Danny Boyle Eyes Trainspotting Sequel for 2016

As stupidly unnecessary it is to make a sequel to a cult movie that came out 20 years ago, I'm curious.

T2 Trainspotting Official Trailer – At Cinemas January 27

Looks as great as the first one so far!

trainspotting.jpg

Actually really amped for this, hope they don't play on the nostalgia factor too much but that trailer was very good, the cinematography looks fairly hypnotic as well. Makes sense as it's the same cinematographer from Boyle's film Trance.

I'm so ready for this.

I wasn't sure that this was a good idea but after that trailer, I'm sold. This looks fantastic. I can't wait to see Renton, Spud, Begbie, Sick Boy and Diane again.

Kelly Macdonald, my heart. :atp:

This looks great.

Just found out this comes out stateside on my birthday on the 3rd of February.

I just don't know if this will have the same edge as the last movie. Boyle's an older guy and so are they. You just can't top that baby scene. I'm afraid this will just feel standard.

Also I didn't know there were a series of books. So there being a sequel doesn't feel as bad of an idea. It's just nobody really knows about Trainspotting in the states.

I like how the colors pop out with the cinematography.

I'm not impressed, this seems extremely redundant. Well passed it's expiry date - at least 10 years past. I thought the first film was a glossy, candy-coated version of drug addiction set to great pop tunes anyway.

Last edited:
In some f****d up way this makes me proud to be Scottish. Canna' wait to see it.

tumblr_og25zlQjSF1s2j63zo2_500.gif

tumblr_og25zlQjSF1s2j63zo1_500.gif

Music from the trailer by Wolf Alice
[YT]wTsN7uugtfg[/YT]
Great song.

Really interested in what the soundtrack for the sequel will be since the one for the first was so iconic not only to set the mood of the film, but also the 90's.

I wasn't sure about this when it was announced. But the trailer sold me. Looks really good. Can't wait.

International Trailer with some new footage and dialogue.

[YT]pFHOzN3Yk1M[/YT]

[YT]wpuWX0RcraM[/YT]

[YT]i9PCTUD2wBc[/YT]

I loved this film. It's a whole different beast than the original. It's more about reminiscing about the past and the meanings behind that. You still get the kinetic energy expected from a Boyle film, but this felt more heartfelt than the first movie.

Was it necessary for there to be a sequel? Probably not.

Does it work on its own basis though? Yes. So I'm glad it was made.

Nice. I'm glad that you loved it and it's been getting good reviews so I'm looking forward to it.

I liked this. The movie had one foot in the past and one in the present but didn't feel like a lame nostalgia fest.

We got a lot more info on Begbie.

Got this on Blu-ray months ago and all I got to say is that it’s a worthy sequel to the original film.

It was fine. Very interesting cinematography and great acting but it's nowhere near the original but at least doesn't ruin the first movie like some sequels do

I think the thing I liked most about it was that they filmed in places in Scotland that I've actually been to and I always love seeing that on screen. :funny:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"