• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Homecoming Could someone please tell me why Kurtzman and Orci are bad writers?

Actually Peter didn't even kill Norman. He killed himself.

And the Starship Enterprise is being built on the ground... in Iowa. Why?

Sorry, that one just bugs me.

Thankfully, Kurtzman is getting a new writing partner for both of his films so the plot holes should be fixed due to somebody reigning him in. I'm far more concerned about him directing since he's only directed one feature film before which was good but not great and had no CGI in it.

I have no idea why Sony decided to give him permission to direct a big budget tentpole film. He's clearly the wrong man for the job who only got permission to direct from having connections at Sony.

Moreover, who names a movie, "Venom Carnage?" That's a terrible name.

Yes. Norman says so to Harry on his deathbed. He also mentions first showing symptoms at Harry's age. That's pretty clear to me.

Oh right I forgot about that. So has any one seen a asm2 trailer on tv for the dvd yet? I haven't thought we would maybe see one by now not that it matters to use on hear has we all now that the movie is coming out on augest 19 and if we are going to get it or not.

I have been hearing a lot of flack about these guys. I'm very curious to hear the reasons of why they are bad writers? Does anyone mind giving me some? Please?

Go watch Mask of Zorro (which they didn't write). Then go watch Legend of Zorro (which they wrote). Go watch Transformers 1, Transformers 2, and Transformers 3 which they wrote.

And lastly TASM2.

5 **** movies.

^ The first Transformers film, The Legend of Zorro, and TASM2 are not by any means the 'trainwrecks' you think they are.

ASM2 is the definition of trainwreck in my view. It's literally a collision of disparate ideas that don't really connect in a narrative sense.

And what the hell is up with these guys and "magic blood"?

Does anyone know why Norman had Richard Parker killed? I mean, what possible benefit would that give him? As far as i'm aware, he wasn't breaking the law by using his science for weaponry. That's what Richard 'discovered'. So what?

The whole 'Dad being alive' bit in the deleted scene also made me facepalm so hard, it gave me permanent brain damage.

Does anyone know why Norman had Richard Parker killed? I mean, what possible benefit would that give him? As far as i'm aware, he wasn't breaking the law by using his science for weaponry. That's what Richard 'discovered'. So what?

The whole 'Dad being alive' bit in the deleted scene also made me facepalm so hard, it gave me permanent brain damage.

I've only seen the film once from when I saw it in theatres but I believe it was simply because Richard Parker was ready to expose Norman Osborn and the "evil things" going on at Oscorp (though I don't think they actually said what "evil things" Oscorp were going to do with Richard Parker's research; I'm assuming to make some kind of super soldier thing with the spider venom but then it was only Richard Parker's/Peter's blood that would work with it so idk...). I'm not sure if we're actually given more than that in the film, looking back at it now it all seems a bit vague.

ASM2 is the definition of trainwreck in my view. It's literally a collision of disparate ideas that don't really connect in a narrative sense.

Exactly. That's why it's a very good thing Orci is gone.

don't forget that kurtzman is gone as well. i really hope they hire some great writers like the guys who did spectacular now. i also hope they hire the composer for that movie too:)

The main problems are still at Sony though. Avi Arad & Matt Tolmach

don't forget that kurtzman is gone as well. i really hope they hire some great writers like the guys who did spectacular now. i also hope they hire the composer for that movie too:)

What? When did they announce that Kurtzman left?

As far as I know, Kurtzman is still working with Sony and the Spidey franchise, writing and directing Venom Carnage (unless something happened to change that within the last week).

As far as I know, Kurtzman is still working with Sony and the Spidey franchise, writing and directing Venom Carnage (unless something happened to change that within the last week).

Yep. Kurtzman is still there. Whether or not he's still working on the ASM3 script, I've no idea but I imagine writing and directing the Venom:Carnage project will have him wrapped up and pretty busy.

i believe sony will hire a new writer hopefully it'll be the guy behind spectacular now

For a second I thought Kurtzman actually left. I was ready to celebrate and everything.

Devin had this to say about them:

Numerous insiders have told me the same story, time and again: Orci and Kurtzman are stenographers, taking down every bad idea that the director and producers give them and somehow fitting them all into the scripts. This is why they keep getting high profile work - they make the executives feel listened to, and this is the single most important skill a Hollywood screenwriter can have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"