Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead

unstoppable said:
so your saying if you were bitten by a snake you wouldn't try to kill it?
If a snake bit me I'll make sure that it's the last thing it bit
I would too.

It is wrong.

And it makes me sad.

And yet, I can't stop smiling and laughing.

Assassin said:
Irwin.gif

Whoever made that is NOT cool at all.

49erVenom said:

Get used to it. If this is the initial reaction just imagine what people will be Photoshopping on the anniversary of his death.

unstoppable said:
so your saying if you were bitten by a snake you wouldn't try to kill it?
If a snake bit me I'll make sure that it's the last thing it bit

Maybe the exact one that just harmed(potentially killing)you in the heat of the moment, but that's not quite the same as setting out to deliberately hunt and slaughter vast sums of them, that is completely wrong(as is that gif by the way, and not remotely funny), and it's not exactly something he's looking down on with pride.

ChibiKiriyama said:
Get used to it. If this is the initial reaction just imagine what people will be Photoshopping on the anniversary of his death.

Oh, I'm sure that will be the case. Sick but true.

49erVenom said:
Man, I don't care. Out of all the animals he has tangled with a stingray(of all cratures) kills him? I say the animal got a lucky cheap shot in.

Sloth7d said:
Man, I don't care. Out of all the animals he has tangled with a stingray(of all cratures) kills him? I say the animal got a lucky cheap shot in.

Soory, I don't find anything humorous in the untimely death of a husband, father and hero.

49erVenom said:
Soory, I don't find anything humorous in the untimely death of a husband, father and hero.
Didn't say it was funny. Just.....I mean a stingray?.... after all this?

Sloth7d said:
Didn't say it was funny. Just.....I mean a stingray?.... after all this?

I know. It seems odd that he survived encounters with all kinds of predators then this happened. I just don't see the point in someone making that. I can envision his kids doing a web search one day to find the fan sites devoted to their deceased dad and having that video come up. Cruel.

I didn't say I condoned the video. I actually didn't pay it much attention due to its ignorance.
You see I didn't really comment on it.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006420400,,00.html

Sick yobs rayvenge for Steve

By JEROME STARKEY
September 13, 2006

REVENGE mobs were slammed last night for slaughtering stingrays and hacking off their TAILS — in a backlash over the death of croc hunter Steve Irwin.

The Aussie showman died last week after a stingray’s 12ins barbed tail pierced his heart — sparking a massive outpouring of grief from fans.

But his conservation group Wildlife Warriors pleaded for calm after mutilated stingray corpses were discovered on beaches in Queensland, Australia.

Many of the fish had their venomous tails sliced off — as if in retribution for the killing of Irwin, 44.

The group’s executive director Michael Hornby insisted Irwin would never have condoned the cruel massacre.

Mr Hornby, who was a close friend of the TV star, said: “We are disgusted and disappointed that people would take this sort of action to hurt wildlife.

“It may be some sort of retribution, or it may be fear from certain individuals, or it just may be yet another callous act. That’s the last thing Steve would want.”

Australia’s state fisheries department confirmed officials had found ten dead stingrays since Irwin died.

The fish were discovered on two beaches not far from his zoo in Beerwah, north of Brisbane.

But wildlife experts believe dozens more have fallen victim to “Irwin avengers” along the massive Sunshine Coast.

The killers could face prosecution under Queensland’s Animal Care and Protection Act.

Fisheries spokesman Wayne Sumpton said fishermen who catch the rays by mistake sometimes cut off their tails to avoid being stung, but the practice is uncommon.

Conservationists fear the killings may have been inspired by an internet computer game, which shows Irwin’s wife Terri killing stingrays.

Poison from the normally docile fish’s tail is lethal to small creatures but rarely kills humans — although it causes excruciating pain.

Irwin’s funeral took place at the weekend and a public memorial service is to take place this week.

There's every chance it could be true but The Sun is a UK tabloid and takes a sensationalist view wherever possible so it's up to you how much you read into it.

I doubt any real fan of Steve would do that.
I'm inclined to disbelieve it for now.

I laughed at that .gif. I'm sorry, I did. I don't care if that makes me a monster.

Steve Irwin's Daughter To Swim With Stingray That Killed Him

Last updated at 12:55pm on 15th September 2006

Chip off the old croc: Bindi wants to
film stingrays after dad Steve Irwin's death.

Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin's brave daughter Bindi has vowed to finish the film about stingrays that ended his life.

The eight-year-old has even said she wants to swim with the same giant fish that killed her daredevil dad.

Bindi – who was named after one of Steve's favourite crocodiles – is presenting her own wildlife series called Jungle girl.

And the tragic events that led to Steve, 44, being pierced in the chest by a stingray's barb happened as he shot for scenes for his daughter's children's TV show.

Friend and manager John Stainton revealed how Steve decided to shoot the fateful footage for Bindi on the spur of the moment.

"He had been filming for his own show, Ocean's Deadliest, but suddenly he said he was off to seek out some normally harmless stingrays. It should have been an innocent encounter for a TV show aimed at children," he said.

Following his death it was assumed Bindi's show would be axed but the plucky child has declared she wants to carry on her father's conservation and TV work.

An insider told the Daily Star: "Bindi's a real fighter, just like her dad. She loved him so much and knows he'd be so proud of her for picking up where he left off."

Footage of Steve's final moments leading up to the stingray attack are in the hands of the Australian police, but rumours that it may be broadcast are circulating as it is believed it was the daredevil's wish that if he was attacked the camera's should keep rolling.

A public memorial service is to be held at the grounds of Irwin's Australia Zoo and Bindi will give an address.

Three-thousand grieving fans, hundreds of whom camped on the street overnight, were given tickets to the event held at the Crocoseum.

The free tickets were distributed at three locations across Irwin's home state of Queensland, and were snapped up within about 15 minutes.

Melissa Power, a 34-year-old beautician, was at the front of the line in the state capital, Brisbane, and had tears in her eyes when she finally got her ticket.

"It's unbelievable," she said. "I haven't slept and am so overemotional - I'm looking so forward to it."

The Crocodile Hunter's final commemoration will be a 'celebration of his life, not a sad funeral,' his father, Bob, told reporters.

Steve Irwin's death prompted an outpouring of grief around the world and in Queensland, where tens of thousands of fans turned out to lay flowers, candles and messages of support outside Australia Zoo.

Iceman/Psylocke said:
There's every chance it could be true but The Sun is a UK tabloid and takes a sensationalist view wherever possible so it's up to you how much you read into it.

True, but seems the Daily Mirror is worse:o

And about the gif...didn't laugh, rather lame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"