Command & Conquer

Discussion in 'PC' started by Flash525, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Flash525

Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

I'm surprised this hasn't been covered yet, but there's a bunch of people who are officially working on remasting the original two Command & Conquer games; Tiberium Dawn and Red Alert (including both expansion packs). I am hoping this isn't just going to be a lick of paint, but a coding overhaul too; I specifically remember the old AI not making use of their naval bases, which was a buzzkill.

Whilst I am further overjoyed by this revelation, I would love for a new C&C game, maybe one featuring a mix of the two titles; Command & Conquer: Timelines? Mixed factions and a slightly more epic scale?
    • GDI-Allies (Europe/America)
    • Soviet Union (because the timeline is out of sync)
    • Shogun Warriors (SE Asia?)
    • Brotherhood of NOD
    • Middle Eastern Faction (there's a lot of wealth there now in places like Saudi Arabia and Dubai).
    That's just wishful thinking though, but back on the original topic, who's excited for this? Who grew up with these games? I know I did. From the first Red Alert all the way up to Tiberium Sun and Generals.

2. geetard

geetard Rebirth

I loved the C&C games (even that one FPS game). Red Alert 2 remains an RTS classic.

Seeing Microsoft is publishing a new Age of Empires, I'd love to see a new C&C game, but with EA having the rights, no thanks...

I'd also love to see Warcraft 4 but that probably will never happen and I'm pretty sure the Blizzard I loved is pretty much dead anyway.

3. Flash525

Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

Tiberium Sun and Red Alert 2 were the core games for me (though I did love the original Red Alert; I pretty much grew up with that one).

I didn't know they were doing another AoE, I haven't really played them anyway, but if it gets good reviews, I may have to invest a little...