DC Universe Online

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, I hope my itty bitty laptop can support it, because so far DCUO and MGS4 are the only two reasons on earth I would ever consider buying a PS3....but DCUO is a pretty fricken big reason to me.

I don't see why sony wouldn't allow a PC version, but who knows. We'll find out soon, E3 is drawing closer.

The screens look fabolous, the idea is sweet, everything else is perfect! I can't wait...I hope though that they are not going to want us pay for the gameplay...

Hmm, am I ready to dive into another MMO after I gave up on them for taking up far too much of my time...maybe. Truth is I'm a Marvel guy and haven't read DC for a few years. However I know enough that I can follow along, however if the comic stories tie in I'll no doubt find myself scratching my head a few times.

This game does look sweet so far tho, looks like it's pushing a few more polygons than CoH did. I have a feeling tho that we'll be restricted to not making Marvel characters, so expect to see a few ppl who create Wolverine892098 or XxSpidersmanxX to ***** about their characters being deleted lol.

I think this time tho if I do get into this MMO I'm going to take it easy. Getting tied into raids, being promoted to a guild officer, it just really eats up so much time. Having to be on at a certain time I think is what kills MMO's for me, I just want to play when I feel like it and not have to make a schedule for it. The fee's on the other hand don't bother me. Eh, just rambling lol, don't mind me.

well, I hope my itty bitty laptop can support it, because so far DCUO and MGS4 are the only two reasons on earth I would ever consider buying a PS3....but DCUO is a pretty fricken big reason to me.

Haha, you sound like me, altho my reason was Metal Gear Solid 4, and it was a big enough reason to warrant a purchase. I also have enjoyed Uncharted, but other than those two titles, i dont see myself owning many PS3 games as ill purchase all multi-plat titles on my 360 amd i dont see many PS3 exclusive titles that'll interest me, that is until we get more info on this game.

On a side note, if you have played through all previous Metal Gear Solid games and enjoyed them, then purchasing a PS3 for MGS4 is WELL worth it.

I can't see the MySpace page?!?
Can somebody please tell me whats on it?

I can't see the MySpace page?!?
Can somebody please tell me whats on it?

It has the Superman image with the DCUO logo I posted as a background, you can change it to a pic of Batman, it has some concept art, the screenshots I posted, the artwork trailer, some concept art wallpapers, buddy icons and the first blog entry of DCUO's Senior Producer.

Here's what the blog post says:

Wes Yanagi - Senior Producer for DC Universe Online said:
Hi, I am Wes Yanagi. I am the Senior Producer for DC Universe Online. Welcome to the 1st post on our new DC Universe Online MySpace site. In the upcoming months, I'll do my best to post regular updates and keep all of our MySpace friends in the loop as we make progress building the game. First off, I have to say I'm super (no pun intended) excited to be working on this project. We have a great team here at SOE Austin… probably the best group of professional talent I've ever worked with in all my years in the business. I also feel lucky to be working with an awesome talent like Jim Lee and the rest of his Wildstorm team. But the most exciting thing is the game. DCUO is all about fulfilling your super hero fantasy. We're building a world where you feel like you've stepped into the DC Universe and become the ultimate super-hero (or villain) along side of Superman, Batman, or Ambush Bug (for you hardcore comic fans.) J Btw, if you are planning to attend Comic-Con San Diego, don't miss out on our MySpace fan party. Just stop by our booth and show us we're one of your top friends on MySpace to get your pass into the party. And, I probably shouldn't be saying this but, we're also going to show our 1st public demo of the game as well! I gotta run now. See you at the Con!

It has the Superman image with the DCUO logo I posted as a background, you can change it to a pic of Batman, it has some concept art, the screenshots I posted, the artwork trailer, some concept art wallpapers, buddy icons and the first blog entry of DCUO's Senior Producer.

Here's what the blog post says:

Thanks!
Do they have the concept art of Poison Ivy from the trailer?

This isn't being made by SCE, this is SOE which tends to make PC games. And it's been confirmed to be on both PC and PS3.
my bad. I read the question wrong. I read it as is it being only made for the PS3 and PC

No. They have concept art for Metropolis, Gotham, LexCorp Shock Trooper and Black Canary.

Thanks again!
I don't know why I can't see the site, it always leads to the MySpace front page...

Thanks!
Do they have the concept art of Poison Ivy from the trailer?

There is! You can watch the little movie that's on the page and there is concept art of Ivy, Canary, Hawkgirl, Harley Quinn, Powergirl, Huntress, Raven, Heatwave, Cheshire and Bizarro as well as downloadable buddy icons of Joker, Batman, Superman, Ivy and some others. It's pretty rad.

watch the video dude, you're missed out on the good stuff ;)

I've seen it. I was actually the one that posted the video. Green Ghost just asked if the Poison Ivy concept art from the trailer was available at the MySpace page and it's not. It can only been seen in the trailer.

ooooh, I see. Sorry, I don't tend to pay attention to things. Heh heh heh....*runs away*

I REALLY hope that when they say a "kick-ass hybrid between a traditional MMO and a first-person action console game" they mean MMO= lots of people playing online together, tons of character customization, and the ability to upgrade your character with all sorts of awesome powers.....and First-person action= none of the point, click, and wait gameplay from COH and other such MMOs.

The concept art is awesome, too bad you can't play DC characters in it.

This game sounds awesome. I'm definitely glad that it is a make your own character system because other wise it would be terribly unbalanced if some people got to play as Superman while others played as the likes of Black Canary or other second raters.

So how does everyone think the fees will work? Maybe one or two free characters then you pay for any future ones? I can't see Sony implementing a monthly being as free online play is one of their biggest selling points right now. Any word on it?

Yeah, I'm psyched to make my own charatcer but, btw, Black Canary has an advantage over Superman. She has a supersonic scream, and his supersensitive hearing doesn't have an off switch. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"