Homecoming Fact from Fiction?

Green Goblin

Crawling on walls
Reaction score
Hi all,

Wow, haven't been here in a while, really busy with my travels and projects from June onwards. Anyway so in my hostel lobby I've been reading alot of and I use this lightly, "news". Now, I'm going to talk about several things talked about... which many believe to be true...

1)The reaction to ASM2 was "mixed"
Now yes, I know the critic reaction was mixed but the reaction was not. Look at say... IMDB, mid 7's same as X1 and X2 or... Spider-Man 2 (yes, you heard me correctly). This is very good as far as IMDB goes. Keep in mind, movies are not made for critics, not even fans, it's the movie goers. You guys do realise that film is subjective, all opinions are equal?.

2) Sinister Six and Venom are not happening
Alex Kurtzman said it is, the key to the big bucks is a shared universe. Avengers and DOFP are examples of this model giving a massive jump in cash. Why did you think Orci said Sony are considering releasing a spin off before ASM3?

3) Sinister Six and Venom will not connect
I call bull. Why would they do this? Doesn't this go against the rumor in 2)?Not only does this go against point 2) and what they actually said but ASM and ASM2 built up a bigger universe for what? ****s and giggles?

4) The movie was a box office bomb
$710 million, 100's millions in profit and it'll be on the top five this year? You've got to be joking?

5) The Franchise is a mess
This is far, far from the 2006-2011 era of X-Men or 1997-2005 era of Batman. If anything, what about 2007-2012 when we had a Spider-Man film as a regular in the worst comic book movies ever?

Hi all,

Wow, haven't been here in a while, really busy with my travels and projects from June onwards. Anyway so in my hostel lobby I've been reading alot of and I use this lightly, "news". Now, I'm going to talk about several things talked about... which many believe to be true...

Now yes, I know the critic reaction was mixed but the reaction was not. Look at say... IMDB, mid 7's same as X1 and X2 or... Spider-Man 2 (yes, you heard me correctly). This is very good as far as IMDB goes. Keep in mind, movies are not made for critics, not even fans, it's the movie goers. You guys do realise that film is subjective, all opinions are equal?.

Alex Kurtzman said it is, the key to the big bucks is a shared universe. Avengers and DOFP are examples of this model giving a massive jump in cash. Why did you think Orci said Sony are considering releasing a spin off before ASM3?

3) Sinister Six and Venom will not connect
I call bull. Why would they do this? Doesn't this go against the rumor in 2)?Not only does this go against point 2) and what they actually said but ASM and ASM2 built up a bigger universe for what? ****s and giggles?

$710 million, 100's millions in profit and it'll be on the top five this year? You've got to be joking?

This is far, far from the 2006-2011 era of X-Men or 1997-2005 era of Batman. If anything, what about 2007-2012 when we had a Spider-Man film as a regular in the worst comic book movies ever?

:applaud :applaud :up:

The bomb or flop talk is annoying as that just isn't true. People have this idea that because the series is in a slooooow decline in revenue and it didn't reach the billion that some suit thought it would makes it a failure, but it wasn't.

First things first, welcome back Green Goblin!

Secondly, yeah, this is all ******** "news".

Good thread. We needed this.

You could add the audience's RT % in your post, also. 70%, that is.

1. The reaction was mixed and not just critically. The score on IMDb is dropping, and so is the RT %. The movie has only been out 3 months, too. Imagine how low it will be in a year.

2. I don't think anyone has said they definitely won't be happening. They say they think that will not happen. In a way I hope they do so it will help bury this franchise in more failure and make them correct it.

3. I've never heard this one said before. I don't really care though if they're connected or not. Either way they'll probably both be bad.

4. Nobody called it a bomb, they called it a disappointment. All the money Sony put into the marketing, not to mention the budget, they did not make a big profit from this movie. It's the poorest they've ever done with a Spider-Man movie.

5. The franchise is a mess. Both of the TASM movies have not greatly impressed the audiences or fans. Especially the sequel. It's time to end it and reboot again. Sony don't know what they're doing any more with Spider-Man.

Hi all,

The audience ration is inflated by Fanboys giving it 10/10, some of whom haven't even seen the films.

Well Orca is off the team and Marvel can pull off a shared universe because they have a board more characters and tv rights to those characters which Sony doesn't.

Not a bomb, but it is the lowest grossing Spidey film, under preforming compared to Cap and XMen, and they spent a lot of money on advertisements.

SM3 is hardly a rear in worst comic book movies ever. It has a fresh rating on RT. Batman got a reboot 7 years after B&R which Sony won't do. Also 1999s Batman was the first Batman film series, while TASM is the second Spidey one. The first two X-Men films were well done while TASM was meh and 2 was stupid

SM3 is hardly a rear in worst comic book movies ever. It has a fresh rating on RT. Batman got a reboot 7 years after B&R which Sony won't do. Also 1999s Batman was the first Batman film series, while TASM is the second Spidey one. The first two X-Men films were well done while TASM was meh and 2 was stupid

yet it was disliked by the audiance since 2007

Yes this was a box office hit!!!!!!

Spending $450 million to only get $710 back is amazing!!!!!!!!!

Fact for the day, Non-Stop's budget was $50 million and the film made $250 million. That's 5 times as much as it cost. More profit then Spidey.

Thank you for this thread Green Goblin. It's about time the facts were flat out stated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"