Smallville SMALLVILLE RETURNS! ...in novel form

I just came from the DC website, where the issue is listed; it doesn't say "not final cover" so where did you find that?

Also, we've been talking about the artists from the covers, and the good and bad that came with it, that I thought we should at least talk a bit about the interior artist: Pere Perez.

I didn't recognize the name until I saw I googled him, and saw some of the work. The guy did some work relating to the Superman: New Krypton Saga, with Action Comics #881-889. He also did Batgirl, an issue of Birds of Prey, and the final two issues of the Return of Bruce Wayne, among others. He also switches from gritty to simple in terms of the realism presented, but the artwork is good, which makes him being on this thing a good thing because at least we know the artwork inside these book(s) will be good and fun to look at.

Here are some examples:
pere_perez_actionannual122.jpg

pere_perez_actionannual127.jpg

tumblr_lw1la2nFTE1qjcq1co1_500.jpg

bop_11_dylux_-8-copy.jpg

2vuc5k0.jpg

1512818-return_of_bruce_wayne__6_007_super.jpg

1515152-return_of_bruce_wayne__6_033_super.jpg

More info of his work can be found here:
http://www.comicbookdb.com/creator.php?ID=12352

I kinda hope that, if they use Martian Manhunter, they let him go full green, while still maintaining Morris' appearance. :up:

I don't see why they wouldn't do both like if he first. Meets with clark over something. Then when they go into battle changes to alien form.

Well, without having to worry about the availability of actors, budgets, and the acting itself.lol, I hope to see the comics take advantage of this entirely and further enrich the mythology of Smallville's canon.

Heck, I sure as hell would like to see more JLA action, and see more adventures and mission for the group with Clark leading them in his superman outfit.

And given that Season 10 established that there is a Batman and Wonder Woman somewhere in their world, I can't wait to see how that's established.

All stuff I think will be done. And as for bats/ww with what bqm said for second issue, we are to see someone special. Which I think was tease for bats.

"Confidential Designs" A Superman Sketchbook Fan Film

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpDx...xt=C348a8a6UDOEgsToPDskI5cqzDA_Sf4HsA11QYRac4

Hey folks, wasn't sure which thread to toss this in, but I wanted to share a link to my Superman/Smallville video, my original music track that I created using Superman and Smallville themes was blocked on account of copyright issues, so I had to substitute a track as requested by youtube.
The video features alternate costume designs as drawn by SM, I illustrated a bunch of Smallville costumes as homages.
Check it out and enjoy! I hope that in the new Season 11 comic we get some sort of behind the scenes designing of the altered suit and or his super suits since he began wearing them, would be fun to do that in comic form since they never really dove into that on the show.

Cover to issue #2 by Cat Staggs

4515218o.jpg

Last edited:
Cover to issue #2 by Cat Staggs

4515218o.jpg

SMALLVILLE SEASON 11 #2

BRYAN Q. MILLER
Art by PERE PEREZ
Cover by CAT STAGGS
On sale JUNE 6 • 40 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T
• The SEASON PREMIERE EVENT continues with these digital-first stories!
• CLARK investigates the true cause of the mysterious ENERGY STORM in space!
• CHLOE and EMIL pursue an intriguing artifact!
• LEX launches a dangerous mission into orbit, with former astronaut HANK HENSHAW at the wheel

Thanks for posting the details KalKai. I left them out on purpose cuz I didn't know if this thread was pro-spoilers or not.

That is pretty awesome. :up:

Though I really wish we would get something official from Perez.

Thanks for posting the details KalKai. I left them out on purpose cuz I didn't know if this thread was pro-spoilers or not.

why not just post it in the episode thread then? :huh:

This thread can probably die now that we have that.

Cuz this cover is for episode 2. Which doesn't have a thread yet and we don't know its name either. But yes, this thread indeed does seem kinda useless now.

sweet cat s, 2nd cover. Also some nice details about plotpoints. Cant wait to see the book once launched.

SMALLVILLE SEASON 11 #2
4515218o.jpg

BRYAN Q. MILLER
Art by PERE PEREZ
Cover by CAT STAGGS
On sale JUNE 6 • 40 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T
• The SEASON PREMIERE EVENT continues with these digital-first stories!
• CLARK investigates the true cause of the mysterious ENERGY STORM in space!
• CHLOE and EMIL pursue an intriguing artifact!
• LEX launches a dangerous mission into orbit, with former astronaut HANK HENSHAW at the wheel.

Wow, The Cyborg Superman makes his debut in the smallville universe (AWESOME). Also the cover art featuring Lex is awesome Cat really captured the look of Michael Rosenbaum prefectly .

We may see the beginnings of Cyborg Superman.

With Kara, Conner, and Doomsday, we could have Smallville's full version of Superman/ Doomsday and Reign of the Supermen story, but the only things missing are Steel John Henry Irons and Eradicator. :super:

Cuz this cover is for episode 2. Which doesn't have a thread yet and we don't know its name either. But yes, this thread indeed does seem kinda useless now.
I thought is was chapter 2 of the 12 chapter "season priemere" for this because of some quotes i read?

No this is for Issue #2 of Episode 1. Episode 1 will be 12 issues.

I thought is was chapter 2 of the 12 chapter "season priemere" for this because of some quotes i read?

You're correct.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"