Command & Conquer

Flash525

The Scarlet Messenger
Reaction score
I'm surprised this hasn't been covered yet, but there's a bunch of people who are officially working on remasting the original two Command & Conquer games; Tiberium Dawn and Red Alert (including both expansion packs). I am hoping this isn't just going to be a lick of paint, but a coding overhaul too; I specifically remember the old AI not making use of their naval bases, which was a buzzkill.

Whilst I am further overjoyed by this revelation, I would love for a new C&C game, maybe one featuring a mix of the two titles; Command & Conquer: Timelines? Mixed factions and a slightly more epic scale?
  • GDI-Allies (Europe/America)
  • Soviet Union (because the timeline is out of sync)
  • Shogun Warriors (SE Asia?)
  • Brotherhood of NOD
  • Middle Eastern Faction (there's a lot of wealth there now in places like Saudi Arabia and Dubai).
That's just wishful thinking though, but back on the original topic, who's excited for this? Who grew up with these games? I know I did. From the first Red Alert all the way up to Tiberium Sun and Generals.

I loved the C&C games (even that one FPS game). Red Alert 2 remains an RTS classic.

Seeing Microsoft is publishing a new Age of Empires, I'd love to see a new C&C game, but with EA having the rights, no thanks...

I'd also love to see Warcraft 4 but that probably will never happen and I'm pretty sure the Blizzard I loved is pretty much dead anyway.

I loved the C&C games (even that one FPS game). Red Alert 2 remains an RTS classic.
Tiberium Sun and Red Alert 2 were the core games for me (though I did love the original Red Alert; I pretty much grew up with that one).

Seeing Microsoft is publishing a new Age of Empires, I'd love to see a new C&C game, but with EA having the rights, no thanks...
I didn't know they were doing another AoE, I haven't really played them anyway, but if it gets good reviews, I may have to invest a little...

I absolutely loved those games. Can't wait for the remakes, and also for a future C&C game.

:confused:
I absolutely loved those games. Can't wait for the remakes, and also for a future C&C game.
I’m all for a new game, though what they’re doing with the old ones is remastering them, rather than remaking, and to be totally honest, from what I’ve seen of them so far, I’m not very impressed at all. :mad:

:confused:I’m all for a new game, though what they’re doing with the old ones is remastering them, rather than remaking, and to be totally honest, from what I’ve seen of them so far, I’m not very impressed at all. :mad:
Oh right. Will be nice for a bit of nostalgia then. I hope we get a new game. It's a shame EA own this franchise now.

This looks like a great effort. I really loved these games back in the 90s. I hope this all leads to a top notch next gen C&C game too. This series needs to live on.

Command & Conquer Remastered source code will be released to support modding | PC Gamer

Nuke tank mod as example:
26wxk3fa8yz41.png

I wonder what kinds of mods people will try and make for it. I really hope they make a new gen C&C game in the 2020s.

Tomorrow's the day!

I saw that. I am so incredibly excited. I still remember remember the game blowing my mind at age 8 when my next door neighbour lent me one of his discs. I've gotten a group of friends together to play online this week. They never really got into CnC back in the day, so this is their intro.

The only thing that has got me uneasy is that EA has not lifted the review embargo yet...

Yeah, I already tried out GDI missions 1 and 2 and, God, does it feel good. I turned off all of the modern features except unit quening. Oh man, that audio.

It seems the only negative reviews are ones like Eurogamer, who ridiculously criticize the game for the retaining the original gameplay, saying it is old and dated.

I remember playing C&C and Red Alert on the first playstation. Great memories. This was my first preorder, and I'm not disappointed. I played the hell out of Red Alert as a kid. I also love that they brought skirmish mode to the original.

I have a really strong bond with this series. Looking forward to getting into this but I really want them to start making new modern-tech games too. Such a shame EA bought Westwood.

I have a really strong bond with this series. Looking forward to getting into this but I really want them to start making new modern-tech games too. Such a shame EA bought Westwood.
Only after they remaster Tiberian Sun and Red Alert 2. I need those first before they do any new games. :funny:

Only after they remaster Tiberian Sun and Red Alert 2. I need those first before they do any new games. :funny:
That would be totally fine with me. :up::cwink:

I had so much time logged in Red Alert 2.

Red Alert 2 and C&C 3; Kane's Wrath is my go-to RTS when I have an itch to scratch. Mammoth Tanks upgraded with rail guns is just :applaud

Red Alert 2 and C&C 3; Kane's Wrath is my go-to RTS when I have an itch to scratch. Mammoth Tanks upgraded with rail guns is just :applaud
Yeah I love having an army of those squashing everything as they traverse the map.

All-time low on Steam. Time for me to finally grab this. :D

About time! Hope you enjoy it. Tiberian Dawn and Red Alert are two of my favourite games of all time and along with TIE Fighter are what made me a PC gamer when I was 7. This is an incredibly loving remaster and for me is the gold standard of how to deal with these types of legacy games.

However, I'm not sure about the price drop. It has always been $26.99 since release, which to me has always been an extremely reasonable price. I would have paid the regular full game price of $70-80 for this.

I wish EA would either announce a new C&C game or sell off the rights to someone else. The future of the series has died off since they took over and shut Westwood. I thought it would be a title that came out every few years that I would have for life to look forward to. :csad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"