DC TV Series The Penguin Spin-Off | HBO Max

Pennywise

Avenger
Reaction score
Penguin Spinoff Series In The Works At HBO Max – Deadline

The streamer already has a slew of DC-related projects in the works, some with series orders and others in development including a spinoff of The Batman, and a J.J. Abrams-exec produced takes on Madame X and Constantine.

It is now also working up a series involving classic Batman foe Penguin.

Deadline understands that the project is in the early stages of development and is being exec produced by The Batman duo Dylan Clark and Matt Reeves. It comes from Reeves’ 6th and Idaho, Dylan Clark Productions, DC Entertainment and Warner Bros. Television.

It’s described as a “Scarface-like” series about the rise of the Penguin character.

The Penguin, otherwise known as Oswald Chesterfield Cobblepot, is a dapper mob boss and one of Batman’s primary villains. The character has been played by Danny DeVito in Batman Returns and Robin Lord Taylor in Gotham.

I hope all these The Batman spin-offs feel different. Interesting to see if Colin Farrell will reprise the role or if it's going to be a new, younger actor as it's an origin story.

Not too excited about this. I feel like we already had an origin series of Penguin in “Gotham”.

Hopefully this means we'll get a Catwoman project pretty soon.

there were rumours like last year but yea.id rather get a hbo max movie tbh.Have it be a heist film.

Hopefully this means we'll get a Catwoman project pretty soon.

Thats what i feel has more life in it.
Dont really see what more you would want to do with Penguin, especially not in a Series.
Sure you could do a crime mobster series, but i dont know if that is needed.

A Catwoman project feels like you could do much more with it.

But who knows, we have no idea how much depth Reeves Penguin has and all that.
So i keep a open mind on this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"