"Daredevil" film recently broadcast on BBC1(UKTV)

The DC is actually a really good movie, very dark as well which MSJ was not allowed to transfer to GR by the studio unfortunately.

The only REAL problem i have with Daredevil DC is human jumping 50 feet to another building or diving down 30 stories and still surviving.

Other than that the DC is a great movie.

I wouldnt mind a re-boot, i dont think Affleck will come back despite it being his best role and movie in years IMO.

Someone like Jared Leto should take over.

I wouldnt mind a re-boot, i dont think Affleck will come back despite it being his best role and movie in years IMO.

Someone like Jared Leto should take over.

Umm yeh no thanks
while I agree Affleck did a meh job how in the heck you think a no talent hack like Ledo can do better is lost on me.

Daredevil was hardly his best in role in years, that was Hollywoodland. If anything DD attributed to his downfall.

I"d say it was a fairly accurate movie.

It suffered from a director who was a fan who wanted to throw EVERYTHING he loved about the comics in. That included Kingpin, Bullseye and death of Elektra.

It was rushed and ameturish in storytelling, lost complete pace at the end with ridiculous fights and suffered from a really cheesy and silly playground brawl.

I actually did not mind him killing the rapist as it gives Matt a rather nice arc when he spares Kingpin. All though it is tarnished considering just minutes before he tried to kill Bullseye. Lazy writing. Bullseye should have tried to kill Matt with one of Elektra's sais he kept after stabbing her and then got tossed in response.

As a whole the DC is much better and I recommend it. But I don't blame Affleck. While not that great of an actor, he was decent in the role and has been quite good in other movies (Chasing Amy, Dogma, Good Will Hunting, Shakespeare in Love, Boiler Room and Hollywoodland) and I think the enntire cast did well with what they were given. Collin Farrell stole the show, in fact.

It just needed a much better screenplay and probably a more reserved director.

But it is entertaining and has some good actors not ****ing up which ism ore than I can say about his next pic, the AWFUL Ghost Rider.

At least Garner wasn't cringe-worthy, I didn't roll my eyes and Affleck and both Duncan and especially Farrell were quite good (as was the supporting cast of Pantoliano and Favereau and the guy who played Matt's father).

Just a weak script, that is made significantly better by the DC, but still not that great. A lot better than Ghost Rider though.

as for the early death, i somewhat saw this as the start of a learning curve that he eventually learns by the end of the film and that's why he doesn't kill kingpin.

I think that they should do something similar to The Punisher: War Zone and The Incredible Hulk. A kind of vague sequel. The thing is it can work with Daredevil because the first one wasn't really an origin movie. It can be treated like the Blade series where it's just one cool story after another (looks like the way they're heading with The Punisher and Hulk too).

The DC is one of the very best superhero movies ever made, it doesn't need anything!

As I posted before, the main problem is they released the wrong version.

Umm yeh no thanks
while I agree Affleck did a meh job how in the heck you think a no talent hack like Ledo can do better is lost on me.

:whatever: Who would you suggest in all of your wisdom then?

Leto is not a no talent hack, he is a good actor, hence why many directors and actors alike want to work with him.

With a good enough script they can pull a Hulk and get Guy Pierce (SP?).

Hopefully the rights will revert back and a proper daredevil will be made.

Fox shouldn't have tried to make Daredevil their whimsical Spider-Man-type blockbuster (as they would try again with the Fantastic Four films). They shouldn't have watered it down to a PG-13 rating to try and market toward the Saturday-morning-cartoon-generation.

Fox had plenty of no-R-necessary Marvel material with X-Men and the F4. DD should've been the film/franchise that catered to the 17+ crowd, with X-Men appealing to the coming-of-age group in the PG-13 camp, and F4 rounding up the rest of those little scamps in the PG territory.

