Smallville CrazySexyPodcast:Bryan Q. Miller on Smallville and Batgirl!

ironman29758

Sidekick
Reaction score
http://crazysexygeeks.libsyn.com/archive/csg-42-bryan-q-miller-on-smallville-and-batgirl

Writer Bryan Q. Miller (@BryanQMiller) joins us to discuss his work on the TV series Smallville, the Batgirl comic book series that featured Stephanie Brown (AKA Spoiler) in the role, and his new work on the digital-first Smallville "Season 11" comic series. Fun discussions involving writing challenges and story evolution abound. Hosted by Jill Pantozzi (@TheNerdyBird) and Alan Kistler (@SizzlerKistler). Remember to e-mail fun dating anecdotes & questions and please donate via paypal if you like our show!

This was a fun listening hearing Brian talking about Smallville. No that much spoilers. Just him talking about how many pages Detective will be, a new graphic novel he's doing, etc.

Neat nice find, got to check it out when I have more free time.

I don't think we actually ever got down the road with what the story would be, but at the beginning of each season -- especially in the latter years, after DC Entertainment formed -- there was always that hope that it would happen. "Maybe we'll get to do Batman this year." And then inevitably, it was like, "No, sorry. No Batman this year." We'd have that with certain characters every now and again. We'd ask if we could do something with a character but he or she would be tied up with a feature or something else. A lot of ducks had to get in order for that to happen. At one point, we almost had a Vandal Savage episode -- it was the one that we had with Dean Cain -- and literally at the last minute, features said, "We have a feature in development." It was years ago when I think New Line had something cooking, so we had to change it to a generic character named Curtis Knox and it was inferred that he was probably Vandal Savage. Stuff like that would come up all the time, not just with Batman.

Basically never really got hope to use Batman, but interesting that Dean Cain/Curtis Knox was bascially Vandal Savage.

That was something a lot of fans thought for cain episode. And batman I bet there was more to it then what miller said since I believe he didn't come on to season 7.

That was something a lot of fans thought for cain episode. And batman I bet there was more to it then what miller said since I believe he didn't come on to season 7.
yeah I remember everyone saying this was Smallville's Vandal Savage. I'm glad this confirms it.

Ya maybe miller can do a knox appearance and make him officially vandal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"