Deathstroke

Abishai100

Civilian
Reaction score
Deathstroke dropped out of Harvard after graduating from Andover and traveled to Nepal where she meditated on how to become the perfect ninja-assassin. A toxic accident rendered one of her eyes blind, requiring her to always wear an eye-patch, a fact which made her ironically interested in piracy and masquerade. After all, certain handicaps facilitated a special imagination plasticity and lifestyle re-orientation. Deathstroke's real named was Cindy Collins, daughter of an IRA (Irish Republican Army) general in Belfast (Northern Ireland) who was instrumental in the forging of bridges with Sinn Fein that reduced civilian-targeted terrorism and diluted retaliatory British police violence while coordinating factions of the IRA into one solid group focused on only police and military targets.

After Cindy's father was killed in action, she was devastated. She put all her mental energy into her studies in the USA and excelled in Andover and then later at Harvard where she studied psychology and international customs before being recruited by the CIA to do underground black-ops work in Northern Ireland with the name-prestige of her killed officer-father. While working in Belfast, Cindy decided to not return to Harvard to complete her college degree and instead finished up her half-mission for the CIA before traveling to Nepal to study transcendentalism and find her new niche in the modern world. In Nepal, Cindy studied Shaivism and the philosophy of destruction before reading books on vampirism. While studying vampirism, Cindy Collins realized she had a strange fascination with the Occult.

Cindy stayed in the Himalayas of Nepal for a while and continued her meditative studies. She decided she wanted to balance Shaivism philosophy with vampirism metaphysics to transform herself into the ultimate ninja-assassin and super-warrior named Deathstroke. As the venomous and stealthy Deathstroke, Cindy Collins could infiltrate any terrorist group in the world and either help them or thwart them, depending on her equal disposition and biases. Deathstroke became known as the underground 'elektra-woman' of black-ops assassinations and kills for terrorist groups or for governments seeking to eliminate rogue terrorism. Deathstroke wore a body-suit and wielded a sword and crossbow and was even involved in the eradication of a terrorist 'clan' in Eastern Europe professing to be vampires!

Deathstroke decided to travel to the USA again and reconnect with Charles Xavier and his School for Gifted (Mutant) Youngsters. He confided in Dr. Xavier and explained she'd developed a special 'psychic sense' for great sociopolitical infiltration and her target-shooting and swordplay skills shot up exponentially. Xavier was indeed impressed and suggested to his new ally that Deathstroke had received this 'spike' in gifts and skills because of her reflexive reactions to years of exposure to environmental complexity. Xavier convinced the transformed female ninja that she'd somehow become a real 'mutant' of modern world muscularity and wanted her to join his team of underground super-vigilantes known as the uncanny X-Men. Deathstroke told Xavier she'd return to Eastern Europe to do more vampire-hunting before deciding to join the X-Men or not, and until then, she'd remain a solitary and lone diplomat...the perfect response to worldly disease!

====

deathstroke.jpg

She-Hulk

Here's a fun short addendum about the rival She-Hulk!

====

When the indomitable Deathstroke crossed paths with the marvelous She-Hulk in Lithuania, while the two superwomen were working with drug cartel hellfire in a post-9/11 Europe, Deathstroke decided to construct a poem describing her bout with the complexity of women at odds. This poem became a prescription for all forms of female fighting. It would spell disaster for daydreams about peace between superwomen.

"I think of the Cross,
and what do I think?
I see a hole in the heart
of a fantastic rink.

I think of the female titans,
and what do I feel?
I imagine the arena
in which death is real!

I think of my rival She-Hulk,
and how do I breathe?
I dreamt of her downfall,
and the hellish wreath."