Comics Dark Reign Mr. Negative

bryanss3

Summerholidays
Reaction score
24844new_storyimage7310977_full.jpg

DARK REIGN: MISTER NEGATIVE # 1
The Story: Spider-Man’s most mysterious new enemy takes center stage in a 3-issue mini-series by Official Amazing Spider-Man Web-Head Fred Van Lente and newcomer Gianluca Gigliotta. One-half benevolent philanthropist/One-half underworld mastermind, Mr. Negative has carved out a substantial slice of the big apple for himself over the past year. But when the super-villain mastermind The Hood strikes at the heart of Mr. Negative’s criminal operations with a whole horde of classic Arachno-Foes (including The Scorcher, Speed Demon, The Squid and the long awaited return of the White Rabbit), Spider-Man is left to clean up the mess between these two violent nemeses. Rated T …$3.99

In Stores: Jun 3, 2009

24845new_storyimage9888828_full.jpg

DARK REIGN: MISTER NEGATIVE # 2
The Story: The streets of Chinatown run red with blood as The Hood sends in his entire villain army to take out the Last Villain Standing who refuses to submit to his rule, Mister Negative! The only thing that can save him is the latest ruthlessly violent enforcer he's converted to his cause: THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN! Wha-huh? Plus: as Betty Brant gets ever closer to uncovering the terrifying secret behind Mr. Negative's origin, is she unwittingly sealing her own doom? Rated T …$3.99

In Stores: Jul 1, 2009

Very interested in this, Mister Negative is my favorite new baddie. :up:

Yeah Spidey's got some good new ones. I like Paperdoll too but hated her motives she could have been a bigger threat.

in issue 2 of this mini there is a lot of dancing. It's gonna put Spidey 3 to shame.

Is this the same Scorcher who appeared once or twice 15 years ago in the (admittedly good) Untold Tales series that we're not even sure is canon anymore? Is this the same Squid from the (admittedly disastrous) much mocked Mackie/Byrne reboot issues that also hasn't appeared in about 10 years? And... WHITE RABBIT?!

These villains are coming back, and yet Kaine continues to be neglected. :csad:

Actually, I am looking forward to this. It sounds like it will be fun.

White Rabbit has made a few appearances here and there just not in Spider-Man. She was in an issue of She-Hulk a long while ago for like a page and she was also in the god awful Claws(Wolverine & Black Cat mini).

If Mr. Negative and Venom fought could he destroy the symbiote?

Cover to issue 2 looks absolutely amazing. Would make a great poster.

White Rabbit has made a few appearances here and there just not in Spider-Man. She was in an issue of She-Hulk a long while ago for like a page and she was also in the god awful Claws(Wolverine & Black Cat mini).
Claws was teriffic! It was just in such a weird standalone continuity.

Wow, those look and sound awesome. July is going to be a big month for Spidey. :up:

really you thought claws was teriffic. it was pretty damn bad.
It was good, clean fun. It was like an old fashioned caper that we don't see in comics. And pairing Wolverine and Black Cat was near perfect, their team-up rapport was crediblly done. And it's got the White Rabbit! The only issue I had was it's weird continuity, but now that BND is here you can easily squeeze this in there.

I hated Claws...and that was hard to do, since im a big fan of both of Wolvie and Felicia. Just took a while to get through the bad writing.

JerseyJoker is right. Everyone was completely out of character in that story and the storyline itself was awful. the only cool thing about it was the redesign of Black Cat's costume, but I still prefer the regular one. you can't use the good clean fun argument if you go by that logic you could say Jeff Loeb's Hulk is good cause Claws was that level of bad. Good clean fun is something like X-Men: First Class, Dr. Doom and the Masters Of Evil, and the Age Of Sentry.

but back to the topic on hand I like Mr. Negative. I wouldn't mind if he became a bigger villain in NY and fought more than just Spidey. has anyone heard anything about Anti-Venom? I swear there was suppsed to be DR: Anti Venom.
Dark Reign Panel NYCC 2009
Jeff Parker reminded the audience that he's writing a mini-series Dark Reign: The Hood. Brevoort also announced upcoming comics Dark Reign: Zodiac, Dark Reign: Mr. Negative, and Dark Reign: Anti-Venom.
maybe they said Anti-Venom but meant the Sinister Spider-Man mini

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"