Crysis Thread

what graphic card are you using? Im currently using the Geforce 8600GT

My system's got a twin 8800 GTX and I can play everything at High settings with AA turned on at 1280x1024, no prob, although the game does start chugging when I bump everything up to Very High. And I HATE the game not having its own V-Sync option in the graphics settings.

Aside from that, it's a great game, lots of replay value. I must have played through the demo at least 5 times by now, and I still discover something new or interesting every single playthrough. I'll be putting my money down on the full game in advance for sure the next I go to the store. :up:

Well, not enough to run it fully maxed out. But it still looks really good on medium settings at 1920x1080. Better than most other games I've played on their highest settings.

Pc gamer is always overzealous with there reviews.

Will get it soon, iv heard gamers say they aren't that impressed, farcry with better technology is what a few have been saying.

Pc gamer is always overzealous with there reviews.

Will get it soon, iv heard gamers say they aren't that impressed, farcry with better technology is what a few have been saying.
Will, Microsoft made a lot of promises with there new Directx 10 and Direct3D. And many or finding that a lot of the promises made by Microsoft turned out to be nothing more then lies. And with OpenGl being ported to Mac, PC, PS3, PS2, Wii, DS, PSP, and most other hand held devices and Directx only going to Microsoft Windows and Xbox 360 things are just not looking good for Directx.

The game is still ment to look pretty awesome on dx9
I read something like that at Wikipedia of all places. And there was a few other sites that i can't remember right now. But I do remember it got a lot of gamers mad when finding this out.

I played the demo some weaks ago and it´s amazing....simply amazing.
And i played it in dx9 (7950 GT, Core2Duo 6600).

Still i´m not going to play it until i get Vista and a Dx10 card, i won´t allow myself...

It actually performed a lot better in dx10 for me than it did it dx9.

It was for me. Usually better graphics = lower framerate, even with a new api.

I try'd this on my system with dx9 all maxed at a resolution of 1024, my system is amd2 dual core 4800+ (2.5 cpu) with 2 gig of ram and a radiant x1950, it's a decent system, but not really high end.

It ran surprisingly well,alot better than expected, while it's hardly 60 fps, it's smooth enough to play, I wouldn't worry about dx9 too much, It's probably the best looking game iv ever seen, above anything the current next gen has brought out, I can understand what people are saying about far cry, it's feels basically the same, not that that's a bad thing.

This game makes all other FPS look horrible in comparison

How many hours of gameplay do you get out of the single player campaign?

And I love your avatar, TheCorpulent1. That was an awesome moment on Dexter and I knew as soon as it happened that OWNED GIFs were already being made.

I played the beta on my 8800 GTS 640 MB and it was really choppy...I need to check that demo out, c if the performance is ne better.

I played the beta on my 8800 GTS 640 MB and it was really choppy...I need to check that demo out, c if the performance is ne better.
for me, the demo actually played better than the final product

nope. Dont know how to figure that out

D/l an app called FRAPS. It's ez to use, comes with instructions.

P.S. The demo runs silky smooth on my comp, loved it :woot:

Well, I've played some of Crysis.

Not as interesting as I thought it would be. It was just like Farcry, which was good... but now it feels like an expansion to an old game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"