Cyberpunk 2077

Mike Pondsmith could give some input on that, I don't know... As a US native.

Or maybe this stereotypical and cartoonish portrayal is the goal. Though I'm not sure what it does achieve. I remember Czech people complained about Mankind Divided, as well as Chinese about Human Revolution. Of course, I don't know anything about Czech or China, but I can totally relate as a Russian, because seeing what foreign countries do when they portray Russia in games or movies in 99% cases is both sad and hilarious. It became a bit better in the era of internet, but still there's a lot to be desired. And looks like Polish people making a game about US won't be an exception.

Last edited:
Yeah, there's always that risk when creating a story outside of your native country. It's why I don't like many English language films by non-native speakers, everything gets simplified and kind of cliche; there's not enough familiarity to create nuance.

It seems like on 2077 they should've gotten Hispanic writers to specifically handle those characters, or at the very least cultural advisors so they could avoid issues like this.

CDPR are probably being prudent and don't want a repeat of Witcher 3 downgraded graphics fiasco.
They already did that with the new trailer though. Clearly isn't what they promised with the first. What they should have done imo, was kill the FPS controversy with gameplay. Instead a lot of chatter about the look of the game and how people are not exactly happy about the FPS nature. At least among the fans. Journalist who saw the footage were a lot happier.

CDPR are probably being prudent and don't want a repeat of Witcher 3 downgraded graphics fiasco.
Not only graphics, but locations, audio and gameplay aren't finalized either.

It was the same for both The Last of Us gameplay presentations. Did that stop them?
How is it the same? Actors, visuals, gameplay mechanics - they talked about it at length. What they're doing and what's gonna be in the game. Previous trailer was a legit cutscenes. The party scene is a cutscene from the game too.

they really need to stop explaining and show off the game play. that will be the only assurance to posble costomore / buyer of this game to end this. that or they should go the gungrave VR raout & Evil with in & let you play from any perspective you want.

Those are the best option's. but it's likely the former option since they made their chose and I Don't want their budget blown like what happend with the Xcom the bureue disclassified game which went from Fps to TPS and cause they were on abudget from the start themakers ofthat game couldn't ask for more money from their publisher of 2k

Cyberpunk 2077 is better as first-person than third-person

1 day ago

One of the more surprising stories to come out of E3 2018 was the news that CD Projekt Red's heavily anticipated Cyberpunk 2077 will be a...Read more

in further news on this

Cyberpunk 2077's 1080 Ti-powered E3 demo only managed 30fps at 1080p... but that's ok

6 days ago
Comments 7

This story has been updated with fresh information from CD Projekt Red.

Cyberpunk 2077 might have been one of the most visually striking games to...Read more

Cyberpunk 2077 will have stealth

10 hours ago
When you combine videogames and cyberpunk, you usually expect some options for stealth, with that sort of gameplay factoring heavily into titles...Read more

source:PCGN

Last edited:
safe_image.php

Cyberpunk 2077 will have more personal consequences for your choices July 9, 2018
Cyberpunk 2077's karma system is more like how actual karma works.Read more

CD Projekt got the Cyberpunk license because “they were fans,” says tabletop creator

5 days agoComments 1
Cyberpunk 2077 builds from a tabletop legacy going back three decades, though CD Projekt Red’s take on the RPG has certainly brought the name to...Read more

safe_image.php

Cyberpunk 2077 devs say it would be stupid to show gameplay right now
July 12, 2018
http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news...t-would-be-stupid-to-show-gameplay-right-now/
Showing off the demo too early would create too much noise around the game's development, according to the series' creator.Read more

Cyberpunk 2077 could have a full, canon, TV schedule

4 days ago

The world of Cyberpunk 2077’s Night City looks like it could easily be the most detailed that developer CD Projekt Red has ever created. The...Read more

Cyberpunk 2077’s warning for the world is more important than ever

4 days ago

Cyberpunk is back in the spotlight like never before. Blade Runner was undoubtedly a peak for the sci-fi sub-genre but anticipation for CD Projekt...Read more

source: EGMnow& PCGN

Last edited:
I'm not convinced this game will be better as a first-person game.

Right now, it looks too much like the last two Deus Ex games. I'm not happy with the first-person gameplay.

Look, CD Projekt RED arguably know best. This is how they want to do it. So, let them do it. At the same time, I prefer third-person, and I am the consumer. Just wasn't as enthused when I heard the news.

Here's my thing. Why can't games have both? Is this the next generation of gaming or not? GTA 5 built an entire first-person shooter mode and you can switch anytime you want. Some games have that built in. I'm not saying all games need that, but why can't more?

I'm not convinced this game will be better as a first-person game.

Right now, it looks too much like the last two Deus Ex games. I'm not happy with the first-person gameplay.

