Actors That You Are Done With

That-Guy

Avenger
Reaction score
Who are some actors that you just can't watch anymore? I don't necessarily mean "bad" actors per se... just people you're totally sick of. Generally, I mean people who, when you go to see their movies, you know what to expect, so you have zero interest in seeing it. Here are some names that jump to mind for me.

Adam Sandler. Used to love the guy, but I doubt I'll ever see another one of his movies again. I think he has some talent somewhere, but he's content not to show it. The majority of his films as are just plain stupid.

Seth Rogen. I'll probably see The Green Hornet but I'm really sick of this guy's comedy films. He literally plays the same character in all of them.

Will Ferrell. I like him in bit parts, but all of his films where he plays a lead role consist of him running around screaming. I had hoped, when he did Stranger Than Fiction, that he'd make some better movies... but anything I've seen since has been worse than any of his previous films. Granted, he doesn't direct these movies, but he knew what was coming when he signed up for them.

Robin Williams. Don't get me wrong, I love Robin Williams. But he's a guy who needs to give crappy comedies and kids movies a rest for good and go back to more dramatic work because that is where he truly shines. One Hour Photo, Good Will Hunting... these are films where we saw how great he can truly be. He needs to skip doing comedy for a while until he finds a halfway decent script.

Robin Williams, Adam Sandler, and Owen Wilson.

Will Ferrell...Adam Sandler...Dane Cook...pretty much any comedian.

He's not an actor per se, but I'm done with Judd Apatow now. I'm sick and tired of his movies about "regular guys" (aka nebbish Jewish guys from NY and/or LA) -- not all of us regular guys are from NY or LA, nor do we share the same views on the world. I really want him to do something really different aside from frat boy or sex comedies.

john travolta
ryan reynolds
robert pattison..i was always done with him lol
eddie murphy
keira knightly.. liked her in pirates, hate her in everyting else
toby maguire.. has no range
kirsten dunst.. liked her in jumanji lol
jennifer aniston
mathew perry
ron perlman

Eddie Murphy...hes not funny anymore and never will be again

Adam sandler. He annoys me to no end

Will Ferrel... "I suck at sports...now laugh at me!" It gets old really quick

I wouldnt say "done" with but I have looowwww expectations when it comes to Eddie Murphy movies now, his last bright spark was in dreamgirls but thats like one supportive role within a list of bad movies.

so what you're saying is there was a time where you were a fan, so that you can now be "done with" her?

John travolta

yes!
Eddie Murphy...hes not funny anymore and never will be again

Adam sandler. He annoys me to no end

Will Ferrel... "I suck at sports...now laugh at me!" It gets old really quick

step brothers was hilarious

I love threads like these. People name, usually good actors, and give reasons like "Terrible in everything!" without elaborating. For example people who hate Maguire. Have you seen The Ice Storm, Wonder Boys, Ride with the Devil and/or Brothers? Have Knightley haters seen Pride & Prejudice and Atonement?

I mean Will Ferrell does play the same character a lot, but I doubt the doubters have seen Melinda/Melinda, The Producers and Stranger than Fiction. For the record, I hate the criticism that mainstream comedians "always play the same role." All comedians create or attempt to create a signature personality that audiences like and therefore audiences will pay to see that personality on the screen in funny situations. Yes, Ferrell always plays the same character. Adam Sandler always plays the same character. Ben Stiller always plays the same character. So does Owen Wilson, Vince Vaughn, Jack Black, Steve Carrell, Seth Rogen, Jonah Hill, Micahel Cera, Dan Akryod, Eddie Murphy, Bill Murray, Steve Martin, Chevy Chase, Martin Short, Chris Farley, John Belllucci, Abbot and Costello, Groucho Marx, Bob Hope, Doris Day, Richard Pryor, Mel Brooks and The Three Stooges.

There are exceptions to this. Murray, Wilson and Stiller can do work like Wes Anderson films and Lost in Translation, Steve Martin can do Shopgirl...but let's be honest comedians all find their niche and use it. So one should say they do not like that comedian's style than the criticism "They always play the same character." For example, I hate the character Jim Carrey plays. I don't think he is funny, but annoying and overcompensating. While I can still say Carrey is a good actor when he stars in Man on the Moon or Eternal Sunshine and admit he is a good actor--I still hate his Ace Ventura/Mask/Dumb and Dumber/Liar Liar/Yes Man character.

As for the rest of the thread. Minus extreme examples (Paul Walker, Miley Cyrus, Madonna, etc.) I am always open to any actor if they look to reinvent themselves or find a good role in a good film.

Jim Carrey is a funny person but he definately goes over the top with it .

Any movie involving Tyler Perry.

Not that I watch them, they all just seem the same.

lol indeed

I've been done watching Nicholas Cage for a while. I think it's the fact that he only has two facial expressions that got to me. Bruce Willis, I think it's time for him to hang up the boots as well. Surrogates was absolute fail on a high note. Not sure if I ever liked Kirsten Dunst as an actress. Sure she was fun to look at half naked in Bring It On but...by no means does that make her an actress. It's also sad that she depends on the Spider-Man franchise to keep her relevant (aka to give her a paycheck).

john travolta
ryan reynolds
robert pattison..i was always done with him lol
eddie murphy
keira knightly.. liked her in pirates, hate her in everyting else
toby maguire.. has no range
kirsten dunst.. liked her in jumanji lol
jennifer aniston
mathew perry
ron perlman

I really never understand this strange 'online stigma' for Keira Knightley. I'm hoping that you at least saw her in Atonement and Pride & Pred. Plus, she's absolutely beautiful.

And Ryan Reynolds. NO love for Green Lantern?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"