The Avengers Costumed badguys for the sequel??

parkerpete

Sidekick
Reaction score
One of the awesome things about the success of Avengers, and the expansion of the MCU under Whedon, is that we can probably look forward to crazier, more comic-booky bad guys. That seems like the next place to go, especially with a fanboy like Whedon in control.

Who would be fun to see in a sequel? I'd love to see AIM and MODOK, or a Wakandan adventure involving Ulysses Klaw, or Baron Zemo...

Modern-day Hydra vs SHIELD would be awesome. Maybe in CA2?

Well, we should expect Thanos to be involved in future Avengers projects of course.

I do expect to see more crazy cosmic things. I think this proved Fox turning Galactus into a Cloud was incredibly stupid. Why haven't we seen Sentinels after five X-Men movies?

All that said, I don't really want to see MODOK. He's just a little too silly looking to work as a menacing threat on film.

lol i remember a while back when some people suggested peter dinklage / tyrion lannister for modok.

I about fell out of my seat in the movie theater when I saw the bad guy in the post-credits turn and discover that it was Thanos! :shock Talk about raising the villain-bar! First of all, Thanos is as strong as the Hulk and Thor. But it's his diabolical intellect and cunning that makes him such a dangerous opponent. Due to his relative obscurity among the non-comics-reading public, I'll bet that no more than about 25% of the viewing audience knew who it was after the credits.

I'm not exactly sure how the Avengers will defeat him when they meet him in the Avengers 2. No one has actually ever taken him down; he's always beaten himself because of a flaw in his character, according to Adam Warlock, where he subconsciously felt that he didn't deserve what he had wrested away. He's not the type to keep repeating the same mistake.

I'd give an arm and a leg to play an extra in the Avengers 2.

I'd like to see the Masters of Evil. Either in agreement with Thanos or just working on their own goals.

Yeah, I think that even though Thanos' involvement is a given, that doesn't exclude the possibility of folding some other super-villains into the plot, even in a minor way.

I always thought Raimi missed an opportunity with Spider-Man. Once he got the origin out of the way, how great would it have been to see a throwaway scene of him taking down a minor super-villain? Or open the movie with a pre-credit action scene, sort of like Temple of Doom, where you get to see Spider-man take down The Trapster, or The Shocker, just as part of his daily routine?

I think Whedon checked off almost every box on his own fanboy wishlist with Avengers... Bona-fide costumed super-villains* is one of the few things unchecked, I think he's probably dying to include some.

*Yeah, Loki sorta counts, but he's still more of an 'alien/supernatural being'. I'm talking about Grim Reaper, Whirlwind, Melter, Serpent Society... You know, OLD SCHOOL!

Time for The Cabal don't you think?

Then again, if anyone can make the Masters of Evil work, it's Whedon. Even with that name.

I'd like to see the Masters of Evil.

Agreed. I'm starting to think they'd fit the "smaller, more personal and painful" bill that Whedon talked about for the sequel more than even Ultron would. Then Thanos for TA3. Granted that would leave two of the Avengers greatest villains unused(so far), Kang & Ultron. But not everyone can get used. With Avengers making a billion plus we'll be having these superhero films in perpetuity. Eventually they'll be able to get around to all the villains who deserve it. We might have entirely new casts by that point but they will eventually get to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"