DCE and WB to launch DC Super Hero Girls initiative

Gee

Rebirth
Reaction score
DC Entertainment and Warner Bros. are teaming up to launch "DC Super Hero Girls" in fall 2015, a new initiative that will create a new superhero universe designed specifically for girls.

"DC Super Hero Girls" will follow female superheroes and supervillains of the DC Comics, "prior to discovering their full super power potential." Wonder Woman, Supergirl, Batgirl, Harley Quinn, Bumble Bee, Poison Ivy and Katana are just a few of the characters set to appear as teenagers and star in the new line of products, geared at girls aged 6-12.

btmKEQK.jpg

http://www.comicbookresources.com/a...ner-bros-launch-dc-super-hero-girls-initiativ
http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2015/0...ership-with-mattel-launch-dc-super-hero-girls

:up:

Going at Disney's neck for that Disney Princess audience.

This is a smart business initiative for WB/DC, since it's taking advantage of a growing market of female superhero fans.

It could help Mattel boost their sales, because their breadwinner Barbie has been in decline for a long time.

Two of those characters are not like the others. :o

Ah well, I have a niece that has four older brothers so she'll get a comic background as well.

DC has a great wealth of female superheroes and supervillians to use, which is smart of them to get into this venture.

It's like DC heroines meets Disney Princesses!!

:atp:

Supergirl is sweet, awkward, and fun-loving.

iow.....she's KARADORABLE!! :atp:

I think this could be really great, as people have said it's like a DC take on the Disney Princesses, but girls are already interested in what's out there so I hope this doesn't come across as patronising

Well I have a niece who is almost 2 and let's be honest, I have a better time getting along with her 5 year old brother who brings up Batman all the time (which I have no problem with at all) so this could work!

Katana as a Disney Princess is the most hilarious thing I can think of.

I will say, I'd be all for taking my sister to an animated DC Heroine film in the cinema. They might be onto something there.

Last edited:
I'm surprised they never did this a long time ago.

I know I'd have a huge crush on Kara if this had been a thing back when I was a young boy.

Like how Kara is listed as the "Kind One" and that she's kind, super-strong, clumsy, and "a-dork-able."

seems they are going for a similar personality as the new Supergirl tv show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"