DC TV Series DC on HBO Max

Primal Slayer

Let the Siren scream
Reaction score
Now, Walter Hamada, president of DC films, has revealed the studio's plans for the future. According to the NYT, the studio plans to release two DCEU films a year on HBO Max, in addition to theatrical releases (up to four a year). These films will focus on smaller, riskier characters (Batgirl and Static Shock are given as examples). Hamada also says that, in addition to films, television offshoots are possible and those will connect with the larger universe as well.
2 Additional DC Movies Releasing Exclusively On HBO Max Every Year

This jsut felt like the right place to talk about upcoming things on HBO Max in regards to DC and the future.

As of today they added just about all of the DC animated films.

Batman Beyond

Batman TAS.

Missing still - the rest of the Timmverse and every Superman tv series along with Gotham.

I don't get why they are making feature films, they should focus on TV series for streaming. Disney+ has it right. And I know the DC Universe shows have moved over, Doom Patrol and Titans, I think they need to stay with that strategy and create a connected universe with these properties.

Looks they took down the old Batman movies but at least we have the TDK trilogy on there for the first time. And now we have all the Superman movies from Christopher Reeve to Brandon Routh and Henry Cavill!

Looks they took down the old Batman movies but at least we have the TDK trilogy on there for the first time. And now we have all the Superman movies from Christopher Reeve to Brandon Routh and Henry Cavill!

I honestly dont understand why they dont cut similar deals like CBS has done. CBS sells their library to other streaming platforms but has it written in that they can keep them on All Access.

It's getting tiresome having to hunt down who is streaming what each month.

I honestly dont understand why they dont cut similar deals like CBS has done. CBS sells their library to other streaming platforms but has it written in that they can keep them on All Access.

I use the app Just Watch to see which streaming app has what movie I’m looking for. But yeah I wish HBOMAX would be consistent with the DC content at least.

One of the biggest problems I had with DC Universe was it should have been the defacto one stop shop for all things DC. Instead it only had some stuff, some Batman movies, some Superman movies. It sounds like HBOMax is going to pull the same nonsense.

DC sent out an email advertising the 90s Bat movies on HBO MAX.....but they arent on there.. shady boots.

Is it possible- and I don't know since I don't own either service- that they may still be on DC Universe?

Is it possible- and I don't know since I don't own either service- that they may still be on DC Universe?

All Live Action movies have been removed. Only content remaining are tv shows/animated shows that HBO hasnt taken yet for some odd season.

I thought they were just going to carry comic books. Other DC content moved to HBO Max. Warner owns all these - HBO, DC Cartoon Network, Boomerang...
Yep, I'm keeping the service, DC Universe Infinite its called now. New comics 6 months after release, 25k new titles being released and new titles from Vertigo.

Not even sure what thread/forum to put this in anymore, or if this warrants it's own thread yet but...

Batman: The Animated Series reportedly set for a revival

According to a new report, HBO Max is looking into a Batman: The Animated Series revival.

On the latest episode of Fatman Beyond, co-hosts Kevin Smith (Clerks, Masters of the Universe: Revelation) and Marc Bernardin (Castle Rock) both had news to share that HBO Max is looking into a revival of Batman: The Animated Series.

While Bernardin was the one to initiate the discussion with second-hand information, Smith interjected that he had heard it previously from a proven source.

From the sounds of the information, the project is still in the very earliest days, and there are no indications of any contracts being signed with any cast or crew from the original series as of yet.

Batman: The Animated Series debuted on Sept. 5, 1992 and quickly rose to being a touchstone of the entire Batman franchise. The series was responsible for a retooled origin of Mr. Freeze shown in the Emmy-winning episode, “Heart of Ice,” as well as being the property responsible for the creation of Harley Quinn.

Warner Bros. has been working on reviving several of its 1990s animated series as of late with new episodes of Animaniacs currently airing on Hulu and Tiny Toons Looniversity heading to HBO Max and Cartoon Network. A revival of Batman: The Animated Series feels as though it’s a project that was inevitable once the studio began reopening its animated vault.

Should this series move forward, and taking into account the long lead times of animated projects, we imagine a late 2022 debut would be the earliest we could see it debut. And with that in mind, a 30th anniversary celebration doesn’t seem totally out of the realm of possibilities.

Not even sure what thread/forum to put this in anymore, or if this warrants it's own thread yet but...

Batman: The Animated Series reportedly set for a revival

HBO is reviving/rebooting everything else, why not BTAS? Though I will admit that it kind of scares me? The quality it would have to keep from the original, along with somehow not interfering with the rest of the Timm-verse...can be a bit hard. As long as they can keep the quality up then yeah revive it. If not...just make a new Batman show.

Today they added:
The Adventures of Aquaman
Brave and Bold
Justice League (Unlimited)
The Batman
the 90s Batman movies

Aquaman the movie will come later in the month.

New guy over DC/HBO Max content:

There's a lot of brand confusion in the DC world, you've got movies, the TV-related spinoffs, then stuff from DC Universe, The CW content and then Max originals like Green Lantern from Greg Berlanti and Justice League Dark from J.J. Abrams. Is there an objective here?

I just started to get involved with the DC content in August. Peacemaker is one of the first shows I greenlit and one of the first shows coming out, in January 2022. It's a great example of what HBO Max can do with DC content in that we're producing at al level we haven't seen DC content on TV do thus far. It's been one of [WarnerMedia CEO] Ann Sarnoff's priorities to organize the DC world for exactly what you're talking about — to make sure that the universe is logical and makes sense. She talks about the flywheel: that the movies speak to the TV shows that speak to the movies — that it's all connected. There's a lot of work going on in that at DC and Warner Bros. That is very much something that Ann has made a priority and the company is doing. It's one of the things in terms of WarnerMedia today vs. Time Warner five years ago, I have regular conversations now with [Warner Bros. film chief] Toby Emmerich and [DC content chief] Jim Lee and we talk about all things in way that never would have been discussed before. That's probably how you got a little DC over here, a little of DC over there, etc. The idea going forward is that we're talking with one voice about the DC universe. It's a really valuable world to have and we want to make sure we're using it correctly.

Right, and now even The CW is seemingly building out a secondary DC world outside of Greg Berlanti's multiple-show world with Naomi from Ava DuVernay…

You see confusion, I see lots of opportunity for DC fans! (Laughing.)

HBO and HBO Max Chief Details 'Game of Thrones' Expansion Plans

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"