World [Danger] - Fragileness of Medicom figure...!!!

T

timomos

I just brought a Medicom Spiderman, and a Medicom body so that i can assemble a Parker in his daily clothes.

as I was exploring the articulation of the Medicom body, i tried to push the leg up to do a open leg pose like this:
551.jpg

then all of a sudden, i heard a small click sound. :bomb:

the metal connecting piece fell off.

this is what happen afterward...
leeg.jpg

now, i am afraid to take my spidey out to play...:spidey:

does any1 know how to fix this?
thanks

timomos said:
now, i am afraid to take my spidey out to play...:spidey:

does any1 know how to fix this?
thanks
There's your 1st mistake. You don't play with Medicom figure's. They're strictly for display only. I have the Medicom Venom & I broke one of the interchangable heads just by trying to swap them over (which you're s'pose to be able to do). They're really that fragile. So I suggest you get your spidey in a pose that you're happy with & leave him be. Just remember not to try & force him into a pose. That's how s**t breaks. :) lol

Psht. Sounds like a waste of money. If you're going to spend THAT MUCH money on those things, they ought to at least be able to withstand simple posability.

JackSkellington said:
They're strictly for display only. I have the Medicom Venom & I broke one of the interchangable heads just by trying to swap them over
all right. thanks for the tips.
which part did your venom head broke?

timomos said:
all right. thanks for the tips.
which part did your venom head broke?
No problem. :up:
The hole which the neck ball joint pops into broke away & fell into the head. It's all fixed now & you can't even tell it ever broke...thankfully! Didn't stop me from s**ting a brick at the time though! lol :)

Cyclops said:
Psht. Sounds like a waste of money. If you're going to spend THAT MUCH money on those things, they ought to at least be able to withstand simple posability.

Agreed 100%. I would Never spend that kind of money on such a cheaply made figure.

They certainly aren't cheaply made, they are simply extremely fragile. I have the Medicom X-3 Wolverine, Carnage, Jack Sparrow, Spider-Man, Venom, and the Symbiote Spider-Man. Not once have I had an issue. The figures aren't made for quick posing. They're simply supposed to be posed lightly and left to stand. They aren't cheaply made, they're just extremely delicate. Medicom spares no expense with any figure. :)

Looking at those "naked" pics makes me realize that these Medicom figures are a lot like the Famous Covers and Signature Series figs with slightlymore articulation....The Urge to buy them lessens.

Damn right.
I actually own the '3 faces of Danzig' Medicom's, tho I have never 'played' w/ them, they seem quite robust.

3faces2_sm.jpg

i'm looking to maybe get the carnage of this line, but i don't know if i'll like the fabricated look, is he worth the money and are RAH figures worth the money? i'v heard of figures that ppl say are fragile then i buy them and i don't have a problem with them cuz i'm not rough with my stuff, i'm usually pretty gentle, which is what it seems like you have to do with these guys. are they sturdy figures that once in a pose won't fall or have joints that are to tight and when you try to pose them you'll end up breaking them because of the tights joints? i don't have any RAHs but i really want the ghost rider and venom ones coming out in the next few months and I can't find any reviews on this line anywhere.

The only 2 RAH's that i dont think are worth the money are comic Wolverine and Cyclops. And carnage is fantastic.

the clothed look looks a little off in the pics, i assume it's one of those figures that blows you away when you see it in person? an example for me is the hot toys alien figure, i had to have it, even tough it looked like it had its flaws, but in person i can't believe how f'ing cool that figure is, one of the prizes of my collection.

The cloth clothes aren't really noticable in person. it looks great.

i passed up getting carnage today on ebay, i don't have enough to get him, ghost rider, and venom, does anyone have the carnage figure that they could post pictures of?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"