Marvel to resurrect CrossGen properties next year

My personal fav was Sigil, especially the chuck Dixon stuff.

It was kinda a welcome change for a cosmic comic at the time.

I wonder how they'll bring the CrossGen stuff back. Will they give them their own alternate universe like they did with the few Malibu characters/comics they tried to bring back or will they integrate them into the Marvel universe...
Would it be possible to integrate the CrossGen characters into the Marvel universe ?

I don't know, I didn't read any CrossGen comics. I was just curious.

I want Marvel UK to be resurrected also. Marvel could use some Death's Head!

Just prepare yourself for the weirdness of the artist's take on Beast. Other than that, the series, although canceled before its first issue ever hit the stands, was utterly wonderful if you like quirky comedy mixed with a bit of pure insanity.

SWORD was a really fun read and I was sad to see it go before even taking off.

But me personally, I'm ready for a Death's Head II resurrection (more than a panel in MI:13 anyhow), and I even liked his two brothers who had minis, Death Metal and Death Wreck. :) There were actually quite a few decent Marvel UK titles, but Death's Head II was my favorite.

I keep hoping they'll all show up again being that their "mother" Dr. Evelyn Necker has been a decent presence over in Nova, but so far no dice.

And no, I don't think any of the Sojourn books could fit nicely in with the Marvel Universe proper without some type of world traveling being involved, inless they start all the characters from scratch in the Marvel Universe. I think they'd work better as separate Earths on the Marvel ladder of worlds.

I'm just really curious to see, if they do Sojourn, how they go about it. I'd LOVE to see it continued where it left off but I don't see that happening at all. Marvel would require some fancy new #1 with a beginning separate from what had gone on before, or a complete revamp of the title entirely. I'm not all that happy with either of those options but I'm just glad that we might actually get to see Arwin, Gareth, Cassidy, Bohr, and the others again.

However they decide to integrate the CrossGen stuff, if at all, I hope they start with some reprints or omnibuses or something. I've been interested in Sojourn for a while but the earliest trades have been out of print the whole time.

they were basically a mix of all comic genres..the most popular ones seemed to be the fantasy ones though.

A bunch of different realities which were linked and occasionally crossed over and the superpowered ones all had powers from sigils.

One of the books was about some gods who pulled the strings.i remember it was drawn by Bart Sears whose not for everybody.

I never checked out much of Sojurn..I'll have to look it up.

SWORD was a really fun read and I was sad to see it go before even taking off.

But me personally, I'm ready for a Death's Head II resurrection (more than a panel in MI:13 anyhow), and I even liked his two brothers who had minis, Death Metal and Death Wreck. :) There were actually quite a few decent Marvel UK titles, but Death's Head II was my favorite.

I keep hoping they'll all show up again being that their "mother" Dr. Evelyn Necker has been a decent presence over in Nova, but so far no dice.
I've been hoping for a M:UK revival for some time. Death's Head & Death's Head II have been favorite characters of mine since DHII's debut. The stories were absurd, and at times confusing with all the time travel and Charnel and liquid metal and Brothers Death, but so much fun back in the day, and the art was usually better than not (early Hitch killing Cyclops in Mys-TECH Wars still stays with me to this day).

I know Sharp pitched a possible Ultimate Death's Head (II) to Marvel back in 2004/5, but Marvel shot it down. Shame, it would have been awesome to see that return.

Now, on subject, this is the first I heard of CrossGen, but see others reactions, might go about doing a little more research.

Hello, guys! I used to be a great fan of Crossgen back in the day and I'm pretty much excited by the news. I loved the sigil concept, but as of recent interviews, it looks like it's very viable that they would be dropping it. Bummer.

Anyway, I've been doing my best to gather old and new fans of Crossgen. We have a group over at Facebook that you might like to check. The idea is to keep it up with news and stuff, and well, we do speculate a lot :). I really hope you don' t mind me posting a link in here. I will post another one over there linking your forum so things get even.

The group's name is "Crossgen Fans Unite!", hope you're interested :) http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=138654149499744

AAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

This could be so great!!! (I've been hoping for this ever since Disney bought Marvel.)

I just hope the stories are kept in a separate reality. I really don't think the CrossGen characters belong in the Marvel Universe.

I enjoyed "Way of the Rat". The concept of different "rings" that made one a master of a martial art or a weapon - Incredible!:awesome:

I enjoyed "Way of the Rat". The concept of different "rings" that made one a master of a martial art or a weapon - Incredible!:awesome:

Sounds like something I can get into. I'm going to have to track that down to read it.

So I wonder how this is going to relate to the former stuff? I'm assuming they're just taking the characters and general idea and are going to run with it.

I'm not too worried about it until they get to Sojourn though. That's the Crossgen title I loved.

Ruse sounds awesome. But seriously, my fave fantasy red-head seems extremely scarce. Of course, Scion already had a decent ending. It would have been nice to see Jim Cheung retun to the title, maybe a "next generation" sort of thing.

Is Butch Guice returning for Ruse? Guy does great women.

I may give Ruse a try. I haven't read anything from CrossGen before, but Mark Waid's name is a great way to get my interest.

Didn't Waid do work for CrossGen back when it was an actual company?

Yeah, he wrote some of the original Ruse stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"