Comics you do NOT want made into films

I'd like to add ANYTHING that ties into Civil War.

Catwoman should be entrusted to Tim Burton again imo in a do over. Hes the only guy to make a sucessful one on a blockbuster film.

CConn said:
Today I read an issue of the comic Invincible by Robert Kirkman, and while reading, it occured to me that I...really never want to see a movie made about it - not because it's bad or anything, believe you me, but because of how the stories are written. How the story arcs are structured, how the art plays such a wonderful role in the story...no film, to me, could ever capture that well enough. No film could ever be much more than an letdown off of this comic.

So that's the question I ask you. Yeah, it's a bit of a crazy topic (and honestly, it might not even belong in this forum), but I thought it a mildly interesting question. Oh, and lets keep it specific. I don't want any "any comics that suck" replies or anything - way too easy.
Actually,I heard a while back that they're trying to do an Invincible movie. It may have had a falling out,but they were saying it'd be alot like the first hour of Spider-Man 1.

Nightwing - Works far better as a TV show

Transformers - Despite my excitment about the actual movie itself, I never wanted to see anything but the animated show/movie/comic (not counting TFTM here really). Transformers lacks the ability to appeal to general audience baring massive changes to the source material. Read Stormbringer, Furman TF, DW Transformers ongoing, War Within. That is what Transformers is, a story about a Civil War that spills over into far reaches of the Universe. It takes an ensemble cast and a huge backstory to really truly capture it's essence. The original movie did it right, said screw it to general audiences and just told an extended TF episode. It will never translate as normal Transformers to a large screen.

Wolverine - It is the last thing we need. Firstly after reading the script it is clear they cannot bother to do the Weapon X saga right. Furthermore he doesn't need his own movie, it ruins what X-Men is about: the Team. Now everyone who doesn't read the comics thinks X-Men is Wolverine and Friends.

I think adaptations of Aquaman or Namor would probably be horrendous. Same with Captain America and Wonder Woman. love the characters, but Im having trouble seeing them translate to the screen in a good way..

I still want a FLASH movie... bad.

Why can't you see Cap being made into a film? I mean, it's sorta obvious why Aquaman and Namor (and even WW to an extent) would look rather ridicuous on screen, but Cap's always been a hero in look and characterization like any other popular character.

Well, its actually not so much that I dont want one to be made, I would love to see a new Cap movie (I even sit through the '90 version from time to time just to see live action Cap in some form) I just dont see tons of people going for it, thinking its too old fashioned or outdated. But they brought back Superman and they're doing Wonder Woman so its totally tangible..

This is why Im not in charge of these things.:)

FOG3 said:
Well, its actually not so much that I dont want one to be made, I would love to see a new Cap movie (I even sit through the '90 version from time to time just to see live action Cap in some form) I just dont see tons of people going for it, thinking its too old fashioned or outdated. But they brought back Superman and they're doing Wonder Woman so its totally tangible..

I see some logic in your words. It would certainly be hard to see kids of today relating to Captain America in any way. Blade, Spidey, X-Men, Batman - confused, angst-ridden outsiders.

This is totally the wrong time for a Cap movie anyway. In the current political climate it's inappropriate.

I'm beginning to get the point where I think WATCHMEN just shouldn't be made. I read the script review of the new Alex Tse draft and it has me terrified.

I had some faith in the project when it was in the hands of Paul Greengrass... but now? I don't have faith in Zack Snyder, and honestly, WATCHMEN is a film you absolutely nail 100% or you just don't bother. And I'm beginning to wonder if that's even possible.

Agentsands77 said:
I'm beginning to get the point where I think WATCHMEN just shouldn't be made. I read the script review of the new Alex Tse draft and it has me terrified.

I had some faith in the project when it was in the hands of Paul Greengrass... but now? I don't have faith in Zack Snyder, and honestly, WATCHMEN is a film you absolutely nail 100% or you just don't bother. And I'm beginning to wonder if that's even possible.
Have a link to the script review at all??

ShadowBoxing said:
Have a link to the script review at all??
http://latinoreview.com/scriptreview.php?id=27

Now, Alex Snyder has said at ComicCon that he doesn't view Tse's draft as the finished deal and wasn't entirely happy with it. What scares me, though, is that he really didn't seem overly impressed with Hayter's draft (and Hayter's draft is *damn* good - heck, even Alan Moore gave it props).

Agentsands77 said:
http://latinoreview.com/scriptreview.php?id=27

Now, Alex Snyder has said at ComicCon that he doesn't view Tse's draft as the finished deal and wasn't entirely happy with it. What scares me, though, is that he really didn't seem overly impressed with Hayter's draft (and Hayter's draft is *damn* good - heck, even Alan Moore gave it props).
Hmmm I read Hayter's review....it was quiet good, I'll take a look at LR though.

FOG3 said:

Ah, in that sense I agree.

In any case, lemme put this right out there...

When I started the thread, I didn't particularly mean it terms of finances. While yeah, I don't want to see any good movie to poorly, for the sake of this thread (at least) - to be blunt - I really don't give a damn whether a studio makes money or of a property or not. It's simply a question of what films you personally would don't ever want to see. Monthy, public reaction, etc. mean nothing. Or, at least, little.

Originally posted by CCon
It's simply a question of what films you personally would don't ever want to see. Monthy, public reaction, etc. mean nothing. Or, at least, little

Well yeh, I shouldn't have mentioned Cap at all, Id love to see a good version, but another reason is that I'd be too worried they'd screw it up. We already have a bad version, unlike alot of the other recent movies..

but all in all I think the water heroes would have a really hard time translating to the screen unless the films were animated. I can't really think of any others that I have no hope for at all..

Id like to see a Shazam movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"