Crysis Thread

Havok83

Avenger
Reaction score
didnt see one so I thought Id make one. Heres the cover to the game which is set to be released this Septemeber

The best thing about the boxart is that it reveals it's a DVD only release. Goodbye, 5-disk installs! :D

I'm just pissed when I get a small-box for a game and there's like, five disks in it.

Village-Level-07.jpg

Jungle-02.jpg

this game is going to be amazing. Im just wondering what the system requirements are. Hopefully they wont be too high

I've been reading up on the game for a while.

It looks pretty cool, but I'm not going to get Vista just to play it

I've been reading up on the game for a while.

It looks pretty cool, but I'm not going to get Vista just to play it
You do realize that it isnt a Vista exclusive title right?

Yeah it looks awesome. It'll probably have similar requirements to F.E.A.R

As soon as I can get about $1500, I'll probably upgrade and buy this, too.

I upgraded my PC last Nov. Got a Duo 2 Core 6300, Vista, Nvidia 8600GT and 2gb of memory. That should be enough to play the game but until requirements are released I dont know where exactly I fit on the low or high end of the scale

I'm saving up for a Core 2 Quad Q6600, GeForce 8800GTX, and 4 Gbs of RAM, and maybe the PhysX card. I'm still researching the PhysX card to see if it's really worth it.

I don't think they'll be nearly as high as a lot of people have been guessing. The game's going to be highly scalable, they're not going to try and sell a game that requires hardware that most people haven't adopted yet. Some sort of dual core processor, a gig of ram, a dx10 graphics card, and you should be doing ok.

Anyone play the demo? Man this game is better than I thought it would be. When you hear about this game, its mostly about the graphics and DX10 and not so much gameplay. Well the gameplay is great and good and dirversive enough to stand out against the other FPS coming out. The suit is just like Halo in that it recharges itself, although this one seems to be able to take more damage. The suit enhancements sort of seem similiar to the nectar use in Haze. I like how its been implemented. Oh yeah and about the graphics, well they look amazing! Best facial detail in any FPS out there.

Im also glad that the demo is alot better than the MP beta as that one was filled with glitches and optimzation issues. The SP demo ran smooth for me and I had no isses with anything. I definetly think I might check this game out

I didn't even know the demo was out. I finally upgraded to my new system, so I can actually play it. I'm downloading it now. :)

Where's a place I can get the demo without ****ing signing up for something?

you guys must post your thoughts here

It seems cool. My system can't render everything at its highest detail level. In fact, I have to set everything to medium and turn off AA to get a consistently smooth frame rate at 1920x1080. But it still looks pretty fantastic.

It was hard as balls based on the ten minutes or so I just played it. I could blame it on the fact that I was still getting acquainted with the unique control setup and all the crap your suit does, but the truth is that I probably just suck because I haven't played many FPSes in the last couple of years. My computer was not equipped to handle them before last week when I upgraded.

Still, it looks like it'll be an incredible game. There's a lot you can do in the environments (I killed a turtle by punching it to death :D) and the visuals are incredible. The story seems pretty interesting and more than a little political, which I like. I'll definitely be looking at buying Crysis when it comes out, although I may opt to wait until I can maybe get another GeForce to run in SLI with my current one. This thing requires a ton of graphic power to get the full visual experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"