• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Deadly Games - can anyone help me find this show?

walternewell

Civilian
Reaction score
For those of you who don't know this show, here's the rundown.

A scientist, Dr. Gus Lloyd, creates a video game where he is the hero, and the villains are based upon people who have mistreated him in real life. However, due to an accident with an anti-matter experiment, the villains start crossing over from the game world, and into the real world. The bad guys are also being co-ordinated by the villainous Sebastian Jackal, played by Christopher Lloyd. Now it's up to Gus and his friends to send the Jackal and his evil minions back into the game, thus saving the world as we know it.

I rediscovered this show a short time ago, and I've been trying to find if there is any place where I can find the episodes to this program. So far, I've had no luck. Can anyone out there help me?

sounds interesting is it on DVD?

Sadly, 3dman27, the show hasn't been officially released on DVD. I even talked to some of the video vendors over at this year's New York Comic-Con, and they said they never even heard of the show (keep in mind these guys have watched a good deal of TV from both in and out of the U.S.). I was wondering if anyone had copies of the episodes and if they were selling them.

Here's the main cast of the series:

upnpsdg001.jpg

From left to right:
Peter Rucker (played by Stephen T. Kay) - As Gus' lab assistant, Peter must help Gus find a way to get his parade of villains off the streets and back into the game. A seen-it-all New Yorker, even Peter is amazed at the quality and quantity of his colleague's neuroses, as evidenced by his video game creations.

Dr. Gus Lloyd (played by James Calvert) - A brilliant young scientist, Gus' breakthrough discovery of anti-matter may earn him a place in history -- not as the recipient of a Nobel Prize, but as the guy who inadvertently unleashed pure evil onto the world. As a way of dealing with a painful divorce, Gus created a video game in which the villains look like people he has known and have exaggerated versions of their quirks and peccadilloes... but are far more deadly (in Gus' words, "It was a lot cheaper than therapy"). When an accident in his lab brings these bad folks to "life" and forces Gus into the unlikely role of hero, he must enlist the aide of his ex-wife and his lab assistant to maintain order in the world.

Lauren Ashborne (played by Cynthia Gibb) - Gus' beautiful ex-wife had almost made it to the altar again when his lab accident changed her life. Unaware that Gus had even created a video game, Lauren was extremely surprised to find herself cast as "the girl" -- love interest and loyal sidekick to Gus' "Cold Steel Kid." Once it sinks in that without her help, Gus is powerless against his evil creations, Lauren grudgingly submits. With one problem remaining: how do you explain to your fiancé that you missed meeting him for vital wedding preparations because you had to stop a maniacal football player -- armed with miniature football bombs -- from dropping a nuclear warhead on the L.A. Coliseum?

And finally, the villain of the piece --
Sebastian Jackal (played by Christopher Lloyd) - Think Satan with a sense of whimsy. Jackal, dressed in immaculate white, is the quintessential bad guy. Always appreciative of a glass of fine champagne, nothing makes him thirstier than some well-executed death and destruction. His turn-ons include the ultimate control of life on earth, and he volunteers his time helping apprentice villains hone their craft. In the weeks to come, the person in Gus' life upon whom Jackal is based will reappear.

Any clues as to where I can find this show would be greatly appreciated!

pardon my ignorance but was this an 80's show

No, 3dman27, this was first aired in 1995 on the network formerly known as UPN.

thanks since sci fi is airing the former upn shows like jake2.0 and special unit 2 maybe the'll air deadly games as well

Perhaps, 3dman27, but just the same, I'll see if I can get in touch with the Sci-Fi channel about "Deadly Games."

good idea
i'll keep checking my listings if i see anything about deadly games i post the info

Hey, 3dman27, I sent in an e-mail to Sci-Fi regarding the show. I'm hoping to hear from them soon.

Btw, can you help me find some more people to chime in on this thread?

try pm ing silver sable and kmack and kenny eugene mccall

Already done. Silver got back to me, but I haven't from the others yet.

I know this thread is VERY old at this point, but I was wondering if anybody had succeeded in finding this show.

There are several episodes in their entirety posted on YouTube, and I have two more on VHS that I don't see posted anywhere.

Just curious if any progress has been made in this one, I've been looking for this show for seemingly ever.

I know this thread is VERY old at this point, but I was wondering if anybody had succeeded in finding this show.

There are several episodes in their entirety posted on YouTube, and I have two more on VHS that I don't see posted anywhere.

Just curious if any progress has been made in this one, I've been looking for this show for seemingly ever.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DeadlyGames1995 <-- every episode is on this channel

Could try this too http://thepiratebay.sx/torrent/9202748/Deadly_Games_(1995-1996)

Delete that second link immediately. Torrent links for illegal downloads are not allowed on here and will likely get you banned for it.

Thank you!

I actually found the episodes on YouTube before I remembered I posted here.

The end of one episode is missing, but it's one I have on tape, and I've been trying to find a way to get that up with the others. Eventually, I'll get to it.

Now hopefully somebody shows up that has found the unaired episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"