In closing, the 133-minute, R-rated director's cut of Daredevil is a gem, and is definitely the cut that should've been released in theaters in the first place. It should've been Fox's answer to the adult-oriented Blade, which was a hit in its own right and succesful enough to spawn two sequels that were just as bloody. But no, they decided to take the safe way out with a 103-minute, PG-13 cut. Shame :( .

[/rant]

P.S. I remember hearing that Ben Affleck would only star in a Daredevil sequel if Kevin Smith directed :o .

Yeah, that's what I heard too. I think it'd be worth a good shot but I don't know if Kevin Smith would be able to direct dark. Write it, sure, he's done that plenty. Directing is another matter.

I also heard that Kevin Smith does not want to direct a comic-adaptation, because he doesn't want to put up with the "*****ing fanboys."

Aside from the cheesy wirework and some unrealistic fights (I could see DD doing some of that stuff, but Elektra and Bullseye? C'mon!), DD was a fantastic film. But the DC is even more stunning.

I don't get the hate for Affleck, Garner or the film in general. It was a friggin' masterpiece. Affleck and Garner were stunning. That film is as much DD as you'll ever get.

And for the record, Elektra kicked ass, too. FACT.

Fox shouldn't have tried to make Daredevil their whimsical Spider-Man-type blockbuster (as they would try again with the Fantastic Four films). They shouldn't have watered it down to a PG-13 rating to try and market toward the Saturday-morning-cartoon-generation.

Fox had plenty of no-R-necessary Marvel material with X-Men and the F4. DD should've been the film/franchise that catered to the 17+ crowd, with X-Men appealing to the coming-of-age group in the PG-13 camp, and F4 rounding up the rest of those little scamps in the PG territory.

In closing, the 133-minute, R-rated director's cut of Daredevil is a gem, and is definitely the cut that should've been released in theaters in the first place. It should've been Fox's answer to the adult-oriented Blade, which was a hit in its own right and succesful enough to spawn two sequels that were just as bloody. But no, they decided to take the safe way out with a 103-minute, PG-13 cut. Shame :( .

[/rant]

P.S. I remember hearing that Ben Affleck would only star in a Daredevil sequel if Kevin Smith directed :o .

I know, the DC is an awesomely dark and entertaining movie, its just the stupid jumps, etc , that i dont like.

After hearing everyone saying how the Director's Cut of DD was so superiour to the theatrical version, I decided to pick it up and you know what?! It's still a piece of crap! That scene in the playground? The scene where, as a kid, he suddenly learns to kick butt? The fact that Electra is killed like 2 minutes into her super-heroine phase? And correct me if I'm wrong, but did he have a "zipper" in his suit!?

I don't think the script was bad, but the director was horrible (and if this didn't prove it, GR did). A real director would have seen those scenes in the script, torn them out, used them to wipe himself, and demanded rewrites.

My two-cents, for what it's worth.

After hearing everyone saying how the Director's Cut of DD was so superiour to the theatrical version, I decided to pick it up and you know what?! It's still a piece of crap! That scene in the playground? The scene where, as a kid, he suddenly learns to kick butt? The fact that Electra is killed like 2 minutes into her super-heroine phase? And correct me if I'm wrong, but did he have a "zipper" in his suit!?

I don't think the script was bad, but the director was horrible (and if this didn't prove it, GR did). A real director would have seen those scenes in the script, torn them out, used them to wipe himself, and demanded rewrites.

My two-cents, for what it's worth.

Mark Steven Johnson directed his own script.:woot:

And he's also a self-proclaimed fan of DD, as well. Maybe we should hire a non-fan for a DD remake instead.

You know what...I believe that. Certainly explains a lot.

This is one of those movies where you'd love to get a hold of the master copy and hire a great editor and sit down to whip out a watchable version.

Ghost Rider shows what happens when MSJ doesn't have that:( (even though Cage loves GR he was too busy being an oddball to make that count) :(

Joel Schumacher loves Batman, Tim Story loves the FF, that in itself does not make the finished article any better or worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"