Comedians who can turn in a wacky performance

Silvermoth

Krakoan native
Reaction score
I was thinking the other day how there used to be heaps of really eccentric actors who can sell a movie based on really wacky performances. I'm talking robin williams, Jim Carey, Chevy chase, Eddie murphy etc.

Actors like this used to be very popular in kids shows as the crazy eccentric side character but not it seems like all characters like that are just played by Seth Rogen and no-one else really.

Who else does that really great wacky character kind of thing well these days? Tina fey is hilarious but she doesn't really do wacky or eccentric

Uh... Seth Rogen? Let's see... In THE INTERVIEW he's not the wacky on. In Pineapple Express, the wacky one is Franco. In Neighbors he's not wacky. In... You see a pattern here? And as has been shown there are more than enough actors putting Wacky up on screen these days.

And Chevy Chase rarely if ever played wacky.

I'd argue that Clark Griswold is one of the wackiest characters ever in a movie.

I don't see it. When I think wacky I think Ace Ventura or Bill Murray in Caddy Shack. Wacky is the cast of IT'S ALWAYS SUNNY. Now, the original VACATION film is wacky, but I don't think Chase's character is wacky. I think of it like this... Paul Rudd has been in some wacky comedies, but he rarely plays a wacky styled character.

Chase was quite wacky in Fletch, but it wasn't really that wacky if you're going by extreme standards.

Even in Fletch I'd say it's a stretch. He's playing a smartass that uses "wacky" characters as a put on, but I wouldn't say Fletch is a "wacky" character. Fletch uses "wacky" personas, but isn't in and of himself a "wacky" character. Same goes for Axel Foley. He's a character that has a host of put on characters that are over the top, but he's not himself "wacky". Comedic, sure but not in the wheel house of say, Ben Stiller in Zoolander, or Will Ferrell in... Well Will in anything. Maybe it would be better to decide what anyone means by "wacky"?

We have moved past the wacky, which I am pretty thankful for. We are more of a witty world now. Well, we at least like to think so.

I don't see it. When I think wacky I think Ace Ventura or Bill Murray in Caddy Shack. Wacky is the cast of IT'S ALWAYS SUNNY. Now, the original VACATION film is wacky, but I don't think Chase's character is wacky. I think of it like this... Paul Rudd has been in some wacky comedies, but he rarely plays a wacky styled character.

I don't see it either. Chase can be a little whacky , but when you compare him to a Jim Carrey or Robin Williams he doesn't seem it. Will Ferrel is kind of wacky.

When I think of whacky Zach Galifinafikis and Charlie day come to mind . I think Zack slowed down recently and that's why people are forgetting him.

I think the days of Ace Ventura are over. Now it's more about wordplay and the random pratfall. Even a lot of our comedians here in the states if they do physical comedy it's just due to like a pratfall, mostly they're about acting witty or random.

Sacha Baron Cohen
Jack Black
Jean Dujardin can turn on the wacky too if needed (See the OSS 117 Films)

Jean Dujardin was pretty wacky in The Brice Man (Brice de Nice) as well.

I... do not recommend that movie.

Also I was thinking of rebel wilson, she can do wacky sidekick quite well

Steve Carrel - i think even Kevin Hart, in a way, is wacky - or at least seems hyper sensitive in the trailer to get hard.

Humour has changed a lot though. Dumb & Dumber Too being an example of era centric humour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"