Daredevil vs Flash

Both are great but I'd have to say that I enjoy The Flash more because I like my superhero shows to have super powers in them :)

Both of them are excellent. They each had a great first season. I preferred Daredevil by just a bit though.

Flash > Daredevil > iZombie >>>>>> Constantine > Arrow > Powers > Carter > SHIELD > Gotham

Daredevil, Carter, Flash, iZombie. I love all 4 of them though.

I liked Daredevil more but the Flash was a great show in itself can't wait for Season 2 of both shows.

DD definitely, but Flash came a long way since the beginning of the season

Flash for me.
I prefer the more fun atmosphere, the titular character, and the supporting characters in The Flash more.

I love the first season of Daredevil.

This really shouldn't need a vote

Yeah, I really like The Flash but there's so many stupid things in it, bad dialogue, some bad acting, and in the finale, the hero proved how terrible a hero he is. And Charlie Cox is such a better lead than Grant Gustin.

Last edited:
Traditionally speaking, Flash is one of my favorite hero characters and I don't even really like the Daredevil character but this really isn't close, Daredevil is a significantly better show.

I voted Flash solely because of Zoom, but DD had better production value and 3 amazing fight scenes. Still Flash had things like Gorilla Grodd, Mark Hamill, Zoom (must mention twice!) and whatnot!

Apples vs. Bananas

Yeah, for real.

Why must these be compared? The shows are virtually nothing alike and are each looking to accomplish something totally different from the other.

I just started the Flash. I'm only on the second episode, but there's no contest. I'm shocked the poll is as close as it is.

I love The Flash but ..... I chose Daredevil

I like The Flash, but come on. This isn't even close. No CW show will ever come close to Daredevil in terms of quality. Acting, writing, direction, cinematography, score... Literally everything about Daredevil is superior. I actually think Daredevil is better than most superhero movies, let alone TV shows.

I just started the Flash. I'm only on the second episode, but there's no contest. I'm shocked the poll is as close as it is.

See if you say the same by the time you finish The Flash :cwink:.

DD was amazing, but the over-riding arc and finale in Flash were too. Never been a fan of the Flash until I watched the show.

See if you say the same by the time you finish The Flash :cwink:.

DD was amazing, but the over-riding arc and finale in Flash were too. Never been a fan of the Flash until I watched the show.

I doubt I'll change my mind much, as Rowsder said there's no real comparison between shows on the CW and Netflix. As great as the Flash may be (and I'm looking forward to finding out if the hype is justified), it still suffers from the "teeny-bopper soap opera" approach that effects nearly every aspect of the show and puts it several notches below Daredevil.

Yeah, for real.

Why must these be compared? The shows are virtually nothing alike and are each looking to accomplish something totally different from the other.
They're both television shows based on a comic book about a guy in a red suit that fights crime. They have a lot in common. Just because the tone is different doesn't mean they can't be compared.

I doubt I'll change my mind much, as Rowsder said there's no real comparison between shows on the CW and Netflix. As great as the Flash may be (and I'm looking forward to finding out if the hype is justified), it still suffers from the "teeny-bopper soap opera" approach that effects nearly every aspect of the show and puts it several notches below Daredevil.

Yeah, that's a big problem with The Flash show. I like it a lot, but at the end of the day, Berlanti & Co. still know they need to appeal to the Post-GIFs-of-the-Pretty-CW-Stars-on-Tumblr-24/7 crowd that has kept boring crap like Supernatural and The Vampire Diaries on forever. So they bog the show down periodically with lame family or relationship drama when they should focus more on why the Flash turns into an idiot whenever he has to fight a new villain or why the cops in Central City are so worthless they can't figure out that a well-placed sniper would be all they needed to take out a pair of a**holes who are standing out in the open with no weapons but a flamethrower and a freeze-gun.

I'm not saying that all relationship or family drama is bad; Daredevil certainly has it's fair share of this, as do all superhero properties. But the way it's used in shows like The Flash almost feels like they're just throwing it in there because they're obligated to.

Daredevil is the BEST superhero show I have ever seen and Flash doesn't hold a candle to it. As a fan of the Flash, I REALLY don't like some the changes they've made in the show. Flash is a lame CW show that I couldn't care less about. I'm waiting for the DCEU/Ezra Miller version of the character.

Last edited:
Daredevil's the better show but I enjoy Flash more.

daredevil earns points in my book by just being a part of a bigger story.

i don't know if the flash is connected to even any of the other DC tv shows.

Flash is connected to Arrow. They've crossed over a few times.

DD is far better though. Just being able to do what they want without worrying about getting screamed at by the networks for being to violent or scary is amazing. Besides, we got a full season the first day it came out. That's ****ing awsome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"