Look, CD Projekt RED arguably know best. This is how they want to do it. So, let them do it. At the same time, I prefer third-person, and I am the consumer. Just wasn't as enthused when I heard the news.

Here's my thing. Why can't games have both? Is this the next generation of gaming or not? GTA 5 built an entire first-person shooter mode and you can switch anytime you want. Some games have that built in. I'm not saying all games need that, but why can't more?

well the only games that have a play from any perspective you want between third person & first person are the Gungrave VR currently being made by sega .

and the fall out games series.

Personally, I prefer shooters in first person. Some games make it work anyways (like GTA), but I liked what the quest designer said about first person giving the player a truly immersive experience when traversing the city. Here's hoping the final game delivers on what he described.

As for GTA V having both POVs that game was built for last gen, so I'm assuming it takes far less memory and drive space to run. Adding a new mode for current consoles wouldn't break the game.

Personally, I prefer shooters in first person. Some games make it work anyways (like GTA), but I liked what the quest designer said about first person giving the player a truly immersive experience when traversing the city. Here's hoping the final game delivers on what he described.

As for GTA V having both POVs that game was built for last gen, so I'm assuming it takes far less memory and drive space to run. Adding a new mode for current consoles wouldn't break the game.

First person perspective is only in GTA V enhanced edition. It wasn’t in last gen builds of the game.

First person perspective is only in GTA V enhanced edition. It wasn’t in last gen builds of the game.

I know, that's what I meant. Seventh generation games take up much less space and memory than current gen, so adding features wouldn't be too big of a deal. It's adding more features to a PS4/X1 game that's already at its limit that's the challenge. Apparently it took a PC with insane specs just to run the Cyberpunk demo at E3. Wonder how the devs will make it work for current consoles.

The game might not run on anything less than an Xbox One X. I don’t know how good a PS4 Pro is, but I’m sure the One X could handle it on a more moderate graphics setting, with at least decent frames.

Last edited:
UPD. I removed the youtube link to 48-minute demonstration due to cursing and nudity. But it's easy to find on the official cyberpunk channel.

Plenty to unpack here, but I love what I'm seeing so far.

Last edited:
I was up way too early and saw the weird Twitch stream. I was hoping this would be what came out. :woot:

Looks incredible, knew they would probably win me back over with the actual gameplay, though it does kinda annoy me that we have a character creator yet are locked to first person so we'll barely get to see the character we designed.

Surely a purchase on GOG day 1. :hmr:

Looks incredible, knew they would probably win me back over with the actual gameplay, though it does kinda annoy me that we have a character creator yet are locked to first person so we'll barely get to see the character we designed.
Not a fan of first-person view. I don't care if it's about immersion or not. Quite frankly, I don't see why more games can't give you the option of doing both.

UPD. I removed the youtube link to 48-minute demonstration due to cursing and nudity. But it's easy to find on the official cyberpunk channel.

Plenty to unpack here, but I love what I'm seeing so far.

I thought so the game pretty swear havey even though it was expected I had afeeling someone else would ether get in trouble if posted or would notice and take it off for that very reason cause they know the rules and I rather they not get in trouble. Any ways thnk for trying to put it up .but it was too risky as it is.

I'll just put up this article from the dev's explaing why they were so afraid initially to show tha game play til now.

Top, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC
[FONT=&quot]Cyberpunk 2077 48-minute gameplay reveal[/FONT]
Published 14 hours ago. 195 comments.

First-ever demo of the upcoming RPG.

Cyberpunk-Gameplay_08-27-18.jpg

CD Projekt RED has released the 48-minute gameplay reveal of Cyberpunk 2077.

Here is a message from game director Adam Badowski:
“What we’re releasing today was recorded from a game deep in development. Since many of the assets and mechanics in the current version of Cyberpunk 2077 are most likely to be modified, we initially decided to show this gameplay only to media.

Elements like gunplay (both in terms of visuals and how RPG stats influence it), netrunning, car physics, or the game’s UI—everything’s pretty much still in the playtest phase and we felt uneasy about publicly committing to any particular design. Animation glitches, work-in-progress character facial expressions, early versions of locations — all this made us hesitant to release what you’re about to see.

“However, we are also well aware that many of you want to see what the media saw. Although this is probably not the same game you’ll see on your screen when we launch, we still decided to share this 48-minute video with you. This is how Cyberpunk 2077 looks today. Let us know what you think!”
Cyberpunk 2077 will be released for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. Read more about the game here.

Watch the footage below.
source: Gematsu

Last edited:

Not a fan of first-person view. I don't care if it's about immersion or not. Quite frankly, I don't see why more games can't give you the option of doing both.

I was thinking the same thing. At least give the option. We create a character and will basically it seems only get to see it fully during cut scenes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"