CVS to employees: Tell us your weight and quit smoking or you pay a penalty.

I'm not talking about legalities, just talking about how I know if someone smokes. Second hand smoke effects your health....and third hand smoke does too. If my wife is around someone who is smoking....or someone who has a bunch of smoke already in their clothes because they were smoking earlier or in a house that someone smokes a lot lives in....I can watch her body react to it and cause her distress. I immediately notice smoke lingering in the air, but it doesn't effect me...but my wife's body reacts strongly to it.

I'm sorry to hear that about your wife.

There's a third hand smoke?

Yep. As Marvolo said...he has family and friends who smoke...so when he visits them, he gets covered in (and breathes in) second hand smoke. If he then goes somewhere else still wearing those clothes....the people around him will also get the effect of that smoke. You can either call it second hand or third hand smoke then. Most people would still call it second hand smoke....but, to me, if you are a non smoker, and you are standing near someone smoking, that is second hand smoke.....but if he then goes somewhere else and new people are exposed to it, that is third hand smoke. It may not be an acknowledged medical term, just a way I have of expressing it. Kind of like if someone has a virus....they then give it to someone else...who goes off and gives it to someone else....etc......

I'm sorry to hear that about your wife.

Thanks, it's just someone we live with. Until about 10 years ago when our city made a no smoking law at any business in town, we had trouble any time we went to a restaurant or store.

Thanks, it's just someone we live with. Until about 10 years ago when our city made a no smoking law at any business in town, we had trouble any time we went to a restaurant or store.

When I was much younger my asthma and allergies were pretty severe and second hand smoke was a constant annoyance. The smoking ban in restaurants I do appreciate for those who can't handle the smoke because no one wants a side of smothering and coughing with their steak and baked potato. Its also a relief for parents with an asthmatic child. I really can't imagine that fear wondering if your child will suddenly not be able to breath.

I'm glad they've stopped allowing people to smoke in restaurants. It's a disgusting habit and I hate being exposed to it. Then if you complain about second hand smoke they tell you the air is polluted anyway.

I'm glad they've stopped allowing people to smoke in restaurants. It's a disgusting habit and I hate being exposed to it. Then if you complain about second hand smoke they tell you the air is polluted anyway.
Haha well it is. Cigs aren't the only thing causing lung cancer. Pollutants and aerosols contribute. If we put the same effort into other carcinogens in the air as we do cigarettes imagine what we could get done. I actually knew someone who developed throat and lung cancer and had never smoked a day in their life. Doctors said the most likely cause was the aerosols she breathed daily in her salon. One of those freak things no one thinks about.

So, are we going to be stupid enough to ban smoking cigarettes? Oral tobacco should be a safe thing...cause well...no smell...and e-cigs should be even more safe. And before you lecture me, I mean safe from being banned. Not safe for you to do, but safe from being banned.

If we ban cigs, it opens a hell gate. Caffeine is gonna be next. And people are just gonna start growing tobacco ****, do we need Mexican Cartels smuggling in cigarettes next? I'm a addict...I traded Tobacco for caffeine. Sometimes, I am being serious, I drink a coffee...and then a soda, like mtn dew...in the same hour...I literally get this feeling in my body and I am like...

'-_- come...at thy...at me, come at me, world.' And then I crash hours later....

And yes my BP isn't all that great....I also let every little thing get to me. Every...little...****ing....thing.

So, are we going to be stupid enough to ban smoking cigarettes? Oral tobacco should be a safe thing...cause well...no smell...and e-cigs should be even more safe. And before you lecture me, I mean safe from being banned. Not safe for you to do, but safe from being banned.

If we ban cigs, it opens a hell gate. Caffeine is gonna be next. And people are just gonna start growing tobacco ****, do we need Mexican Cartels smuggling in cigarettes next? I'm a addict...I traded Tobacco for caffeine. Sometimes, I am being serious, I drink a coffee...and then a soda, like mtn dew...in the same hour...I literally get this feeling in my body and I am like...

'-_- come...at thy...at me, come at me, world.' And then I crash hours later....

And yes my BP isn't all that great....I also let every little thing get to me. Every...little...****ing....thing.
No one is going to ban caffeine. It has been shown to have positive effects on the human body and it also doesn't give second parties cancer. Cigs have no positive benefits whatsoever.

No one is going to ban caffeine. It has been shown to have positive effects on the human body and it also doesn't give second parties cancer. Cigs have no positive benefits whatsoever.

While I love caffeine, what is positive about it? All it does is increase your heart rate...and since I love that feeling, I'm a addict. I used to drink a energy drink, Monster Brand, two cans of soda, and a coffee a day. But got told to stop that non-sense. Awwwwwww. Oh well, probably for the best. Was too expensive.

While I love caffeine, what is positive about it? All it does is increase your heart rate...and since I love that feeling, I'm a addict. I used to drink a energy drink, Monster Brand, two cans of soda, and a coffee a day. But got told to stop that non-sense. Awwwwwww. Oh well, probably for the best. Was too expensive.

Recent studies have shown that caffeine reduces chances of liver damage and liver failure. Caffeine is also a pain reliver. It has been shown to reduce the risk of dementia. Parkinson's disease risk, gallstones and headaches may be reduced or eliminated with caffeine consumption, according to Harvard studies. Women who consume caffeine, specifically coffee, may have a 25 percent lower risk of developing heart disease.

This is based on normal consumption of caffeine. Which is around 85mg- 255 mg a day or 1-3
8 oz. Cups of coffee.

Last edited:
How the hell can they enforce something like this? Different bodies have different builds, metabolisms and hormonal changes as people get older.

Recent studies have shown that caffeine reduces chances of liver damage and liver failure. Caffeine is also a pain reliver. It has been shown to reduce the risk of dementia. Parkinson's disease risk, gallstones and headaches may be reduced or eliminated with caffeine consumption, according to Harvard studies. Women who consume caffeine, specifically coffee, may have a 25 percent lower risk of developing heart disease.

This is based on normal consumption of caffeine. Which is around 85mg- 255 mg a day or 1-3
8 oz. Cups of coffee.

Ok...I dunno how much I drink, in terms of mg amount of caffeine. Probably more than that...

How the hell can they enforce something like this? Different bodies have different builds, metabolisms and hormonal changes as people get older.

They can't. If someone challenges it it will go away

Not sure about the rest of the world, but in the city I live, CVS has the rep as having the most obnoxious/rude employees. My wife works in a doctor's office and deals with all the pharmacies in the area...the one that gives them the most trouble is CVS.

It's an awful company to work for so yes they're constantly mad. When I worked there i was a dbag to people cause i was tired all the time from having to do the work of 2 people. When my boss told me to be nice I told him "fire me" and was never disciplined again.

It's an awful company to work for so yes they're constantly mad. When I worked there i was a dbag to people cause i was tired all the time from having to do the work of 2 people. When my boss told me to be nice I told him "fire me" and was never disciplined again.

Cause you got fired for teh attitude?

Does anyone know if Walgreens is any better to their employees and customers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"