubt we'd see more than 3 arcs. (also, archs are not a part of a story, you mean arcs.)

I'd really like to see more of Talia/Nyssa and have them build that relationship more.

Even if it's not for S6, I'd really love if Onomatopoeia was a villain in a future season. All of Oliver's foes to this point have freaking loved hearing their own voices. Merlyn, Slade, Ra's, Darhk, Chase...they all. Talk. All. The. Time. Onomatopoeia, a villain who never speaks except in, well, onomatopoeias, would be very interesting. And if they felt they couldn't do it without seeming silly, he could just be completely silent instead. Maybe he can be the main villain as an enforcer hired by Cayden James and Helix.

I used to love Onomatopoeia until I read Batman the Widening Gyre. Now I detest him and I detest Kevin Smith for being arrogant enough to show-horn him into a Batman comic where it made absolutely no sense.

Haden James is an obvious for season 6 villain (hopefully not the main one). Also, Ollie's old Russian buddy is a possibility to have a good amount of episodes on the villain side. Then there is Vigilante who i still believe is Chase's twin brother. This would be a great excuse to bring back the actor who did an excellent job. I would really welcome this. Also, will be interesting to see what the do with Deathstroke. They left him open-ended with information on his son etc.

As far as the big bad, the writers have a huge act to follow. This was such an amazing season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"