Comics Colossus pic...?

Suiciety

I am legion
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Anyone know where this picture is from (title/issue # and year)? Thanks in advance.
colossus14.jpg

BTW...Colossus rules! ;)

And since when does Petey wear Bruce Banner style pants? :p

No clue what that's from but it's a damn good pic. And yeah, Petey does rule.
smile.gif

An excellent Colossus pic. If he had looked so massive, dynamic, forceful more often during the 90's, he wouldn't have been sacrificed to end the Legacy Virus story (only to be appreciated more in death).

I don't recognize the style, but it looks like it was drawn in the 90's. I'd make a blind guess and claim that maybe it was from some Excaliber venture, since he spent a few years in the 90's there (plus a lot of issues towards the end were lost without a crossover). Of course it could have been from a late 90's X-issue somewhere.

Plus, Colossus is wearing the unofficial uniform of a "strong guy" type of character...NO SHIRT! Seriously, he often went without a shirt in the late 80's, and who says Hulk has a monopoly on "getting angry", or even torn clothes? Honestly, the passive routine is what led to writer apathy with him. He's a sensitive guy, but that doesn't mean he's without passion.

Excellent post Dread. In the latest issue of Wizard, Whedon refers to Colossus as the mutant version of Steve Rogers (Cap'n America). I thought it was a pretty accurate analogy. Ya know...strong, sensitive silent type. But if you push him to far...look out...hell hath no fury like a Rasputin scorned. ;)

BTW, is Petey still 19 or is he supposed to be in his early twenties now?

I think he is in his early 20s, because he was alive all those years. By the way, excellent picture.

I know I've seen this pic before, but I just can't remember where.
The latest issue of Wizard has an AWESOME cover featuring Colossus (and inside a pic of the complete cover for Astonishing #7 with an enormous Colossus behind the rest of the team)!
As far as Peter's age; waaaaay back in Uncanny #183 (the barroom brawl with Juggernaut) Peter was 19, so I would guess in Marvel time he could be around 21-23.
:xmen:

I thought Cassaday, did a poor job with the Wizard cover. Petey looks all skinny and $hit. But Cassaday, did a good job for issue #7 (which, btw, is slated for a 2/31/05 release).

And I remember issue #183. Petey is funny drunk, lol. "I'm nearly twenty" he said in a drunken stupor (while pulling away from Wolvie). Next thing you know...whoops...he bumped into Juggy, heh. Then Petey and Juggy start throwin' down (and the writer was biased! Petey should have won the fight ;) ).

Any****e...I agree, Petey, has got to be around 21 or so. Gee...I wonder if he'll ever reach his full potential (sarcastic remark intended towards the fact he's never really reached his true potential in regard to his strength...ugh!).

Colossus still rules! I demand he have his own mini or monthly title! And Marvel, while you're at it...make Colossus a MAX series! :cool:

Suiciety said:
I thought Cassaday, did a poor job with the Wizard cover. Petey looks all skinny and $hit. But Cassaday, did a good job for issue #7 (which, btw, is slated for a 2/31/05 release).

Colossus still rules! I demand he have his own mini or monthly title! And Marvel, while you're at it...make Colossus a MAX series! :cool:

In defense of the Wizard cover, Cassaday was paying homage to the Giant-size X-men #1 cover in which Colossus first appeared. Except for Hulk and Thing, Gil Kane (the cover artist) really did not draw massive bulky looking heroes. He did look pretty huge in the book though. I was surprised to find out that he was only 16 or 17 at the time.
;)

Does anyone have a link to the Wizard cover?

Colossus joined the team about 30 years ago and he's ONLY 21-23? Oy vey, Marvel time... :rolleyes: Can ANYONE in the Marvel universe reach 30?

The only X-man I can think of that appears to have aged a noticable amount is Beast. You can see the difference from the original furless Hank and the Beast in Astonishing now.

that one panel makes me want to read the entire issue, and that writers run on whatever it was.

The art looks like James Calafiore (I think that's how it's spelled), so I'm guessing it's an issue of Excalibur. I know I have it; I'll have check my back issues. :xmen:

If I'm not mistaken.. that pic seems to be from X-Men Unlimited 22... I'll check it and see if it's true...

Checked... it was X-Men Unlimited 22... artist Patrick Gleason, the issue was written by Vaughan... quite a good issue I might say, I enjoyed re-reading it this morning

@ sebita: thanks for the info...much appreciated. And like Colossus, you rule! ;)

side bar: who the flamin' hell is Patrick Gleason? And did anyone else notice that Petey says "Surrender or suffer!" instead of "surrender or die!" -- gotta love Petey pureheart, heh.

You're welcome :D actually it was quite fun to do... it would be a great idea to start a game of "Where is this pic from?"

sebita, i like ur idea of "Name that Comic" or something like that. Someone else should post a panel for us to guess.

sebita said:
Checked... it was X-Men Unlimited 22... artist Patrick Gleason, the issue was written by Vaughan... quite a good issue I might say, I enjoyed re-reading it this morning
yes it was
sorry about posting this 2 years later

If Colossus is 21-23 then how old is Kitty?...When he was 18 she was 14....so Kitty must be 19 or 20

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"