CrossGen Comics Coming to Marvel?!

RAMORE

~The First Avenger~
Reaction score
CrossGen_Chronicles_-1.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CrossGen_Entertainment

CrossGen was a company back in 2000 that became almost a Image rival to the big two they had diverse stories and genre's and great characters. I was reading up on Mark Waid (big fan) and remember he worked there so I started finding out what happened when it went bankrupt then I read Disney bought the rights to the characters so we could have marvel using these characters in theory which I would love to see:up: Thought?

I would love to see them continue Sojourn. Put Land back on the title since he's Marvel guy and complete the story.

But for some reason, I just don't really see it happening.

They'll use Crossgen the same day Prime is inducted into the Avengers.

Listen they are all on the same company now. All it takes is one creator like Land to go to crazy Joe with the idea and it's done. Some of those comics were great genre comics am I right? All who haven't read them should go grab a trade or the dirt cheap back issues to see.

BlackSymbiote's right, though: all it would take is someone to go to Joe with an idea for the Malibuverse and we could see those characters again, but they've been in limbo for like 10 years now. I've heard good things about CrossGen so I'd try whatever new material they put out, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

The thing with Malibu/Ultraverse is that there's supposedly (according to Quesada anyway) some Rights issues that aren't quite clear, so they stear clear of them. As far as I can tell, there aren't any issues with Crossgen characters.

But still, yeah, I'm not holding my breath.

CrossGen Comics were kind of terrible, but really delightfully terrible, in this neat little wacky shared universe of terribleness.

Altwaal's Mighty Rod of Power and the Goddess of **** and the Universe of Scary Evil Guys in Black Leather and that one guy who was Arnold Schwarzenegger plus John Wayne, IN SPACE!!, with magic!

Man hells yeah they should bring that back.

The thing with Malibu/Ultraverse is that there's supposedly (according to Quesada anyway) some Rights issues that aren't quite clear, so they stear clear of them.

Which sucks because Prime would be great in Avengers Academy. I really liked Moon Knight and Prototype and Solitaire.

If there is ever a big enough demand for CrossGen Disney will either have Marvel do it, or BOOM! Studios do it. There just has to be a demand first.

The thing with Malibu/Ultraverse is that there's supposedly (according to Quesada anyway) some Rights issues that aren't quite clear, so they stear clear of them. As far as I can tell, there aren't any issues with Crossgen characters.

But still, yeah, I'm not holding my breath.
And creators from Malibu say there aren't any issues. It's just Joe has no interest in using Malibu.

Basically, the deal with Ultraverse is that if anything is done with the characters, their original creators are entitled to a percentage of their sales. Joe Quesada, artist and creator himself (anyone recall ASH), wants nothing to do with THAT noise.

As for CrossGen, the irony is quite a lot of their talent went to Marvel anyway. Many CrossGen writers and artists eventually moved onto Marvel and become comfortable there.

I was never big on either, although Prime was basically a more modern update on the Captain Marvel (DC) idea, which has rarely been imitated; child becomes adult superhero.

((double post))

Last edited:
Which sucks because Prime would be great in Avengers Academy. I really liked Moon Knight and Prototype and Solitaire.

If there is ever a big enough demand for CrossGen Disney will either have Marvel do it, or BOOM! Studios do it. There just has to be a demand first.

Prime would be a good Marvel character, a lot of the Malibu characters would be. And I'm guessing you meant Nightman instead of Moon Knight.

Personally, I liked Lord Pumpkin, Sludge, Warstrike/'Strike, and Shuriken.

I liked the Negation comic and I would love to see a continuation of that.

The thing is not only would Marvel have to pay royalties to the original ULTRAVERSE creators, but they probably don't think the characters would sell in today's market. I mean, it is far better to risk comics on Dr. Voodoo and SWORD. :up:

True, but with all these classic story comics that have nothing to do with the 616, and the Icon imprint... I'd think that there'd be room for at least one Crossgen title, which I don't believe they'd have to pay royalties for at all, to test it all out. Sojourn was their best selling title if I'm not mistaken so continuing that tale, especially with an already established fanbase, would seem to be a decent move to attempt. If it flops, never return to Crossgen again... but if it succeeds, they could have a great franchise continue bringing in some money for them, and it'd secure them a better idea of what to expect with more Crossgen stuff.

But then again, I'm not at all a business person, so what do I know?

Is anyone else thinking the same thing that I'm thinking :dry:

If they aren't I wasn't nearly as obvious as I meant to be.

I mean he goes around half naked makin' people bow down to his glowing golden rod of power. Crossgen Comics, gents an' ladies.

True, but with all these classic story comics that have nothing to do with the 616, and the Icon imprint... I'd think that there'd be room for at least one Crossgen title, which I don't believe they'd have to pay royalties for at all, to test it all out. Sojourn was their best selling title if I'm not mistaken so continuing that tale, especially with an already established fanbase, would seem to be a decent move to attempt. If it flops, never return to Crossgen again... but if it succeeds, they could have a great franchise continue bringing in some money for them, and it'd secure them a better idea of what to expect with more Crossgen stuff.

But then again, I'm not at all a business person, so what do I know?

Agreed Scion and Meridian where also very solid. And Meridian appealed to younger girls a demographic they say they are trying to reach.

I also had the same thoughts about Malibu and wondered why they didn't do more than the prime spidey crossover. Prime and Nighwatch were my favorites.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davutha
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"