Comic voices: Dick's Batman Voice?

IBRAH08

JLI
Reaction score
So, I'm sure we've all assigned voices to the characters in the books. I especially have a specific voice for Bruce's Batman (it's like an edgier Kevin Conroy) and until recently I had been using this voice for dickbats too. However, I feel like this isn't fitting as he is a different Batman and has (in many ways) a different persona. So I guess I'm just asking what people think about dick's voice and maybe their inspiration for other characters too. thanks

I've been trying to apply Grayson's voice from BTAS but lower and darker (I really liked BTAS as you might be able to tell) but it isn't working. I dunno

You know this bothered me. Could people not just obviously tell that dick is a totally different batman just due to his voice? I mean wouldn't it be obvious to ppl like gordon etc.

To be fair, I think Gordon knows. I remember him telling Batman back with Jean Paul Valley something to the effect of "thinking I'm stupid" and not being able to tell the difference between Batmen. I think he said it to Dick as Batman during the Troika arc aswell. "Which 'Batman' am I talking to, this time?"

So, Gordon definently knows its not the real Batman if Dick hasn't already told him. I mean, it's not like he got to be police comissioner (what, three times now?) by being an incompetant idiot. :hehe:

Yeah, but I think it has been speculated that gordon already knows Bruce was Bats(as I think Bruce put it, "He's too good not to know") and so he probably knows it's not bruce right now

I'm using Bale's Bat Voice,because in B&R 2 Dick says that his voice "sounds so fake,like a kid trying to Batman's voice".For Bruce,I use Kevin Conroy's voice or sometimes Michael Keaton's.

I always image that the cowl has a voice changer. I remember older stories when Dick used to wear an inflatable suit to pose as Batman. Even Alfred posed as Bats back then atleast once and so did Superman in Death In The Family.

Superman can manipulate his vocal chords to impersonate anyone, so I don't think he counts.

But, I pretty much hear Kevin Conroy in my head for Bruce. Don't have a voice for Dick in my mind yet, really.

Speaking on the idea of a cowl voice changer: I read some where on these forums that in part of the promotion for TDK it was mentioned that the cowl has a voice changer that makes Bruce's voice sound the way it does. Anyone wlse heard of this or know what I"m talking about?

I know that they digitally altered Bale's voice in post production, but never heard of Batman in the movie's continuity using a voice changer.

Hey Syn (mercenary) how come no B&R for you?

On a similar note i know that dick grayson is shorter than bruce by several inches. Yet height wise he hasn't changed as batman. Have they actually mentioned him wearing lifts or anything?

Hey Syn (mercenary) how come no B&R for you?
Mullah. :cwink: Batman and Robin as well as Detective Comics and Batgirl are titles I'll wind up catching up with in trade format.

Regarding the height issue, wouldn't the shadows and all kinda mask the height difference? I mean, for anyone who's exposed to Batman enough to notice, I'm not sure the height issue would be the one to make them suspicious. That being said, I don't remember reading anything about lifts or anything of that sort.

On a similar note i know that dick grayson is shorter than bruce by several inches. Yet height wise he hasn't changed as batman. Have they actually mentioned him wearing lifts or anything?

Is it weird that I want grayson to be taller than bruce? but like slightly more lanky? I dunno that just always made more sense with their fighting styles to me (although I suppose gymnasts, and maybe acrobats, are on the shorter side....)

For Bruce, I think "Kevin Conroy." For Dickbats, I think of something similar to my own voice or what I would sound like imitating Batman.

My voice is pretty deep and masculine that I use that whenever I read Batman.

I'm not saying it's deep like Barry White but on a reasonable level where it doesn't sound too cartoony like BTAS.

Sorry to dissapoint BTAS fans but Kevin Conroy's voice only works in a animated capacity.

Conroy is batman for me. His voice is perfect. For Dick as bats i imagine he would just be talking with his normal voice but gruffer. A bit like in the gotham knights episode 'old wounds' when he first talks to robin (tim).

Great question. Good to know I'm not the only one with specific "voices" in my head while reading.

Personally, I'll never get the BTAS voices out of my head. I will ALWAYS read Conroy as Batman, etc. Hence, I'm reading Dick's Batman as pretty much Loren Lester's Nightwing voice, with a slight grit to it.

Yeah I don't get the random hate for conroy and all the BtAS crew. The show was epic and is ingrained in my psyche.

i use loren lester's nightwing voice from tnba

Personally, I'll never get the BTAS voices out of my head. I will ALWAYS read Conroy as Batman, etc. Hence, I'm reading Dick's Batman as pretty much Loren Lester's Nightwing voice, with a slight grit to it.

My thoughts exactly .

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"